What's new

What music are you listening to?

moose eater

I didn't know bruce had that side to him
He's pretty much played every style or genre of music I know of. Maybe not flamenco. But let me think on that a bit. Rock-Jazz fusion, French folk, folk, relatively hard old school rock-n-roll, political tunes, nature tunes, etc.

We have seen him numerous times in both Washington State and Alaska. He also played smaller venues in the Yukon Territory such as the Farago Folk Festival in Faro Yukon Territory in the later 1970s, Dawson City Music Festival (which I recall as a part of the Solstice party at one time). Haven't attended Summer Solstice on the Dome in Dawson City Yukon Territory since 1979, when we ate peyote buttons, I had my Norwegian elkhound with me and a group of US Forest Circus employees and I had hiked the Chilkoot Trail over the Chilkoot Pass for the closing celebration of the Hippie School, bringing with us some hashish and a 1/4-lb. of Colombian in the dog food bag, detouring in the interim up to the Dome in Dawson City for the music and related party.

A refrigerated 1-ton van from the Eastern Maritimes had their refer unit break, and they were loaded with Canadian East Coast lobster tails they'd been selling to fund their trip.

They came around from group to group on the Dome that night, as there were many smaller groups playing music, and they offered lobster tails. I told them I couldn't eat any due to the cactus rumbling in my belly, but that my dog would take one... and she received one.

A very cool night into the Sun's promise that day, other than for having to grab the feet of a sleeping bag that contained a guy who'd crawled into my tent next to the woman's sleeping bag I was traveling with. He was a friend of a Forest Circus compadre' from Georgia, but the infraction earned him getting tossed out of my tent onto the ground. I don't think he even fully woke up. Trespassers. :)

Latest posts

Latest posts