What's new
  • ICMag and The Vault are running a NEW contest! You can check it here. Prizes are seeds & forum premium access. Come join in!

What music are you listening to?

moose eater

What does a first nations fellow, uh, mean exactly? For those of us forgot to read books
Canadian or other North American Native.

Can't recall where that guy was from, exactly, but there were folks from all over the place. Semi-urban folks from Burnaby, BC, others from the local Atlin aera, like my crew leader, Doug L., Smithers, B.C., and many places.

Chopper pilots and their birds were from several places. Buffalo Airways out of Watson Lake with the French-made Gazelle, others from other Yukon Territory spots, I believe, and a couple real characters, 'Nam vets, flying the 205 out of Anchorage, Alaska who'd do some of us favors, like a bottle of alcohol from the Village of Atlin, or maybe some smoke if you knew them well enough.

The 2 pilots out of Anchorage with the 205 accidentally dropped a 500 or 1,000-gallon retardant bucket one day, full up, when they accidentally hit the release rather than pulling the plug on the bucket to drain it. No one underneath it, but a spectacle to witness. And yes, I did see that one.

Another fellow was hovering in a Hughes 500 D-model and lost a rotor on hover about 40-feet off the ground.

Again, good times. And most of the day you were either hiking to a new hot spot, or eating, or digging lines with a Polaski (yuck), more or less to no avail or benefit. I used to tell folks it was the best paid hiking job I ever had.

Last edited:

whiteberrieS

WWJDFAKB
Veteran
I'm not southern but my Grandpappy was 🤘🤘🤘🔱 can I get a hell yeah?
Canadian or other North American Native.

Can't recall where that guy was from, exactly, but there were folks from all over the place. Semi-urban folks from Burnaby, BC, others from the local Atlin aera, like my crew leader, Doug L., Smithers, B.C., and many places.

Chopper pilots and their birds were from several places. Buffalo Airways out of Watson Lake with the French-made Gazelle, others from other Yukon Territory spots, I believe, and a couple real characters, 'Nam vets, flying the 205 out of Anchorage Alaska who'd do some of us favors, like a bottle of alcohol from the village of Atlin, or maybe some smoke if you knew them well enough.

The 2 pilots out of Anchorage with the 205 accidentally dropped a 1,000-gallon retardant bucket one day, full up, when they accidentally hit the release rather than pulling the plug on the bucket to drain it. No one underneath it, but a spectacle to witness. and yes, I did see that one.

Another fellow was hovering in a Hughes 500 D-model and lost a rotor on hover about 40-feet off the ground.

Again, good times. And most of the day you were either hiking to a new hot spot, or eating, or digging lines with a Polaski (yuck), more or less to no avail or benefit. I used to tell folks it was the best paid hiking job I ever had.
Grandma's was 90-100% native, she she tried to escape the orphanage but they kept catching her

whiteberrieS

WWJDFAKB
Veteran
IMG_20240813_222437827.jpg
IMG_20240813_222437827.jpg

You gotta get the heartburn before you cool it down

whiteberrieS

WWJDFAKB
Veteran
I'll scar you for life if you don't get me banned. I got the ADHD and some COPD with schizoaffective disorder GIMME A FUXKING CIGARETTE