What's new
  • ICMag and The Vault are running a NEW contest in October! You can check it here. Prizes are seeds & forum premium access. Come join in!

What music are you listening to?

HarleyJammer

Veteran
@CaptainLucky .. I'm missing my like button :)

I think D. Mann really captured the essence and spirit.. A buddy had a 3 foot x 6 foot print of 2 brothers rolling on I-90 West into Cleveland hanging in his garage. He wouldn't sell it for the world.

DAC used to hang his hat down in Akron. I do think there was an OMC clubhouse there. He went to FL which is OMC country. It might make sense he holds a patch.

OMC had a clubhouse in Cleveland in the 50's. My Pops was a teenager working at gas station. The brothers used to hang out and meet their hoochies behind the station for fun. They tried to get Pop's noodle wet with their 2nd's.. haha.. Pop would throw 'em a couple nickel's of gas if they needed it. So one night he was working alone when 4 POS punks had Pops up against the wall with a knife up to his neck. OMC rolls in and the punks split.

Last edited:

moose eater

Marty Balin at his finest, he's the forgotten member of JA.
I don't know what their context or imagery was during the writing, but it was one of the most contemplative and sorrowful tunes they ever wrote and performed.

Add the matter of the draft at that time, the decisions some were caused to make about so many things, and the lyrics bring that intensity of potential loss or separation and more to life.

A time of transiency by thumb, living on the run, or away from family and loved ones, wars in places far away, broken hearts, and more.

Just my opinion.

moose eater

'Veedon Fleece' was one of the best (and lesser known) Van Morrison albums I know of. Used to listen to this as a cheap 'cut-out' album on a turn table at my old cabin on the Tanana River 40 years ago. Some of the only limited array of music I could tolerate when I was way too wired on coke back then.

Give it a listen, and maybe you can hear why. Calmness and contemplation embodied.

Whole Lp.

moose eater

Have this as a cut-out from back then as well. Bought it at the same head shop where I acquired Van Morrison's 'Veedon Fleece'.

Whole Lp.

Latest posts

Latest posts