What's new

When do you P/K boost?

Jaken

U feed pk,when ur plants flowers start to stack,usualy when they start to spiral round the stem(about 5 weeks on a nine week strain),if u apply ur pk at the wrong time it doesn't do much but once u get the feel for it and learn when to apply it at the right time u will see the difference.the plants take off like rockets and stack good.to soon or to late with the pk tho and it does nothing much.like most things it's a learning curve.76
Y not apply it before you see any flowers/bud then drop it 90%?? Then back up last 2 weeks No brown hairs + all the sticky

I Care

You guys saying that it’s a good idea not to take any advice off of the forums?

Smart thing to do, I should ignore any antagonism and go with what I learned many years ago. I know that the results are fantastic and it’s really my only regret here. Not having a local supplier of what I’ve used in the past with great result.

I’m really interested in this osmocote thing though. I dumped all the soil for the cuttings that didn’t make the cut (due to my space restrictions). Plan to flush that with hydrogen peroxide than with water then I will plant the two plants I have with an osmocote found at the local hardware store.

The cheapest immediate option is 1lb of 4 Month 14-14-14 leaving more room for these bottles to go away. Or should I be a good listener and to get the 2lb of 6 Month 15-7-12 UB wants me to get Let me know what you would suggest as why Im thinking its 14-14-14, it is 10 bones for the. If it’s good enough of a compromise.
15-7-12 is like 20 bucks for the 2

I can’t get the big bag or I’ll have that big mess like on OUB floor.

Jaken

Smart thing to do, I should ignore any antagonism and go with what I learned many years ago. I know that the results are fantastic and it’s really my only regret here. Not having a local supplier of what I’ve used in the past with great result.

I’m really interested in this osmocote thing though. I dumped all the soil for the cuttings that didn’t make the cut (due to my space restrictions). Plan to flush that with hydrogen peroxide than with water then I will plant the two plants I have with an osmocote found at the local hardware store.

The cheapest immediate option is 1lb of 4 Month 14-14-14 leaving more room for these bottles to go away. Or should I be a good listener and to get the 2lb of 6 Month 15-7-12 UB wants me to get Let me know what you would suggest as why Im thinking its 14-14-14, it is 10 bones for the. If it’s good enough of a compromise.

Lol what's a mess for oub floor? Also buy the powder it's same results for me from the liquid imo and if your nitrogen is high it take longer to dissolve cut nitro off in bloom 👋

Jaken

Also make your root go insane with rock supercharge root tonic (mix your own type of thing)

Old Uncle Ben

14-14-14 is fine. In the real world my 15-9-12 has about the same balanced NPK macros. It's when you get some wacked out NPK ratios that you start having problems. Haven't looked at the micros package but I'm sure the 14-14-14 is good. Don't know if you live in the states of A.M. Leonard had free shipping yesterday. I take advantage of those expensive shipping rates and order bulky and/or heavy items like 50# of this and that. BM-7 is an incredible soil less mix. Stuff the big nurseries use.

If you empower yourself with basic gardening principles, learning what makes a plant tick, basic plant nutrition and toss all the wacko trendy forum crap out the window you'll grow good pot.....and tomatoes, trees, veggies, etc.

edit - no need to toss the bottles. Just listen to the basics I'm trying to preach - a rational, balanced nutritional approach with out the voodoo magic of Bloom foods and stuff. It just isn't needed.

I offer advise in many forums and when someone asks "will Acme oak tree work in our area?" my first response is "have you identified all the natural factors it gets in it's natural state?" IOW, mimic the natural conditions of cannabis regions. Doesn't mean you can't push it a little, and you should. Means you need find out what cactus, succulents, roses, orchids like before going off half cocked and buying a bunch.

Too many set themselves for failure not knowing any better.

Good luck,
Uncle Ben

Last edited:

Dime

You can't force feed them,making sure it's readily available and they don't run out is the plan.

I Care

14-14-14 is fine. In the real world my 15-9-12 has about the same balanced NPK macros. It's when you get some wacked out NPK ratios that you start having problems. Haven't looked at the micros package but I'm sure the 14-14-14 is good. Don't know if you live in the states of A.M. Leonard had free shipping yesterday. I take advantage of those expensive shipping rates and order bulky and/or heavy items like 50# of this and that. BM-7 is an incredible soil less mix. Stuff the big nurseries use.

