What's new

Violeta

Violeta from ACE
IMG-20240611-WA0022.jpg

Sensistar42

Pretty mellow feel good relaxing high. Has some heady effects but mostly euphoric and relaxing. In my opinion it needs to go back into a pure African variety like Nigerian or Columbian for it to be more potent and heady.
Very nice, mines more like black mechanics grease with a citrus like sweet to it. Way more up then you would expect takes around 11ish weeks.

Onuma Sativa

2.5 month violeta fem.

full

She was topped by a caterpillar, like her neighbour GMGrape.
The picture doesn't show how elegant she looks. Really beautiful. Fruity smell, with some waxy background on the older stems.
The pic is a few days old, since then a cold night has brought out some cute coloring of the stems. I'll try to post an image soon.

Eastcoastcookies

Day 70 Violeta getting chopped after almost 3 weeks of plain water . Buds are pretty solid . Smell is sweet blueberry / strawberry bubblegum with some gas . About to run a clone of this on the next cycle indoors . Also have a few outdoors that should get pretty big in the next few months . This one is definitely a beauty for sure .
1719799406077.jpeg
1719799428788.jpeg
1719800310120.jpeg

Last edited:

JonnyWeedSeed

Wowza @Eastcoastcookies. Super impressive plant! Mine aren't quite as majestic but I've still got some time for these buds to fatten up. Plants on the right are all green with large snow white pistils and they smell like sweet tropical fruit and geraniums. Plants on the left are very dark green and purple (bud material is almost black) and smells like sweet dark berries with a bit of dankness and a lil skunk.

Attachments

• violetta.jpg
    violetta.jpg
    3.4 MB · Views: 54

dubi

ACE Seeds Breeder
Vendor
Veteran
Pretty mellow feel good relaxing high. Has some heady effects but mostly euphoric and relaxing. In my opinion it needs to go back into a pure African variety like Nigerian or Columbian for it to be more potent and heady.

Hi @TrulyAmazingGenetics Violeta was never bred with the goal of achieving really strong potency and a heady sativa effect. For that, the 11-week Malawi x PCK purple expressions are a much better choice. This is well explained in the strain descriptions and in the strain threads on ICmag.

Violeta's effect is mostly indica, but it's a bit more cerebral and less sedative than most modern Afghani hybrids. Violeta was bred to improve mainly in yield and potency over the straight elite PCK parent plant, so growers can access upgraded purple PCK expressions in a consistent way.

Nonetheless, Violeta outcrosses great with pure sativas, just as pure PCK does.

dubi

ACE Seeds Breeder
Vendor
Veteran
Wow @Eastcoastcookies those harvested buds look stellar :yummy: quite Purple Haze looking plant with the foxtails and deep purple pigmenation. The ones with refined strawberry-blueberry-grape bubblegum aromas are my favorite expressions for terps.

Thanks for sharing your growing experience with all of us, enjoy your harvest ;)

Sensistar42

Hi @TrulyAmazingGenetics Violeta was never bred with the goal of achieving really strong potency and a heady sativa effect. For that, the 11-week Malawi x PCK purple expressions are a much better choice. This is well explained in the strain descriptions and in the strain threads on ICmag.

Violeta's effect is mostly indica, but it's a bit more cerebral and less sedative than most modern Afghani hybrids. Violeta was bred to improve mainly in yield and potency over the straight elite PCK parent plant, so growers can access upgraded purple PCK expressions in a consistent way.

Nonetheless, Violeta outcrosses great with pure sativas, just as pure PCK does.
I would agree with the indica feels. I can feel the kush like body feel but on a light note. More pronounced in the cooler temps. I feel like mine feels more sativa more or less because of the terpene profile compared to what others are getting. I need to pop some more! Though on the other hand the Malawi x Pck seeing the citrus sweet wood and more potency seems like a good middle ground for me compared to the berry flavors of Violeta in terms of having it all the time. Love the grape but I can only have it so often personally. Kicks on executive disfunction for me in what I would consider day time work strains.

JonnyWeedSeed

These girls are on their 12th week and are getting tired so they're coming down. The purple ones on the left now have a nice plush dark berry scent with some spice and incense. The green ones on the right have a really interesting sweet creamy pineapple aroma and they're super sticky. I'll post a smoke report after they've had a good cure. Peace y'all!

Attachments

• Garden.jpg
    Garden.jpg
    4.5 MB · Views: 70
  • Violetta - Berry.jpg
    Violetta - Berry.jpg
    2.9 MB · Views: 61

sgka

Veteran
These girls are on their 12th week and are getting tired so they're coming down. The purple ones on the left now have a nice plush dark berry scent with some spice and incense. The green ones on the right have a really interesting sweet creamy pineapple aroma and they're super sticky. I'll post a smoke report after they've had a good cure. Peace y'all!
@JonnyWeedSeed , too lazy to scroll back through the pages here. Did you pollinate the purple one on the left? Looks like some seeds in there, but maybe I need to put my glasses on.

Latest posts

Latest posts