What's new
  • ICMag and The Vault are running a NEW contest! You can check it here. Prizes are seeds & forum premium access. Come join in!

What music are you listening to?

mudballs

Took 3 prompts to get him to convert to agreeing to my argument. I'm warming up to AI chatbots
Screenshot_20240810-061103_Telegram.jpg

mudballs

There's an iconic pic of churchill looking mean...the photographer asked churchill for a picture without the cigar, he said no. The photographer grabbed the cigar from his mouth and snapped the pic...fkn boss level

moose eater

Moose you hate rap lol
Not all... Just most.

When my youngest son was beginning his now-nearly-3-year-stint in his James Dean, "Fuck you, I know MORE!!" 'phase' at age 17 (maybe it was always the real him underneath the Lord Fauntleroy disguise?), he was working on an old Tecumseh 2-stroke ice auger engine he'd left disassembled on his mother's work bench in the basement for all of 5 boundary-challenged months, and I maneuvered the scene so he'd at least work on the thing enough to get it off of her bench, and maybe show me what he'd learned.

He cranked up a remote JBL portable speaker linked to his smart phone, and cranked up some kind of hardcore gangsta' rap on it on the work bench (always an inviting tenor for interpersonal conversation), I assume knowing my distaste for such genre, and I asked him if that was what he's listening to these days (which I figured might explain a lot of what he wasn't willing to talk about more like an otherwise articulate young man).

"Yep...."

Having achieved the status in a once tight relationship of one-word conversations.

No, he's not in the estate currently, other than for a $1 bill, a Craftsman 9/16" wrench (chosen for its representation of randomness in the tool world), and a plastic, chrome-plated tiara... given with satirical purpose in mind, of course.

No, only a little bit of rap gets a nod from me.

I like a fair bit of free-flow/free-style poetry much of the time, though, if that counts for anything... :)

Wanna' buy an older rebuilt Eskimo ice auger? In a custom wooden (plywood) over-built transport box, with a custom machined adapter to permit it to be matched to a Strikemaster auger?

mudballs

Not all... Just most.

When my youngest son was beginning his now-nearly-3-year-stint in his James Dean, "Fuck you, I know MORE!!" 'phase' at age 17 (maybe it was always the real him underneath the Lord Fauntleroy disguise?), he was working on an old Tecumseh 2-stroke ice auger engine he'd left disassembled on his mother's work bench in the basement for all of 5 boundary-challenged months, and I maneuvered the scene so he'd at least work on the thing enough to get it off of her bench, and maybe show me what he'd learned.

He cranked up a remote JBL portable speaker linked to his smart phone, and cranked up some kind of hardcore gangsta' rap on it on the work bench (always an inviting tenor for interpersonal conversation), I assume knowing my distaste for such genre, and I asked him if that was what he's listening to these days (which I figured might explain a lot of what he wasn't willing to talk about more like an otherwise articulate young man).

"Yep...."

Having achieved the status in a once tight relationship of one-word conversations.

No, he's not in the estate currently, other than for a $1 bill, a Craftsman 9/16" wrench (chosen for its representation of randomness in the tool world), and a plastic, chrome-plated tiara... given with satirical purpose in mind, of course.

No, only a little bit of rap gets a nod from me.

I like a fair bit of free-flow/free-style poetry much of the time, though, if that counts for anything... :)

Wanna' buy an older rebuilt Eskimo ice auger? In a custom wooden (plywood) over-built transport box, with a custom machined adapter to permit it to be matched to a Strikemaster auger?
Ice fishing never grabbed me..i did ice hockey and skiing, maybe fish rivers that don't freeze for steelhead or trout and wait for spring..maybe it would be diff now, idk.

moose eater

Ice fishing never grabbed me..i did ice hockey and skiing, maybe fish rivers that don't freeze for steelhead or trout and wait for spring..maybe it would be diff now, idk.
You just need to get into the stoned meditation, horizontal on a Ski Doo seat, leaning back on a folded parka, craft beer-sipping (or guzzling), exceptional homemade food-eating, premium dry sieve hash-smoking mind-set required for a positive remote-bush ice fishing experience.

We can help convert you, if you'd like? But a warning; it's a fine functional form of asocial remote sports cult with decadence of sorts that might not ever release its grip on you.

Latest posts

Latest posts