What's new

What music are you listening to?

CaptainLucky

Regarding live concerts. I know there a lot of haters but KISS kicked ass every time I saw them. Those guys are 70 years old+ and wearing a bunch of gear. When I saw them for the End of the Road tour I could feel the pyrotechnics like a punch to the face of hot air so I know they were getting cooked on that stage and they played for two hours. It was like the fourth of July inside the Arena. I thought they might burn the place down. Plus they came down on platforms from the top of the Moda Center and had to get off those things in those clunky boots while playing.

They opened the concert with a bang and ended it with a bang. Paul Stanley busted a guitar on stage at the end. I know it's gimmicky but when you're there live having a great time you don't care. Gene Simons spit blood and the whole thing. They were using backtracks for sure but the only people that cared were the internet music critics. The fans didn't give a damn. It was an awesome show. The guys sitting behind me were three generations from the same family and they were making a ton of noise just like everyone else. I couldn't hear for a week.

I remember watching an interview with Gene Simmons and he talked about how their success came from giving the audience a great show. He understood early on that without the fans they'd be nothing. Judas Priest and Iron Maiden are the same way. They bring the show.

Some arrogant bands like Metallica have good music but they treat the fans like crap. I walked out halfway through the last time they came to town. They made us wait almost two hours before going on stage and then they sounded like crap as if they'd been drinking for those two hours they kept the fans waiting. I wasn't the only one leaving as there was a steady stream of disappointed people leaving early.

Kiss was the first band that felt like they were mine. My older sister had Zeppelin and I love Zep. But Kiss was for my generation. Sitting in a buddy’s car listening to them on 8 track smoking weed and going nowhere cause he didn’t have a license or gas ⛽️. lol CL🍀

xtsho

Sweet. I just looked and Maiden is on Oct. 19th and Judas is on Oct. 20th. Tempting. We leave for Cancun on Nov. 2nd so I don't know if I could talk her into both. Maybe one though. I've been a rocker since birth too. I have the original Kill 'Em All and Garage Days on CD but no cool stuff like vinyl.

Damn, one right after another. They're playing the same cities around the same time. Too bad they didn't just tour together. That would be an epic concert and they could join each other on-stage for a massive metal frenzy.

CaptainLucky

Damn, one right after another. They're playing the same cities around the same time. Too bad they didn't just tour together. That would be an epic concert and they could join each other on-stage for a massive metal frenzy.
I saw JP the last time they played Chicago. They played with Uriah Heep who sounded like shit. They still put on a good show. CL🍀

xtsho

I saw JP the last time they played Chicago. They played with Uriah Heep who sounded like shit. They still put on a good show. CL🍀

I saw them that year with Uriah Heep. Heep had I think two halfway decent songs but the rest were blah... and did sound like shit. I never really liked them years ago.