What's new

Violeta

dubi

ACE Seeds Breeder
Vendor
Veteran
Congrats on your harvest @JonnyWeedSeed :smoke: really happy for you .. both purple and green expressions look terrific ... probably high temps in the grow have delayed a bit the flowering time.

Violeta x Purple Haze x Malawi sounds very very promising, well done!

Enjoy and have a great summer time :summy:

sgka

Veteran
Violetas been living in 5gals for a minute. Just put them into 10s and switched to flower today.
IMG_8666.jpeg

regentag

Here again is my outdoor V fem. at something around Week 6 since first flowering. She is under light deprivation since the end of June and in 16L with the wrong soil.
Apart from the problems I have, the buds are filling up quite well. She still needs time, but a macro from today shows a lot of Amber in the Trichoms. 🤷‍♂️

full

full

sgka

Veteran
Curious and too lazy to dig through all these pages. How long does the violeta stretch for? For almost 2 weeks flower I'm amazed how far they've hustled!

sgka

Veteran
Well things got a little out of hands at 2 weeks flower. Did some major thinning, and double screened. Moved my carbon filter and fan outside, woof! A lot of work.

Attachments

• IMG_8838.jpeg
    IMG_8838.jpeg
    4.8 MB · Views: 43
  • IMG_8839.jpeg
    IMG_8839.jpeg
    5.4 MB · Views: 43
  • IMG_8840.jpeg
    IMG_8840.jpeg
    5.1 MB · Views: 46
  • IMG_8844.jpeg
    IMG_8844.jpeg
    5.2 MB · Views: 44

regentag

Three days ago
full

full

The leaves have been pale green for a long time and are now slowly turning yellow. The storm of the last few days was a bit too strong, she tilted once and one head bud has been hanging down more and more. I support her a little with a stick and she has only been on rainwater for about a week now.

Iseemag

I love the violeta. The tall phenos are the best. I wasn't as happy with the short Pakistani phenos even if they were pretty and almost black color. Not as good of smoke as the tall girls that take longer to flower and have lots of stretch in the beginning of flower.
Hope you find a keeper
Have an AMAZING day
Couldn't agree more. I'm hunting for a green pheno after I lost mine. Purple as from looks Isn't as good.
The green pheno seemed to also be more vigorous overall.

FellaAndrene

Nonetheless, Violeta outcrosses great with pure sativas, just as pure PCK does.
Have you ever done a Violeta x Panama type cross?

I've had a plan for a Violeta x Panama D.C. line for ages now. It must be at least five years ago when I bought the seed stock for it.

I know @kamyo has been working PCK and Panama D.C. together, and I think he had an idea to cross that line with Malawi x PCK at some point too(?) A super cool project that has been very interesting to follow, but I'm under the impression that he hasn't worked with Violeta (as of yet).

But yeah, my idea is to build plants with pole-like form plus colourful and plump bracts, ready for hashing after a simple deleaf. For our personal enjoyment, and as a nod toward the Spanish scene too.

If you have crossed Violeta with a Panama-based line, were some of the results unexpected? And what kind of traits of Violeta should be prevalent in the progeny of that kind of cross?

kamyo

Veteran
Have you ever done a Violeta x Panama type cross?

I've had a plan for a Violeta x Panama D.C. line for ages now. It must be at least five years ago when I bought the seed stock for it.

I know @kamyo has been working PCK and Panama D.C. together, and I think he had an idea to cross that line with Malawi x PCK at some point too(?) A super cool project that has been very interesting to follow, but I'm under the impression that he hasn't worked with Violeta (as of yet).

But yeah, my idea is to build plants with pole-like form plus colourful and plump bracts, ready for hashing after a simple deleaf. For our personal enjoyment, and as a nod toward the Spanish scene too.

If you have crossed Violeta with a Panama-based line, were some of the results unexpected? And what kind of traits of Violeta should be prevalent in the progeny of that kind of cross?
I don't think I've ever been mentioned in a separate thread before, so thanks for making me feel special.

The PCK x PanamaDC (PDK) is a project close to my heart. Was the first real cross I ever did, and I've redone it about 4 times at this point.

At one point, I crossed Malawi x PCK and PDK v1 girls to a PCK male, and there was lots of color. Very pronounced purpling in the veins, growing outward, full purple flowers. The stuff you want to see. Here's one of the Malawi x PCK x PCK from that pollination
PXL_20230322_232545913.jpg

I recently did another Malawi x PCK x PCK cross with different parents and it's there too. The Malawi x PCK and other PCK crosses can and will throw out some really colorful individuals, but that backcross (of sorts) really finishes the job.

The purpler PCK isn't always the loudest or most flavorful, so a strong, terpy mother from the whatever x PCK is a good idea since the PCK alone won't be adding a ton.

Indeed, I haven't grown the Violeta, but based on what I've seen, Ace did a great job with that one. Would probably make a great line to work a bit towards the colorful side, adding better structure and flavor to the PCK. Basically creating an 'improved' PCK to use as the base purple parent stock in future crosses. That's kind of my plan, at least.

Here's a girl I'm currently growing from the recent Malawi x PCK x PCK cross. I've had some issues in the garden, but they're showing the color well.
PXL_20240829_025419466.MP.jpg

Last edited:

dubi

ACE Seeds Breeder
Vendor
Veteran

Looking great passing mid flowering @sgka :) glad you are happy with the idea of having a green and a purple pheno from your 2 plants. The purple shows really intense pigmentation of good flower/leaf ratio and slight sativa influence. The green pheno looks like best green PCK expressions, but on steroids! Great main cola and dense flowers :yes:

How many days are they into flowering ?
How would you describe their terpene profiles now heading to maturation ?

dubi

ACE Seeds Breeder
Vendor
Veteran
Three days ago
full

full

The leaves have been pale green for a long time and are now slowly turning yellow. The storm of the last few days was a bit too strong, she tilted once and one head bud has been hanging down more and more. I support her a little with a stick and she has only been on rainwater for about a week now.

A really clasic looking purple PCK phenotype from your Violeta with improved vigor, yield, flower structure and flower leaf ratio from the Malawi touch in the hybrid. Your females leaned to the more hashplant side from purple genepool of this domesticated landrace, in contrast with sgka's purple pheno which shows more sativa influence. How would you describe her terpene profiles during flowering and post harvest ?

Congrats on her harvest :smoke: hope you can start to enjoy her very soon after a bit of drying-curing, such expressions need 2-3 months to reach their peak during curing.

dubi

ACE Seeds Breeder
Vendor
Veteran
3 months old Violeta fem in ground dirt just showing some pistils. Gave it a cleanup 2 nodes up for aeration. Mix of gaia green, jadam jlf and light salts.

View attachment 19044375

She really had a tall, vigorous and robust structure by early August @moofingaround :yes:
Hope this Pakistani indica based hybrid performs best against mold than the mostly Afghani genetics you grew from us last season.

How is your Violeta doing lately ?

Latest posts

Latest posts