What's new
  • ICMag and The Vault are running a NEW contest! You can check it here. Prizes are seeds & forum premium access. Come join in!

What music are you listening to?

moose eater

@moose eater I did over a decade working in a Michigan county hospital that held the morgue as well at that time. I have seen them come in both the front and back doors by all different attempted means sadly.
What part of Michigan?

My father would've been processed in the Upper Peninsula, February 1968, OD'ed, and froze to death at a semi-remote cabin on the shores of Lake Superior, near South Range, Michigan. (South Range being where he's buried).

The long-winded and detailed nature of my posts is not unique in my family. He left a long 13-page suicide note.

Like I said, I never lost a client, but 4 for 4 of my family-of-origin members are on paper as having died by their own hand, though my mother's death in November '93 was changed from 'suicide' to 'undetermined' as per cause of death, due to my now-deceased younger brother being panicked about a determination of suicide potentially interfering in being able to get the $5,000 life policy pay-out in Arizona (in Alaska, as long as the policy is older than 2 years, it pays even in the event of suicide), and my younger brother, who died the next year on our deceased mother's birthday, I strongly suspect was shot in the head by his roommate.

There's some very dark irony in that history; helping those you don't know, but having those you came from all die in such manner.

whiteberrieS

WWJDFAKB
Veteran
What part of Michigan?

My father would've been processed in the Upper Peninsula, February 1968, OD'ed, and froze to death at a semi-remote cabin on the shores of Lake Superior, near South Range, Michigan.

The long-winded and detailed nature of my posts is not unique in my family. He left a long 13-page suicide note.

Like I said, I never lost a client, but 4 for 4 of my family-of-origin members are on paper as having died by their own hand, though my mother's death in November '93 was changed from 'suicide' to 'undetermined' as per cause of death, due to my now-deceased younger brother being panicked about a determination of suicide potentially interfering in being able to get the life policy pay-out in Arizona (in Alaska, as long as the policy is older than 2 years, it pays even in the event of suicide), and my younger brother, who died the next year on our deceased mother's birthday, I strongly suspect was shot in the head by his roommate.

There's some very dark irony in that history; helping those you don't know, but having those you came from all die in such manner.
Your paragraphs are way too big for people that drink and smoke too much

CharlesU Farley

Come on, mud, I have strongly suspected that there's a very sensitive and wounded fellow behind your keyboard, and I suspect that if it spilled out in type, the readers might be truly touched.

No, that wasn't sarcasm in the least. You seem to guard that part of yourself pretty closely, and that tells me there's a bigger gold nugget in there than the average person holds.
You sir, are very intuitive man.;)

CharlesU Farley

Cleanup. If nobodys gonna miss you, spray you fucking brain out. But this ain't TV, your family has to clean that mess up. Just don't do it at home I guess
A post from the Journal section of my website:

"Working 2nd shift on New Year's Eve when a self-inflicted GSW to the head rolls in to the ER. Tiny hole on right side, brains exuding from the left. Even though it's hopeless, you have to go through the motions. I bag this guy (manually ventilate him with an AMBU) so we don't have to put an ET tube in and commit to putting him on a ventilator. I do this for almost an hour before he finally gives up the ghost. I go home to shower and change before going to a New Year's Eve party when I notice I've got chunks of his brain on my Earth shoes.

I didn't make it to the New Year's Eve party."

It ain't just the family that has to deal with the brains. :(