What's new
  • ICMag and The Vault are running a NEW contest! You can check it here. Prizes are seeds & forum premium access. Come join in!

What music are you listening to?

whiteberrieS

WWJDFAKB
Veteran
You or the wife? I might make it rhyme, in due time, but I don't joke around cattle pokes. Plus I'm half dead myself, I don't want a scan

moose eater

Alaska's own infamous Lulu Small, playing at the equally if not more infamous Talkeetna Bluegrass Festival that ran for who-knows-how-many years, and hosted some wild times.

Lulu once played with a band called The Bag Ladies, which included former member of Pat Fitzgerald's PF and the Flyers (10th Planet records Studio co-owner), with Frannie Pru/Prugh on bass and saxophone, if memory serves me. (I'm certain of the sax part).

The Talkeetna Bluegrass Festival hadn't been held in Talkeetna proper since about 1980 (I was there, munching on peyote). It always had some degree of State Trooper observation happening.

It then transitioned to the Bluffs on the Susitna River near Susitna Landing, then some years later to Dirty Ernie's place north of Talkeetna Junction, then finally the Mat-Su Borough put such pressure on Ernie that, between LEO pressures and the Borough requiring a stout bond for the event, it was no more.

All good things come to an end, but Lulu is practically a landmark unto herself in Alaska for anyone that's been around for a long time here. She's been rocking and rolling and sharing her eccentric humor for a long time. Saying she's a character is a massive understatement.

moose eater

This is Lulu being goofy with a tune about acid and other topics, then onto other covers and tunes, with some of her own lyrics thrown in, on the State Ferry, MV Taku in SE Alaska, in the bar. She's a trip...

whiteberrieS

WWJDFAKB
Veteran
This is Lulu being goofy with a tune about acid and other topics, then onto other covers and tunes, with some of her own lyrics thrown in on the State Ferry MV Taku in SE Alaska, in the bar. She's a trip...

I'll talk her through it. Love me big old confident bitches. They're my go-to

mudballs

Explosiv and or Meat. Cash me out but call these guys bitch face first
3. Multiple Personalities: We do not advocate the use of multiple member names for just one user. Should you do so, you may never use more than one personality in a single thread
They decide who is the bitch in this scenario

whiteberrieS

WWJDFAKB
Veteran
3. Multiple Personalities: We do not advocate the use of multiple member names for just one user. Should you do so, you may never use more than one personality in a single thread
They decide who is the bitch in this scenario
But for sure I see your cards

Latest posts

Latest posts