What's new
  • ICMag and The Vault are running a NEW contest! You can check it here. Prizes are seeds & forum premium access. Come join in!

War

mean mr.mustard

I Pass Satellites
Veteran
NATO wasn't worried about nothing.

Russia will continue strong-arming nations until they are stopped or until someone with some sense replaces Putin and his loyal cronies.

Many, if not most, of Hitler's officers wanted to stop the insanity near the end of the war. The problem with dictators is that they don't want to surrender any power, ever... even if they know that is a popular opinion.

The longer they stay in power the more they are entrenched and able to play their own personal war games.

Hermanthegerman

peri alypias
Veteran
There is no excuse for Russias attack.

For me things are speaking for itself. I don´t know why making so many words. When the Ukrainians want to fight, let them do it. Who knows what´s happening? Who knows what´s changing in the run for the US elections 2024, with the american view on Ukraine? Until then the war goes on.

Roms

from the future
Veteran
What's your alternative? Let Russia invade any and all nations it wants?

LOL Russia regains its territory legally and from Kiev to Odessa as its next border, the fake ukro nation will be clean up of U.S. G.B. invasion and will disappear for ever, it will be shared between Poland, Belarus, Romania, and Moldavia, legally again. No alternative for peace, to the great despair of NATO's war business which will implode itself I think.

Microbeman

The Logical Gardener
ICMag Donor
Veteran
But it isn't the end of the story Herman, the war is still going on, why? It's being drawn out at the expense of Ukrainian life. If it were simply Russian vs Ukraine, Russia would have won long ago. Yes, Putin is a megalomaniac acting out his own nationalistic desires, but he is not a dumb man. Russia can afford massive casualties and still win a war, they have even proven this a few times in our history. I don't think Ukraine can sustain this loss of life and prosper in any way. Plus, an unstable madman in charge of nuclear warheads is never good.

It represents a classic ''Trolley Problem", do we accept some loss in the hope of saving many a future generation or do we play John Wayne and duel it out until no one is left? It's a shitty place to be, but it is far from simple.
Do you know he would stop with Ukraine? Why would he? Don't forget his KGB upbringing. His apparent desire to restore USSR.

Roms

from the future
Veteran

Putin exposes Ukrainian military constraints​

by Russia Today

The Russian president said kyiv could not replenish its workforce indefinitely despite Western aid.

Ukraine's armed forces are severely manned, Russian President Vladimir Putin hinted after receiving an estimate that Kiev has lost more than 13 troops since launching its counteroffensive earlier this month.

«Additional military equipment can certainly be delivered, but the mobilization reserve is not unlimited. And it seems that Ukraine's Western allies are indeed ready to wage war to the last Ukrainian.Putin said during a meeting of the Russian Security Council on Thursday.

Putin was referring to the idea that the United States and its allies don't care about Ukrainian casualties, as long as they can use Kiev by proxy to inflict damage on Russia.

During the meeting, the senior officials shared Russia's assessment of the interim results of the Ukrainian counteroffensive, which was launched in early June.

According to Nikolai Patrushev, secretary of the Council, kyiv lost more than 13 soldiers and a significant number of weapons during the campaign. This preliminary estimate is largely based on intercepted communications from Ukrainian military commanders, Defense Minister Sergei Shoigu said.

Meanwhile, the Russian military is steadily building up its reserves, Shoigu added, noting that the process was going well in terms of recruitment and procurement of weapon systems.

The ministry has committed an additional 114 troops through normal channels and has a standing force of 000 highly motivated volunteers to take part in the fight against Ukraine, Shoigu said. The ministry is keeping the latter group in reserve and providing them with the necessary training, he added.

Ukrainian losses reported between 4 and 21 June include 246 tanks, 595 armored vehicles, 424 cars, 279 artillery guns and mortars, 42 multiple rocket launchers, two anti-aircraft systems, ten tactical fighter jets, four helicopters and 264 unmanned aerial vehicles. Thirteen of Ukraine's 81 western-made tanks were also destroyed, according to Russian officials.

Shoigu claimed that kyiv's foreign sponsors had virtually no Soviet-made weapons left to supply the Ukrainian military. What remains of these weapons and the Western-made equipment they can supply this year will not significantly affect the situation on the battlefield, he predicted.

source: Russia Today

Roms

from the future
Veteran

Zirkon hypersonic missiles deployed on all new Russian frigates and corvettes​

1687452347934.png

The Russian navy will equip many of its new Zirkon hypersonic missile combat ships, according to its commander-in-chief. However, the Kalibr and Onyx cruise missiles will also remain in service there.
All frigates and corvettes under construction or new will be armed with Zirkon hypersonic missiles, told Sputnik the Commander-in-Chief of the Russian Navy, Nikolai Evmenov.
However, the navy does not renounce the Kalibr and Onyx cruise missiles despite the fact that the buildings will receive new armaments, he said at the Kronstadt international naval fair, held on June 21-25 in Saint Petersburg.
According to the high ranking officer, these projectiles have proven their great reliability.

