What's new

What do you think

Redblueblur993

I took clones on November 1st here are a couple pictures of them 10 sour Bluetooth 8 Apollo XX I added hydrozyme and great white pH the water to 5.7 5.8 inside of humidity dome with LED lights on top. Apollo XX on the left Sour Bluetooth to the right. Can you please tell me if they are looking good healthy wise or are they unhealthy what should I do
IMG20231108102705.jpg
IMG20231108102630.jpg
IMG20231108102459.jpg
IMG20231108102451.jpg
IMG20231108102412.jpg

EasyE

They look fine. It's been one week since you cloned them and it usually takes a bit longer to root than seven days. They will be in a 'holding mode' until they grow roots. Have you lifted them up and looked for roots? And are you misting them a couple times a day?

foomar

Luddite
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Last batch i did in a very similar way all came good around 14 days

How is the rootzone temperature ?

Switched from CFL to LED and needed to add a heating mat to get them to root before yellowing out.

Redblueblur993

They look fine. It's been one week since you cloned them and it usually takes a bit longer to root than seven days. They will be in a 'holding mode' until they grow roots. Have you lifted them up and looked for roots? And are you misting them a couple times a day?
Yeah I've been taking them out one by one and examining them and nothing yet I misted it with water and I misted the humidity down

Redblueblur993

Last batch i did in a very similar way all came good around 14 days

How is the rootzone temperature ?

Switched from CFL to LED and needed to add a heating mat to get them to root before yellowing out.
I'm not sure what the root zone temperature is I should add a heating mat. I remember cloning sour boggle and it rooted in 5 days I shaved off the stem I put it in root tap gel and use the great white and it came out good this time it's different I'm not using root tap I'm using Foop cloning gel. Foop is a new company I've been using these last few months and it seems like it's going well

Redblueblur993

PH is between 5.5 and 5.7 I add hydrozyme and a little bit of great white I just added a heating mat today I mist the humidity dome

exoticrobotic

They look maybe a bit cooked, maybe the heatmat is heating the cubes up too much leading to the yellowing.

Try lifting them a cm away from the heat mat.

When i take cuts i just give plain water and mist with plain water. I dunno what great white is or hydrozyme.

Just mist with plain water, make sure no leaves are touching, otherwise they may rot and go yellow.

foomar

Luddite
ICMag Donor
Veteran
I aim for 75 f in the media , best checked with an old style clinical thermometer.
Higher than that the risk of assorted moulds and stemrots is not worth it to me.

Found a bit lower humidity , just condensation on the dome , is more reliable for me , and seemed to stop the odd clone that stalled and yellowed out.

Redblueblur993

They look maybe a bit cooked, maybe the heatmat is heating the cubes up too much leading to the yellowing.

Try lifting them a cm away from the heat mat.

When i take cuts i just give plain water and mist with plain water. I dunno what great white is or hydrozyme.

Just mist with plain water, make sure no leaves are touching, otherwise they may rot and go yellow.
I have them propped up on mini shish kabob sticks. I just started using the heating mat today. I have been giving them pH water and just misting them with a water bottle. Great white mycorrhizae.

exoticrobotic

I wouldn't add any mycorrhizae fungi personally.

I've seen It cause burn on seedlings before and your clones' roots if any will be somewhat delicate at first.

A couple of years ago i cloned what i was growing and just put them in an unheated propagator in winter in 1inch rockwool cubes

I didn't spray them at all and only neglectively watered them with plain water but they all rooted.

You could try rockwool to clone. It is much more forgiving in such a humid environment.

Hope they sort themselves out :rasta:

Redblueblur993

IMG20231114101416.jpg
IMG20231114101409.jpg
IMG20231114101348.jpg

This is today shot I noticed that there was some green to the rapid rooters and a smells pretty bad I haven't been around for a few days I was not able to come to the place where I'm growing at and now they all look a little bit suspect
IMG20231114101338.jpg

SolarLogos

I've always had good luck with Rapid Rooters and they are my go-to. I've never had luck with Rockwool, but that is just me; others love them.

Your plugs are way too wet. The cuttings need some air, otherwise they will suffocate and rot. Don't let them get dry, but they shouldn't be soaking wet. Start with field capacity and don't let them get any more wet than that (no waterlogged plugs, the cuts won't root). When they get feeling dry and really light, give them a spray on the outside of the plug, just enough to keep the outside lightly moist. Be careful not to spray around the main stem so the main stem doesn't rot.
Best of luck

EasyE

Had you cloned before?

I think 10 out of 18 isn't bad, but are you still being patient with the last 8?

Boo

Cabana’s bitch
Veteran
just a thought from an old man...you're root riot pellets are way too wet and the plants need to dry out a bit...the leaves are telling me they're not happy...too much moisture in the dome brother...they need to be fed, that's the yellow showing thru...

Redblueblur993

just a thought from an old man...you're root riot pellets are way too wet and the plants need to dry out a bit...the leaves are telling me they're not happy...too much moisture in the dome brother...they need to be fed, that's the yellow showing thru...
Thank you for the advice I'll do that the next round. I might just stick to rock wool. Should I give clones pH water?

Boo

Cabana’s bitch
Veteran
rockwool or root riot pellets will work well, but both don’t want to be over watered. Absolutely PH everything that you introduced to your plant… when you see the condensation start the form as heavily as it is on your dome you want to open up the vents so it’s just moist and not soaking wet… Good luck on your next run.

Redblueblur993

Had you cloned before?

I think 10 out of 18 isn't bad, but are you still being patient with the last 8?
Yeah I've cloned before different ways different methods and I found the best method was to take the cutting shave off the bottom of the stem dip it into gel and placing rockwool