What's new

Where are the "head high by July" folks???

flower~power

~Star~Crash~
ICMag Donor
Veteran
IMG_3355.jpeg
IMG_3354.jpeg
Here’s some of my humble patch from yesterday. They are pretty big, but not as big as yours. I’m thinking they’re going to top out at about 10 feet.

View attachment 19040973 View attachment 19040974 Here’s some of my humble patch from yesterday. They are pretty big, but not as big as yours. I’m thinking they’re going to top out at about 10 feet.
Those are beautiful.... mine get out of hand ....too much work ....but I will get over it lol.....I need to rethink it all for next year maybe just a single larger gal....and several LST manageable ladies

She is a he........the 1 that got through the cracks....more like my bad eyes and impatience late planting her I mean him......thinking of a way to surround and keep him for a.shit ton of pollen it has a beautiful purple stem and structure and excellent stem rub nose....worth exploring may cut a bunch and leave just enough to harvest some pollen, and if I time.right I should be able to avoid pollination of the surrounding ladies......but I might not want to chance this either ....so a.chop.may be in order soon
20240803_093207.jpg

Attachments

• 20240803_093302.jpg
    20240803_093302.jpg
    1.3 MB · Views: 26

cbotany

Veteran
She is a he........the 1 that got through the cracks....more like my bad eyes and impatience late planting her I mean him......thinking of a way to surround and keep him for a.shit ton of pollen it has a beautiful purple stem and structure and excellent stem rub nose....worth exploring may cut a bunch and leave just enough to harvest some pollen, and if I time.right I should be able to avoid pollination of the surrounding ladies......but I might not want to chance this either ....so a.chop.may be in order soon
View attachment 19042652
I'm no expert but I like to chop down to one leafed internode (the lowest) and collect pollen from that, if hes a nice boy bagging him up wouldn't hurt :)

cbotany

Veteran
I'm thinking of stripping it down and cloning and will just let them flower and root simultaneously , and collect for chucking
To be honest that may be a better Idea, I'm kinda set on my ways I've always just chopped and either lightly seeded my crop, or dried and seeded a branch, Are you thinking of cloning the male indoors? Or just down wind?

Edited, Was tired and said the same thing twice...lol

Last edited:
To be honest that may be a better Idea, I'm kinda set on my ways I've always just chopped and either lightly seeded my crop, or dried and seeded a branch, Are you thinking of cloning the male indoors? Or just down wind?

Edited, Was tired and said the same thing twice...lol
Going to clone them away from the garden but under the natural light until.rooted than maybe force them to flower to.collect the pollen hoping I might be able to catch a.few branches of the Apple.Dream and maybe others....