What's new
  • ICMag and The Vault are running a NEW contest! You can check it here. Prizes are seeds & forum premium access. Come join in!

What music are you listening to?

moose eater

At the Lowell Showboat in Ada/Cascade/Lowell, Michigan, about 1975, standing against the stage up front in an off-and-on drizzle, with an outdoor show of what was supposed to be REO Speedwagon and Blue Oyster Cult as the headliners, (BOC cancelled due to the wetness and concerns over electrical safety on-stage, which ultimately sparked a riot, during which the mob ransacked the local police station, as though they were somehow responsible for the weather), where folks were openly shouting out their illicit wares from the bleachers, whether various pills, grass, or whatever, Mike Murphy took a break while Gary Richrath was working on a solo, and I, as a youngster dope dealer, passed Mike Murphy what was my LAST joint of really nice Colombian Gold..... and, with towel wrapped around the back of his neck... he walked away with it... Never passing it back!!!!!!!!! BOGART!!!

But we had a good time, and I got that story...

gaslit_kush_co

There's always someone above I just wanna know where our souls go when we leave this mortal coil - on here were human mortals
What happens next?

moose eater

At the Lowell Showboat in Ada/Cascade/Lowell, Michigan, about 1975, standing against the stage up front in an off-and-on drizzle, with an outdoor show of what was supposed to be REO Speedwagon and Blue Oyster Cult as the headliners, (BOC cancelled due to the wetness and concerns over electrical safety on-stage, which ultimately sparked a riot, during which the mob ransacked the local police station, as though they were somehow responsible for the weather), where folks were openly shouting out their illicit wares from the bleachers, whether various pills, grass, or whatever, Mike Murphy took a break while Gary Richrath was working on a solo, and I, as a youngster dope dealer, passed Mike Murphy what was my LAST joint of really nice Colombian Gold..... and, with towel wrapped around the back of his neck... he walked away with it... Never passing it back!!!!!!!!! BOGART!!!

But we had a good time, and I got that story...

Pre-REO taking the stage that day, there was a drop-dead gorgeous hippie chick in a slinky halter top, sitting on a guy's shoulders, slowly whisping her hands and arms around in the air in quasi-psychedelic melodic patterns and rocking on his shoulders, while a recording of Joe Walsh 'Rocky Mountain Way' and 'Turn to Stone' played over the PA as filler music...

I watched.... and fell in love right there... GOD(!!!) but she was gorgeous, and sexy and rhythmic as the day was long and wet. Or maybe it was the drugs??

Last edited: