What's new

When do you P/K boost?

I Care

Thank you for the positive thoughts on the lights. The ballasts are 120-277v input and the bulbs at the moment are 4 each 150w and 1 each 70w.

With the nitrogen I like to go for very slow release inputs that require biologics to make it available.

Some polymers are naturally produced and can be broken into organic/elemental parts that are not so concerning. However, I am not comfortable with the synthetic versions and petrol industry by-products like these types of fert formulas.

I do not want to sound negative or to discourage you in any way. If that is what you have access to and you are comfortable with it, by all means go for it and I wish great results for you!

Oh cool, so those are like bright commercial can light hid bulbs. Look just like 60w automotive headlight bulbs.

Pondered supplemental lighting set up, growing in the warm and humid southeastern US. Cheap solar, light sensitive switch, 12V car batteries, automotive HID bulbs and a cut off switch when voltage goes below 12 to preserve batteries. Method push flowering back for cooler dryer weather, I knew somebody guerrilla growing on state lands. Their was so garbage cause the budding happens while its still above 80 degrees every day. End up with a 12 month growing season, massive plants!!

If I can manage to get enough flowers this year I will buy proper drainage so I can do organic outdoor and organic indoor.

Also, if the osmocote works/seems like healthy smoke I will continue that too. Seems ideal if I felt like doing a little breeding, a little late to the party from just the concerns of losing my freedom.. one lawyer charged with contempt of court, another failing character and fitness cause of some criminal history, then the good one that will help you get away with murder was not exactly someone you could afford growing a little indoor.

I Care

Don’t take that wrong. Not me or around me had any trouble. Sorry, I love weed and everybody about it. Use the term garbage because it’s just the type of stuff that you might store in a garbage bag. Everybody knows what high humidity and rain do, in fact it’s still smokeable weed as long as it’s nothing that isn in the weed.

Dialed into to the next phase with the GMO c2 is in a larger pot the osmo14(12)s and some soil of the culled. Sometimes ya just gotta get on down the road and carry on.

“I am Groot” IMG_0906.jpeg

I Care

Also following the advice of never PK boost. Balanced NPK and various nutrients. Great root growth and much more than I expected. Took up all 6 inches of (edit:new) soil, could have used another 1000c of media two(really5) weeks ago.
IMG_0907.jpeg

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    2.4 MB · Views: 27
Last edited:

Cannamatrix

Never have, never will. Looks like they got to you too. :)

Here is one of the original, real C99 I bought from The Brothers Grimm back in 2001. Note - this isn't your usual forum posted top 4" of bud folks post around here to look kewl. :) That's about 13" or so of a fat main cola. Flowering plants in the background are nice and green.

View attachment 18927245

You guys tend to over think this food thingie making it so confusing, resulting in subpar results. You might fail due to nutrient antagonism issues while blaming your problems on lame stuff like pH imbalances, lack of Mg, Ca, etc. Cannabis is quite pH tolerant when it comes to processing salts via the roots. I never worry about it. I throw together a bulk load of soil with whatever I have stockpiled which might include washed coarse sand piled outdoors.

Just telling it like it is based on over 20 years of observations and postings.

Uncle Ben
OMG....C99...I miss her badly as well as all the old TGA strains.

mexweed

Veteran
If you end up doing proper organics indoor, fresh air exchange is a must due to the off gassing of things like crab meal and fish emulsion breaking down, the last thing you want in an indoor garden is recirculating that kind of decomposition

The farther you go into hydro things like ph fluctuation can outright kill a plant, in something like dwc things like carbs are a "myth" because things like molasses will clog the system up and grow bad stuff in a reservoir, it becomes more about the ionic balance/EC of the mineral salts in the water, people will still add microbes to a reservoir but eh

Imo some kind of fading is a must for a hydro finish, it really doesn't matter what the leafs look like if the buds are getting fat enough to make the plant flop and there is noticeable trichome increase nearly daily

Genetics also play a big role, not every strain fades the same with some staying green even when depleted of nutrients, the old Colombian farmers swore by letting the plant literally die at the end of it's flowering cycle it's where the "gold" came from, a unique expression of genetics because a lot of strains would end up tasting like hay if they got finished like that

Old Uncle Ben

OMG....C99...I miss her badly as well as all the old TGA strains.

I hear ya. I have many crosses back from "the day" that I did.

Just took this shot. Weird but the phenotype is pretty indica. Back 3 are pure indica, afghans, rest are C99 stuff. The little guys in front are C99 stuff too, will be upcanned to MicroKoted 2 gal. pots this morn.

I hit the lighter colored seedling in the pink tub with Dyna-Gro 9-3-6 yesterday. Guess it likes a little more N than the others.

Jan6.jpg

Uncle Ben

Old Uncle Ben

Sowed those seeds Dec. 17 after soaking them for 2 days. These 2 laggards are overdue for an upcanning, but with the holidays and all......

Peak19 was an awesome cross by a Dutch breeder, Sagarmatha. Peak19 is Colombia Gold X Matanuska Thunderfuck. I crossed it with C99. Calling it CindyPeak. It's showing an indica phenotype.

Jan6#3.jpg

I Care

Your plants grow amazingly well. That one in the back middle looks like it’s already got 11leafers coming out of it. The GMO c2 isn’t looking so good after the dry back, uppotting and the incomplete osmo14.