If you empower yourself with basic gardening principles, learning what makes a plant tick, basic plant nutrition and toss all the wacko trendy forum crap out the window you'll grow good pot.....and tomatoes, trees, veggies, etc.

edit - no need to toss the bottles. Just listen to the basics I'm trying to preach - a rational, balanced nutritional approach with out the voodoo magic of Bloom foods and stuff. It just isn't needed.

I offer advise in many forums and when someone asks "will Acme oak tree work in our area?" my first response is "have you identified all the natural factors it gets in it's natural state?" IOW, mimic the natural conditions of cannabis regions. Doesn't mean you can't push it a little, and you should. Means you need find out what cactus, succulents, roses, orchids like before going off half cocked and buying a bunch.

Too many set themselves for failure not knowing any better.

Good luck,
Uncle Ben
Perfect. Because it really is the cheapest option.
Wont toss the bottles. If I have issues it’s going to be much easier without the concerns for the salt build up and can supplement without concern. Will be great to see how it goes for a small batch of cuttings for next year. Even better if I can find a few others here who can grow plants out, so that the picking and choosing doesn’t need to be so strict. Felt wrong to destroy a few healthy cuttings.

The mini monster is beautiful, stinky and it’s ready for a new shell. Don’t mind the calcium deficiency, I let it dry out too much.

This is going to need to be retitled and edited soon to reflect the direction.
I am considering finding something more to work with when cheap clones become available. None of the others I tried were this responsive to training, but outside that really doesn’t matter.

Attachments

• IMG_0808.jpeg
    IMG_0808.jpeg
    1.9 MB · Views: 30

Solidopc

Sorry to hear about your mum, hope she pulls thru OK. Feco oil, what's that? I assume you're in the U.K. If in the states you might want to try this CBD/CBG tincture for nausea and inflammation control. I just ordered two large bottles. One for me and one for my girlfriend's sister who's going thru a miserable bout of chemo. I buy their products with a 60% off disability discount, check out that program. https://www.lazarusnaturals.com/cbg-cbd-oil-tincture-full-spectrum#205=5493&188=5442

Have also spent hours browsing Mandala's seed lines. They offer strains that are high in certain cannabanoids like CBD, THCA, CBG. Although I haven't grown it out I have a strain high in CBD called Dancehall.

Good luck,
UB
Thanks man. Appreciate you.

FECO oil is Full Extract Cannabis oil. I'm in the UK yeah so there's no medical mj here.

Its made by soaking the bud from 6 to 24 hours in medical grade alcohol. So as pure as it gets really.

You end up with a kind of brown sludge left. Which has to have the alcohol slowly cooked off. Under a very low heat while mixed with coconut oil, so you the sludge stays moist & doesn't dry out.

Its super high in cbds etc, but only around 5% thc.

Its potent stuff though. You weigh 25mg into a capsule & one of those does wonders for her pain & mood. 2 she's able to sleep an entire night through.

I've been buying them off a link up until now. They aren't cheap though here in the UK, so I dropped the money on a skyline 800watt led light & 4 autopot system. Grabbed a cutting of a special grandaddy purps x Larry og cross from a friend & decided to try & make my own so my mum doesn't run out ever or even have to spend any money on them at all.

The pain meds she is given from the hospital are just opiates. She won't take them. She is living with cancer on paracetamol and ibuprofen when I can't get these for her.

Time the UK cannabis laws caught up with medical research.

I Care

Good on you bro, pharmeceutical opiates are not very good for us
If there’s any way for you. Don’t know if you know about this, but maybe you could get a Strawberry Kush in the garden. Strawnanna was the best experience ever sleep and overall life relief, was incredibly good smoke and must be a great option for creating tincture capsules. The cultivar I got was high 28%THC and 1% CBD. Overall cannabinoids was like 33 so it’s just full of all things the plant has to offer.

Maybe you can find someone making a trip to holland and they can get some back to the UK for you and your mum. So many countries there with such cheap flights, and a lot of good herbs(not just cannabis) all over the continent. Seriously see if you can find the real Strawnanna or the Strawberry Kush. Truly medicinal stuff if you’re looking for homegrown organic CBD treatment. If you need something for your tribe to help supplement the costs associated with the meds, the Strawnanna would be best.

Oh how much I would personally love to grow that Strawnanna. I had 3.5g which lasted me 2 weeks or more. Anything else may last a week.

