What's new
  • ICMag and The Vault are running a NEW contest in October! You can check it here. Prizes are seeds & forum premium access. Come join in!

What music are you listening to?

CaptainLucky

Saw him live numerous times in at least 2 states, including several times in Alaska.

Milked goats and slopped hogs, etc. on an off-grid homestead farm in the Upper Peninsula of Michigan in '76/'77 while listening to him on a Pioneer Super Tuner on a 1950 Ford 8N tractor, or another Super Tuner wired to 12-volt batteries in the barn, and another in the cabin. He was a real kind and endearing person to strangers in all sorts of settings.

His COVID death was one of chivalry; his wife became ill first, and despite risks, he went home with her to take care of her, with little or no protection between them. Then he became ill, and shortly thereafter died. Up until then, COVID seriously concerned my wife and I, and still does, despite changes in many folks' attitudes. But after JP died, I hated COVID for taking someone so precious from us.
I never had the chance to see him live but being from Chicago everyone knows him and Steve Goodman. CL🍀

CaptainLucky

Never heard of it.

The Hippie School in the Yukon Territory of Canada, in 1978 (?) scored a deal in town on nearly 500 lbs. of tomatoes, and people were making blanched frozen 'maters, ketchup (tomato sauce, for you Ozzies), and other methods of preserving them, and I ended up making some tomato wine. Had no idea until then that there was such a thing. I hold it in esteem only marginally higher than banana wine, which thoughts of the concept of can cause me to not feel very hungry or thirsty anymore. :)
It’s made from wild grapes that are called Muscadine and the wine is a disgusting shade of brown. They grow in the South during the summer. CL🍀

CaptainLucky

Saw him live numerous times in at least 2 states, including several times in Alaska.

Milked goats and slopped hogs, etc. on an off-grid homestead farm in the Upper Peninsula of Michigan in '76/'77 while listening to him on a Pioneer Super Tuner on a 1950 Ford 8N tractor, or another Super Tuner wired to 12-volt batteries in the barn, and another in the cabin. He was a real kind and endearing person to strangers in all sorts of settings.

His COVID death was one of chivalry; his wife became ill first, and despite risks, he went home with her to take care of her, with little or no protection between them. Then he became ill, and shortly thereafter died. Up until then, COVID seriously concerned my wife and I, and still does, despite changes in many folks' attitudes. But after JP died, I hated COVID for taking someone so precious from us.
His catalog of music 🎼 is so much unbelievable great work that he should’ve been a bigger star 🌟 than he was. CL🍀

pipeline

Cannabotanist
ICMag Donor
Veteran
full

moose eater

JP was a humanist who wrote lyrics and sang with a twinkle in his eyes, that said that he could grab a perspective or angle of view on life's curve balls in a way that could take circumstances and present them in such a way that a person could find a reason to smile, almost regardless of the moment... or maybe consider an angle of view that aided in finding a reason to cry for another or for one's own predicament that a person hadn't considered before.... and then smiling again about the same circumstance a moment later.

He welcomed strangers back-stage and though I might not know enough to say this, seemed like there was never a moment he rejected people reaching out to him, and him reaching out to them.

I mean, how many bad mail-carriers have you met? :)