Little to serous to be a typical reaction to transplanting, going to wait it out and if it doesn’t heal up I’ll probably need to work with something else.

image.jpg

Old Uncle Ben

Your plants grow amazingly well. That one in the back middle looks like it’s already got 11leafers coming out of it. The GMO c2 isn’t looking so good after the dry back, uppotting and the incomplete osmo14.

Little to serous to be a typical reaction to transplanting, going to wait it out and if it doesn’t heal up I’ll probably need to work with something else.

View attachment 18942760

That's so weird, almost looks like insect damage, but most likely too much fertilizer notice the leaf burn and the margin/tip curling/wrinkling. Sometimes copper colored dots will show thru the foliage indicating too much fertilizer salts, too high ppm regarding the salts too.

Are you watering them thoroughly where you get a good runoff? I drench my big pots good, let them sit for a minute in a saucer then tip them over a bucket to run freely from one of the side drainholes. I use that runoff on house plants and such. That's it. The slow release Osmocote takes care of their nutrient needs.

Easy peasy!

I never get transplant shock. I rip off the spin out at the bottom too. The plants respond over night and kick butt. I'll take a photo of the 2 I'm about to upcan in a day or two to show you. I really need to start a journal! Getting off topic.

Here's a germ pot (20 oz, 6.5" tall Styro-Cup) being upcanned about 2 weeks ago.

Dec30 Upcann C99s CPeak too#2.jpg

Good luck,
UB

Last edited:

weedemart

Hey first post on this forum but just want to say UB is the man. Ignore the hater because I can 100% support UB on all the fact he's pointing out and I have been growing myself for 20+ years. And FYI I'm on other forums aswell, I read UB post for the last decade and he always commited to share the science behind his grow and I can tell you guys, everything is true, just test it by yourself.

10th planet

1704570586641.png

1704570433627.png

1704571103018.png

Last edited:

I Care

It is just strange. Anything is possible. Havn’t given a good watering since I watered it in going from the 1 gal to the 2 gals I have available. Might have over fertilized with the osmocote or with watering in with the grow big. I’ll give it a good shower and see what happens.

I may have picked a sick cutting and it’s just coming through on this one I picked as a mother plant. It may have caused it to be sick or from the other cuttings I had that were giving me trouble. Had three other strains at one point and one of them was very brittle, one had hollow stems and the other got PM excessively was covered in it by the time I noticed.

Maybe this one got infected with something when I was taking the cuttings.

weedemart

I can confirm that your plant is infected with roots fungus probly caused by poor drainage.You wanna see white fuzzy roots coming out of the pots otherwise something is wrong.

If I was you, I would prepare a low EC balanced nutrient solution([email protected]) with peroxyde(h2o2) for the next watering and water till run off. then start after that at .85ec and increase up to 1.3. If you have any beneficial microbes it would be a good idea to add them back after the peroxyde flush.
GL

Last edited:

I Care

I have been following up with hydrogen peroxide with this one because of PM. I also did the soil when it was in the smaller pot. It is similar to what happened before. Looked terrible, shed leaves spaghetttid at the tops and then bounced back, unfortunately, I propgated this after that episode.

I have a meter with no batteries that ca recommended and I’ll start using the thing eventually. One really dumb thing I did; I needed a flood tray but spent on puffage. Pain in the butt and a buzzkill for me to move stuff back forth to the shower all the time for a good run off. Definitely been in some bad practices with the drainage.

I think it will come around, expect the worst. Needed to tell me to give it another good flood, instead of me just thinking it. Thanks UB definitely come in with exactly the proper advice at the moment. Got good clear water coming out of it and the soil settled a little bit more.

I Care

Thing is already a bit more springy after a good clean flood with a good shower from plain well water.

Old Uncle Ben

Hey first post on this forum but just want to say UB is the man. Ignore the hater because I can 100% support UB on all the fact he's pointing out and I have been growing myself for 20+ years. And FYI I'm on other forums aswell, I read UB post for the last decade and he always commited to share the science behind his grow and I can tell you guys, everything is true, just test it by yourself.

10th planet

View attachment 18942855
View attachment 18942851
View attachment 18942859

Thanks, I try!

Beautiful plants. Love those roots. It's all about the roots, and your sugary buds reflect that.

UB

Old Uncle Ben

Thing is already a bit more springy after a good clean flood with a good shower from plain well water.

Yep!

Being a little dried out I pulled my 3 (older) afghanis (back row) yesterday afternoon and deep soaked them in plain water. They exploded in growth overnight.
Jan8 AM#2.jpg

I Care

Very good signs of recovery with the osmo14(12). Was really making a good recovery, let it dry out again ago new growth stunted again. Much much better, and like you said, the osmocte is easy peasy.

Really no excuses now. All I’ve got to do is water it and monitor for deficiencies!
IMG_0959.jpeg

blondie

I thought my leaves were showing a need for a boost at 11+ weeks of flower. Uncle Ben has said elsewhere P causes stretch, not N. Well..

This is your plant on many weeks of 15-0-0

9E409C29-876A-4681-BA09-BC26E0139395.jpeg

This is your same plant on ONE watering of 1-3-1
40202155-CDF6-47CC-9A2C-1946AF971DC7.jpeg

A20D3C97-4176-4B2F-B6DE-A7EF4B08D059.jpeg

Latest posts

Latest posts