What's new
  • ICMag and The Vault are running a NEW contest! You can check it here. Prizes are seeds & forum premium access. Come join in!

What music are you listening to?

moose eater

Any Drum and Bass heads in here?

I played a bit of both. Still have my long neglected handmade bass guitar (copy of a Fender Jazzman) from NW Pennsylvania, circa maybe 1973, which needs a neck alignment and some better pick-ups, much like I do.

Sold my set of blue metal flake Pearl drums with the over-sized bass drum when I hit the road again at age 15.

Couldn't take the piano or the Fender Vibrolux Twin Reverb amp on the road, either, but managed to fit a Hohner harmonica (Golden Melody) in the key of G into my pack.

The harmonica tickled my Norwegian elkhound's ears, so whereas she'd drag a 70-lb. pack on a choke collar to get TO a cop that was ID checking us, she'd drag the same 70-lb. pack to get away from my harmonica playing.

That, and the dryer fan/air pressure vent in a semi-truck that builds up pressure, then releases an audible 'Whoosh!!" would send her through the ceiling of the cab, so it made for a lot of riding while restraining her in a basket-hold when in diesel semi-trucks.

Last edited:

moose eater

Maybe a little Coors bar sign for decoration
We try to make sure the rednecks and other zealots stay away from our cabin. Paisleys integrated into tie-dye curtains usually helps. That, and bellowing hash smoke.

Edit: And audible intense giggling from within is the final punctuation on such folks knowing they ought to stay the fuck away, too.

Last edited:

moose eater

enjoy what you do and you'll never work a day in your life
Unless you like cooking and then go into commercial kitchen employment. There's always a certain percentage of the public that'll bitch no matter what, sometimes about the most asinine or miniscule stuff, and the more that permeates the once-more-private hobbies, the more you might find yourself resenting the activities.

mudballs

Unless you like cooking and then go into commercial kitchen employment. There's always a certain percentage of the public that'll bitch no matter what, sometimes about the most asinine stuff, and the more that permeates the once-more-private hobbies, the more you might find yourself resenting the activities.
What, no, i was commenting on the musicians in the vid smiling and the chic cranking till she's horse. But yeah, careful what you wish for is an immutable law in this world

moose eater

What, no, i was commenting on the musicians in the vid smiling and the chic cranking till she's horse. But yeah, careful what you wish for is an immutable law in this world
Of all of the musicians I've seen live who enjoyed what they were doing at least as much as the crowd did, Santana ranks right up there. He'd finish a riff, tilt his head, smile with the sense of success he had over what he'd done, then continue onward. 2-1/2 to 3 hours of him doing a lot of that.

He and Johnny Prine were both that way. And others, I'm sure.

mudballs

Of all of the musicians I've seen live who enjoyed what they were doing at least as much as the crowd did, Santana ranks right up there. He'd finish a riff, tilt his head, smile with the sense of success he had over what he'd done, then continue onward. 2-1/2 to 3 hours of him doing a lot of that.

He and Johnny Prine were both that way. And others, I'm sure.
Just remember, broken hearts can't dance.

moose eater

That's why I've been thinking about a studio...i could watch a whole new group of musicians doing that. Help them get that moment
You'll still get the prissy folks who cast rain clouds on sunny days, but yeah.

A now-deceased friend in SW Michigan converted his garage into a music studio and recorded for a variety of folks. He died from complications from his asthma medications (steroids exploded his heart). He was relatively young at the time of his demise.

The studio was called "Homemade Jams'.

moose eater

Yeah im not sure how well id handle a diva lol
Simple. If you're set for money, and others know them to be who and what they are, kick 'em to the curb, both to free your air and to teach them something their folks failed to.

Same way I handle most people anymore.