#1cheesebuds

Veteran
Your unhealthy leaf issues is why you should never P/K boost. That's another forum myth hefted on to the newbie community by the cannabis specific foods industry who's main goal is to make a buck.

It's leaves that produce bud, not some silly P/K "boost" food. You boosted alright - premature leaf necrosis.

Witness my use of balanced NPK foods from start to finish. It's only natural. ;)

View attachment 18926791

View attachment 18926792

UB
Those are the kind of buds that i wanna get on my plants.🤩

I Care

image.jpg
image.jpg

Says a cap full to 4sqft, that’s 10- 30 gallons depending on assumed depth. Crop got messed up so I won’t be ordering a bag of minors formula like I wanted to.

I Care

That's the big bag someone is referring to as honors edit:minors. That’s the one I thought I would get if I had enough extra bud.

Edit: this is the only osmocote at tractor supply… making the rest of this worthless BS

Looking online there was supposed to be three different kinds at tractor supply. But being its winter, they had all the stuff like this crammed on top of shelves, wherever they could fit it, above snow shovels and crap like that. If it was next to the plus I would have done a comparison at that time.

Soo,Gonna make my tobacco run a few days early. It’s only a few miles from the tractor apply that had this stuff. If the consumer size Plus has micros, I will make the swap.

Last edited:

I Care

No dice, there now, it’s all they’ve got. Won’t be easy peasy complete, but it’s a baby step. I have the various micros I posted various micros to complete the soil.

I Care

Might be.
It’s a squatty choice lst C2 plant to propagate from, sooner or later, then put straight into flower under 100w eBay Vipar Spectre LED. Just expanded leg room. Watered in with GrwBg. Recycled SttwbyFld,OcnFrrst media, possibly set for micros.

To agree with you, II think that it’s all nasty stuff. Even if I started using bird poo, it would still be kinda nasty. :smokeit:

A-test for a couple C3 of the same plant outdoor in the summer. I don’t want chelated run off for every watering. Over water or under water, run off or no run off, it’s the same cost. Time will tell.

Azeotrope

Veteran
Might be.
It’s a squatty choice lst C2 plant to propagate from, sooner or later, then put straight into flower under 100w eBay Vipar Spectre LED. Just expanded leg room. Watered in with GrwBg. Recycled SttwbyFld,OcnFrrst media, possibly set for micros.

To agree with you, II think that it’s all nasty stuff. Even if I started using bird poo, it would still be kinda nasty. :smokeit:

A-test for a couple C3 of the same plant outdoor in the summer. I don’t want chelated run off for every watering. Over water or under water, run off or no run off, it’s the same cost. Time will tell.
The polymers and ammoniacal nitrogen are both big time no no's in my cannabis gardening.

I Care

I just took a peep in your photos.
Your HIDs are sweet, look like 12v?
What’s the scoop on polymers and ammoniacal nitrogen? Cause COPD?

I am pretty picky about what puffage I get, may have had the worst smoke I’ve ever smoked earlier this fall, not sure if it was the utes or the weather to what. It was just plain awful, worse than the CBD weed I bought in Italy. Don’t know if the nutes could even be a good enough explanation bac sue it was so garbage I cant imagine they could have been feeding it. I don’t know if I’ve ever been so smoked out and so understimulated at the same time.

Azeotrope

Veteran
I just took a peep in your photos.
Your HIDs are sweet, look like 12v?
What’s the scoop on polymers and ammoniacal nitrogen? Cause COPD?

I am pretty picky about what puffage I get, may have had the worst smoke I’ve ever smoked earlier this fall, not sure if it was the utes or the weather to what. It was just plain awful, worse than the CBD weed I bought in Italy. Don’t know if the nutes could even be a good enough explanation bac sue it was so garbage I cant imagine they could have been feeding it. I don’t know if I’ve ever been so smoked out and so understimulated at the same time.
Thank you for the positive thoughts on the lights. The ballasts are 120-277v input and the bulbs at the moment are 4 each 150w and 1 each 70w.

With the nitrogen I like to go for very slow release inputs that require biologics to make it available.

Some polymers are naturally produced and can be broken into organic/elemental parts that are not so concerning. However, I am not comfortable with the synthetic versions and petrol industry by-products like these types of fert formulas.

I do not want to sound negative or to discourage you in any way. If that is what you have access to and you are comfortable with it, by all means go for it and I wish great results for you!

Latest posts

Latest posts