What's new
  • As of today ICMag has his own Discord server. In this Discord server you can chat, talk with eachother, listen to music, share stories and pictures...and much more. Join now and let's grow together! Join ICMag Discord here! More details in this thread here: here.
  • ICMag and The Vault are running a NEW contest in October! You can check it here. Prizes are seeds & forum premium access. Come join in!

High Grade Vintage Cannabis photography

Hammerhead

Disabled Farmer
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Pics from our grows back then are rare. I like seeing those. Most of us never did that for obvious reasons.

mexcurandero420

See the world through a puff of smoke
Veteran
Mexican mota smoking teenager 1925

Mexican kid smoking mota (1).jpg

heirloomganja

marijuana-growers-guide-1974-mel_1_e01252e8aacf870bc7e471b65eb97035.jpg

Screenshot_20211102-173457_Chrome~2.jpg

Marijuana Grower's Guide by Mel Frank and Ed Rosenthal. This Out-of-Print soft cover book was published in 1979 (this is the 14 th printing--it was originally copyrighted in 1974. The book has 96 pages. The only marks inside are some notations on the last page. The book has smudges and signs of use, but none of the pages are missing.The disclaimer on the copyright page says:This book is being published in California in 1974.

OldCoolSativa

That's a good representation of what connoisseur herb looked like in 1980. The rest of us smoked Mexican. Here's a picture I took in 1979 in freshman year of college, in Texas. We broke up a QP and it was the most weed I'd ever owned or seen at the time.

Click image for larger version  Name:	PICT0012 - small.jpg Views:	0 Size:	83.6 KB ID:	17980839

It was Oaxacan, what we used to call "Woa bud." Really skinny, airy buds, as you can see, and no visible frost. Harvested very prematurely, most of the seed was not ripe. There was a shit load of seed. Many stems also. Less than half the weight was actually smokable. It was happy weed, but not very potent, probably because it was so immature at harvest. When we'd run out of weed, we'd break out the rolling tray (or the album cover) and separate all the seeds that still had husks on them, then separate the dried calyxes from the seed. That's where the resin was. There'd be enough calyxes for a joint or a couple bong hits. That shit was fire. Way more potent than the rest of it. Tells me it could've been really good weed if grown and cured properly.

I remember having a 35 mm film canister full of Oaxacan seed. I think I threw them away but I'm not certain. I should go rummage through my old camera gear bag, just for kicks. It's been in a locked file cabinet in the basement for 10 years, and I've lost the key.

heirloomganja

And I only have one of cherniaks books. They get listed from $125 to $1000 a piece. 😂

I've got three books from him, bought at the time for a smaller amount of money than what is offered now.The same with the Marijuana Grower's Guide from Mel Frank & Ed Rosenthal.Amazon offer this book for $141.75 at the moment.