What's new
  • ICMag and The Vault are running a NEW contest in October! You can check it here. Prizes are seeds & forum premium access. Come join in!

What music are you listening to?

pipeline

Cannabotanist
ICMag Donor
Veteran
full

CaptainLucky

The raspberry wine must isn't bad at -ALL-, but the finished choke cherry wine is incredible. Truly.

Even if choke cherry branches and berries kill moose (especially calves, and especially after the first frost that concentrates the toxins), we've decidedly kept our choke cherry trees JUST for the wine being -so- good. INCREDIBLE stuff!!

And the SLH is pretty darned effective, especially if I've been switching regularly between that, the (Bodhi's) Soul Mate, the (Sensi Seeds 1997) California Indica (actually a fair bit of sativa in its history), and the (Bodhi's) Space Cake.

Ever have Scupernong wine? Taste pretty bad but it’ll mess you up. CL🍀

moose eater

Ever have Scupernong wine? Taste pretty bad but it’ll mess you up. CL🍀
Never heard of it.

The Hippie School in the Yukon Territory of Canada, in 1978 (?) scored a deal in town on nearly 500 lbs. of tomatoes, and people were making blanched frozen 'maters, ketchup (tomato sauce, for you Ozzies), and other methods of preserving them, and I ended up making some tomato wine. Had no idea until then that there was such a thing. I hold it in esteem only marginally higher than banana wine, which thoughts of the concept of can cause me to not feel very hungry or thirsty anymore. :)

moose eater

JP was the man! R.I.P. CL🍀
Saw him live numerous times in at least 2 states, including several times in Alaska.

Milked goats and slopped hogs, etc. on an off-grid homestead farm in the Upper Peninsula of Michigan in '76/'77 while listening to him on a Pioneer Super Tuner on a 1950 Ford 8N tractor, or another Super Tuner wired to 12-volt batteries in the barn, and another in the cabin. He was a real kind and endearing person to strangers in all sorts of settings.

His COVID death was one of chivalry; his wife became ill first, and despite risks, he went home with her to take care of her, with little or no protection between them. Then he became ill, and shortly thereafter died. Up until then, COVID seriously concerned my wife and I, and still does, despite changes in many folks' attitudes. But after JP died, I hated COVID for taking someone so precious from us.

Last edited:

jokerman

Premium user
Saw him live numerous times in at least 2 states, including several times in Alaska.

Milked goats and slopped hogs, etc. on an off-grid homestead farm in the Upper Peninsula of Michigan in '76/'77 while listening to him on a Pioneer Super Tuner on a 1958 Ford 8N tractor, or another Super Tuner wired to 12-volt batteries in the barn, and another in the cabin. He was a real kind and endearing person to stranger in all sorts of settings.

His COVID death was one of chivalry; his wife became ill first, and despite risks, he went home with her to take care of her, with little or no protection between them. Then he became ill, and shortly thereafter died. Up until then, COVID seriously concerned my wife and I, and still does, despite changes in many folks' attitudes. But after JP died, I hated COVID for taking someone so precious from us.
Wow ,Thank you for that.

moose eater

The US military made John Prine 'Veteran of the Day' in 2020, which I didn't know until just now. But considering his attitude toward that and other wars, government, etc., it's a bit more than humorous.

https://news.va.gov/73917/veteranoftheday-army-veteran-john-prine/

On a path of self-destruction in '87/'88, he indirectly, and unknown to him entirely, helped to rescue me, during a show at the Panida Theater in Sand Point, Idaho, with the personal turning point being his launching into a rendition of 'Angel from Montgomery.' Long story, I'll not bore you with. Catharsis occurred... a bonus to the cost of admission.

Last edited:

Latest posts

Latest posts