Missiles flying at a speed of 10,000 km / h

According to official data, the North Admiral Gorchkov fleet frigate was the first ship to test Zirkon stealth missiles.
With a range of 1,000 kilometers, they can fly at a speed of approximately 11,025 km / h ( Mach 9 ) and up to 30-40 kilometers above sea level.
As Russian Defense has noted, the Zirkon is the world's first hypersonic cruise missile capable of performing prolonged aerodynamic flight by operating in the atmosphere with its own engine. It can hit maritime and land targets.
Last February, Vladimir Putin announced that the massive deliveries of hypersonic missiles Sea-based Zirkon with Russian forces would begin in 2023.

mean mr.mustard

I Pass Satellites
Veteran

Ukrainian losses reported between 4 and 21 June include 246 tanks, 595 armored vehicles, 424 cars, 279 artillery guns and mortars, 42 multiple rocket launchers, two anti-aircraft systems, ten tactical fighter jets, four helicopters and 264 unmanned aerial vehicles. Thirteen of Ukraine's 81 western-made tanks were also destroyed, according to Russian officials.

Is this bragging?

Blue Rhino

What about people who don't support the invasion of Ukraine but also don't support exacerbating the death and destruction being wrought on the Ukrainian people for political gain? Got any funny quasi racist puns for those kinds of people?
Well, it's not like the other countries stuck a gun to Ukraine's heads and forced them to fight. That was Russia. As for the European countries sending military hardware to Ukraine, I think it's less to do with political gain and more to do with Russia having a history of "liberating" European countries. If they take re-take Ukraine, who's next, Poland? The Baltics? Germany?
As for the American govt, well I trust their "altruism" about as much as I trust Bedpan's propaganda.
I don't think it's offside to question America's sincerity in this matter.

Blue Rhino

View attachment 18856858

The “free world” is actually occupied territory​

by Indrajit Samarajiva

When we know that it is since the end of the Second World War that we celebrate the Day "Opposit Day" (day of inversions or opposites), things start to make a little more sense. In 1949, the Ministry of War became the Ministry of Defense and people believed this lie. At this time, the United States occupied Europe (especially Germany), Japan, started the war in Korea, and maintained a permanent garrison in the Pacific, centered in Australia. When the USSR did this, it was called occupation, but when the US did it, it was just “visiting”. But they never left. The occupation therefore remains, but it is drowned in a flood of contrary words.

View attachment 18856857
Funny thing is, Ruzzian propagandists insist that Britain is the big dog and the US is just its puppet. Silly Ruzzians.

mean mr.mustard

I Pass Satellites
Veteran
And you? ^^

I don't think war is cool.

I don't support Russia's invasion.

I don't support Russia's saber rattling.

I don't brag about people dying for an asinine "cause".

I don't think nukes being threatened is anything new for Russia.

I remember the Cold War.

I remember the dissolution of the USSR.

People are dying for an antiquated sense of nationalism, whether being steered by a dictator or being invaded by one.

Do you support the use of nuclear weapons?

Blue Rhino

Is this bragging?
More like wishful thinking. Ukraine has only engaged about 25% of its fighting force in this counteroffensive so far. They also do things like claim destroyed Ruzzian tanks were actually Ukrainian tanks. Ruzzians showed a video of their propaganda machine at a site where a small column of armoured vehicles and tanks had been wrecked. They claimed they were Ukrainian but on closer inspection you can clearly see the remains of a Ruzzian military unit patch in of the wrecked tanks.
They also like taking pictures of a single destroyed tank from multiple angles and then try to tell everyone they destroyed multiple tanks.

And of course as we all know, (or should know) both sides in a war exaggerate the losses they inflict on the other side while claiming minimal losses of their own.

mean mr.mustard

I Pass Satellites
Veteran
Primarily I was questioning the degree of blood lust from some of our spammers...

But also it's not a bad idea to point out that bragging about destroying lives and families isn't a great look.

I find it curious that people who support Russia assume that people who don't all supported the wars in the Middle East.

Maybe, just maybe, there's those of us who believe that the US shouldn't have invaded Iraq AND believe that Russia shouldn't have invaded Ukraine.

Wars are ridiculous in civilized society.

I just started realizing that the society I live in isn't civilized.

Latest posts

Latest posts