What's new

What music are you listening to?

xtsho

Time to go back to the beginning before Bruce Dickinson was the lead singer. I was in High school. We'd skip class and hang out at one of several houses where the parents were not home during the day and smoke weed, eat mushrooms and listen to Priest and Maiden. At that time us heavy metal fans were a small minority. We were the ones that didn't conform and were listening to Metal and punk bands like Generation X and the Germs.

Absorber

I had an Import album Aces High. CL🍀
That's Eddy from Aces High album 3d printed ,he's part of the front half of a 6ft wingspan spitfire that bolts to the wall looking like it's smashed through the wall .
It will have smoke and LEDs flickering out exhaust pipes and sound effects all motion activated.
I need to finish it ,procrastinating on the coding part

CaptainLucky

I had that album 💿 too but it’s funny cause back then my best friend was a huge Dio fan and I was totally into Maiden. I think every Metal show in the 80s we were there. I saw Metallica open for Ozzy when Cliff Burton was still alive. I saw Randy Rhodes playing with Ozzy before that. CL🍀

That's Eddy from Aces High album 3d printed ,he's part of the front half of a 6ft wingspan spitfire that bolts to the wall looking like it's smashed through the wall .
It will have smoke and LEDs flickering out exhaust pipes and sound effects all motion activated.
I need to finish it ,procrastinating on the coding part
That’s the album that I had, I almost bought another Import album from them 2 Minutes to Midnight but I was young and didn’t have the cash. The next time I was going to buy it but it was gone. CL🍀

Absorber

My favourite shirt.
It's the prototype for the dragonfly brand shirts that were made for a short time
20240624_102733.jpg

xtsho

I had that album 💿 too but it’s funny cause back then my best friend was a huge Dio fan and I was totally into Maiden. I think every Metal show in the 80s we were there. I saw Metallica open for Ozzy when Cliff Burton was still alive. I saw Randy Rhodes playing with Ozzy before that. CL🍀

I went to every metal show I could back in the day and over the years. I still go to Priest and Maiden whenever they come to town. This will likely be Maidens last world tour though. They're getting too old for the grueling schedule. I think Maiden is heavily using backtracks for some of the parts these days. There is a clip where Steve Harris falls on stage and the bass keeps playing even you can see he's not playing.

I don't care though. It's still a great show and atmosphere. Kiss was using backtracks when I saw them for their End of the Road tour in 2019. It didn't matter. The show was awesome, I had a great time, and that's all that matters.

The bass keeps playing.

PadawanWarrior

I'll be seeing Maiden live on October 14th just 4 days after the Judas Priest concert on October 10th.

I still have an original 1982 vinyl release of Number of the Beast. I screwed up the cover back in the day though and stuck a sticker on it. I think I got the sticker in 1987 at their Somewhere on Tour concert. It's got 2-11-87 on the sticker which was the date of the concert. I don' remember. It might not even be authentic. Back then there were people selling all kinds of stuff. It sure looks like it could be Bruce Dickinson's scribbled signature though. Maybe I'll post and image and ask on their facebook page and see if they respond.

I do remember buying the album though when it came out so that's 100% authentic. I've been a head banger from the beginning. I have a box full of old albums from the late 1970's into the 80's. Then cassettes and CD's took over and vinyl faded away. I need to get a turntable and go retro.

View attachment 19022125
View attachment 19022127
View attachment 19022128

Sweet. I just looked and Maiden is on Oct. 19th and Judas is on Oct. 20th. Tempting. We leave for Cancun on Nov. 2nd so I don't know if I could talk her into both. Maybe one though. I've been a rocker since birth too. I have the original Kill 'Em All and Garage Days on CD but no cool stuff like vinyl.

mudballs

Time to go back to the beginning before Bruce Dickinson was the lead singer. I was in High school. We'd skip class and hang out at one of several houses where the parents were not home during the day and smoke weed, eat mushrooms and listen to Priest and Maiden. At that time us heavy metal fans were a small minority. We were the ones that didn't conform and were listening to Metal and punk bands like Generation X and the Germs.

..fkn delinquent you

CaptainLucky

I went to every metal show I could back in the day and over the years. I still go to Priest and Maiden whenever they come to town. This will likely be Maidens last world tour though. They're getting too old for the grueling schedule. I think Maiden is heavily using backtracks for some of the parts these days. There is a clip where Steve Harris falls on stage and the bass keeps playing even you can see he's not playing.

I don't care though. It's still a great show and atmosphere. Kiss was using backtracks when I saw them for their End of the Road tour in 2019. It didn't matter. The show was awesome, I had a great time, and that's all that matters.

The bass keeps playing.

I don’t care either as long as they keep on touring. Nobody mentioned that live album when they sold out for like a week in L.A. I forget the name but I owned it. CL🍀

xtsho

Regarding live concerts. I know there a lot of haters but KISS kicked ass every time I saw them. Those guys are 70 years old+ and wearing a bunch of gear. When I saw them for the End of the Road tour I could feel the pyrotechnics like a punch to the face of hot air so I know they were getting cooked on that stage and they played for two hours. It was like the fourth of July inside the Arena. I thought they might burn the place down. Plus they came down on platforms from the top of the Moda Center and had to get off those things in those clunky boots while playing.

They opened the concert with a bang and ended it with a bang. Paul Stanley busted a guitar on stage at the end. I know it's gimmicky but when you're there live having a great time you don't care. Gene Simons spit blood and the whole thing. They were using backtracks for sure but the only people that cared were the internet music critics. The fans didn't give a damn. It was an awesome show. The guys sitting behind me were three generations from the same family and they were making a ton of noise just like everyone else. I couldn't hear for a week.

I remember watching an interview with Gene Simmons and he talked about how their success came from giving the audience a great show. He understood early on that without the fans they'd be nothing. Judas Priest and Iron Maiden are the same way. They bring the show.

Some arrogant bands like Metallica have good music but they treat the fans like crap. I walked out halfway through the last time they came to town. They made us wait almost two hours before going on stage and then they sounded like crap as if they'd been drinking for those two hours they kept the fans waiting. I wasn't the only one leaving as there was a steady stream of disappointed people leaving early.

Last edited: