What's new
  • ICMag and The Vault are running a NEW contest! You can check it here. Prizes are seeds & forum premium access. Come join in!

What music are you listening to?

Wolverine97

Veteran

Now, if you really listen here... you can hear that while they're playing Ramble On cover, Billy is actually playing the solo from Blue Sky (Allman Bro's). This is the kind of shit I love about Billy Strings. He mashes all kinds of shit together, and it all just works somehow. Incredible talent, and the very best live shows I have seen.

Just be sure to pick your face up off the floor when it's over. Faces melted everywhere. Two more weeks, and I get a whole weekend of live Billy Strings! Can't wait.

HalfPipe97

Now, if you really listen here... you can hear that while they're playing Ramble On cover, Billy is actually playing the solo from Blue Sky (Allman Bro's). This is the kind of shit I love about Billy Strings. He mashes all kinds of shit together, and it all just works somehow. Incredible talent, and the very best live shows I have seen.

Just be sure to pick your face up off the floor when it's over. Faces melted everywhere. Two more weeks, and I get a whole weekend of live Billy Strings! Can't wait.

Really amazing, thx for sharing! :biggrin:

Wolverine97

Veteran
If you like that, check out his "Live Vol 1" album. It's on youtube...

Oh, and that video above is from their Halloween show, Away From the Shire (he has a hit song called Away From the Mire) a couple years back, it was Lord of the Rings themed. That's why they're dressed like that. And all of their Halloween shows get a theme like that, everyone dresses up, and the set list is chosen based on the theme.

HalfPipe97

If you're really stoned, or on a psychedelic... this one really fucking jams (but it may require some patience to get to the jam section). This was from my first live BMFS show, I was instantly hooked after this one. What a vibe.

Maybe it's just me, but even totally sober (about a month or so away from harvest) this fucking jams :)

Wolverine97

Veteran
Maybe it's just me, but even totally sober (about a month or so away from harvest) this fucking jams :)
Best current live show you can see, IMO. I highly recommend catching them if possible. The vibes are immaculate. I've never felt such positive energy from the crowd, and it's like that every show they do.

Wolverine97

Veteran
This is the song, and video that made him blow up. I'm thoroughly sick of this song, but that boy can play! I do not condone hard drug use... just weed and psych's for me.