What's new
  • ICMag and The Vault are running a NEW contest! You can check it here. Prizes are seeds & forum premium access. Come join in!

What music are you listening to?

pop_rocks

In my empire of dirt
Premium user
420club
I can understand that. I'm a suburban hermit, living in the hills and trees.

Trouble is that we're hard-wired for social contact with our own species or something that can replace that, and more often than not, the greatest source of our disappointments or heartaches are often those closest to us.

.. or those we wish were closer to us.

Listening to this, I'm pretty sure it's from the Hard Rain Lp with Mick Ronson on lead guitar.

as i get older my circle shrinks but the quality goes up so i come out ahead

moose eater

as i get older my circle shrinks but the quality goes up so i come out ahead

I found that once I excluded everyone who crossed my expectations of reasonable and honorable humanity, it was a pretty small room with no one sitting in it for long. Part of our imperfection's end result when our scope's too narrow... How to separate the wheat from the chaff and not end up totally alone?

Yet as a matter of course and getting to know the inner self in honesty, Mao, some monks, and many others advised sitting by oneself in a cave for a time, to listen to the thoughts.

Sometimes hard to do... for most people. That whole avoidance of too intense of a view of the self, and the hard wiring to seek others.

Almost every real bush hermit I ever knew would talk about why they avoid or hate people, then when they got company, like me, they couldn't stop talking. Conflict in needs and perceptions. Incongruent wants, desires and statements about the self.

Steve Goodman and John Prine wrote this in a hotel room, inebriated, with John Prine jumping up and down on the bed, laughing. David Allen Coe recorded it.

whiteberrieS

WWJDFAKB
Veteran
I found that once I excluded everyone who crossed my expectations of reasonable and honorable humanity, it was a pretty small room with no one sitting in it for long. Part of our imperfection's end result when our scope's too narrow... How to separate the wheat from the chaff and not end up totally alone?

Yet as a matter of course and getting to know the inner self in honesty, Mao, some monks, and many others advised sitting by oneself in a cave for a time, to listen to the thoughts.

Sometimes hard to do... for most people. That whole avoidance of too intense of a view of the self, and the hard wiring to seek others.

Almost every real bush hermit I ever knew would talk about why they avoid or hate people, then when they got company, like me, they couldn't stop talking. Conflict in needs and perceptions.

Steve Goodman and John Prine wrote this in a hotel room, inebriated, with John Prine jumping up and down on the bed and laughing. David Allen Coe recorded it.

Are you Steve?