What's new
  • As of today ICMag has his own Discord server. In this Discord server you can chat, talk with eachother, listen to music, share stories and pictures...and much more. Join now and let's grow together! Join ICMag Discord here! More details in this thread here: here.
  • ICMag and The Vault are running a NEW contest in October! You can check it here. Prizes are seeds & forum premium access. Come join in!

What strains for breeding a german genetic?

Hi folks,

Ive got a plan for breeding a plant that suits german weather conditions. But breeding isnt any of my strengths. :D
But im motivated as hell.
The plan in detail is. creating a future german landrace. or wild cannabis.
since eu and germany have strong laws for endangered species. so lets craft 1 of those.

this is like a backup plan if they revoke the legalization or anything like that.
i hope its not to hard to follow me.
Do Killer Kush fast from Sweet Seeds ;)

Early Oaxacan from Sativahoarders can be a good option too if the sunshine isn't lacking like this year last year I had a good time with it, I also kept lots of stuff from them males/females to make something faster in the future that has been growing in German environment over multiple generations and not the Spanish weather cause they perform when we have good sun similar but they have that late sun we are lacking but otherwise if it's sunny they are done at the 15th of October usually ...

Last edited:

Drippy Sally

Hi folks,

Ive got a plan for breeding a plant that suits german weather conditions. But breeding isnt any of my strengths. :D
But im motivated as hell.
The plan in detail is. creating a future german landrace. or wild cannabis.
since eu and germany have strong laws for endangered species. so lets craft 1 of those.

this is like a backup plan if they revoke the legalization or anything like that.
i hope its not to hard to follow me.
(I wrote a lot more and deleted it)

I'm gonna hang out to see what you come up with. Good luck and stay high friend!

MROrganicGreenz

Are they regular or feminized? Since its a F1 Hybrid, at least they say so and I guess a decade ago it was, there is no real good dad. How was the phenotipical variance in your seeds?

At first I would try to stable the promising traits. Make an S1, try to go for a few generations and select for your traits you like. Then go for a stable male, which has the traits you like (earliness, terps, resin, color, etc.) Make cuts, Pollinate and e voila: you have a nice seedline, which u can select and bx as u please.

Oooooor you take a father, which is not sooooo close to the Happiness parents, select for your desired traits, pollinate and go for a highly variable offspring and select keepers for cloning

Gunter

Photoperiod can give good results up North just aswell. It kinda depends on the season; some summers can be extemely wet (most auto's rot away before your eyes), while you can have a good sunny autumn with photoperiod strains finishing very well into november at lat 53.

I think good resistance against humidity/mold, cold/hot temperature swings and relative light sensitivity is more important.
We had such a bad summer at 49N or all over germany that the autos just molded as well. Warm enough I guess but 80,90% RLF and lots of rain. It rained for a year straight.

The September time window may have been dryer this year than July August. Pretty sure a traditional northern outdoor strain would have outperformed all these bad autos with colorful names.

On the other hand some other year you could have drought and 35C in summer when these things flower and that could also be detrimental.

I am not sold on autos are the only things that make sense in that climate. Semi-auto, or early triggering might be better choices. You can get 2months of veg in with these as opposed to some shitty genetics acting up and then going into flower when they are too small etc.
I have seen so much shit outdoor growing with these.

Latest posts

Latest posts