What's new
  • As of today ICMag has his own Discord server. In this Discord server you can chat, talk with eachother, listen to music, share stories and pictures...and much more. Join now and let's grow together! Join ICMag Discord here! More details in this thread here: here.
  • ICMag and The Vault are running a NEW contest in October! You can check it here. Prizes are seeds & forum premium access. Come join in!

High Grade Vintage Cannabis photography

therevverend

Veteran
From what I can tell trimming became popular in the 80s with more indoor ops. Everyone competing to make their buds look better and better.
Personally I don't like it. Of course the fan leaves need to be trimmed. But removing every little crystal leaf is a waste of time and money. Started as an excuse to charge more money now growers are a slave to it. The extra weight the leaves add is minimal and can be dealt with by dropping the price a few bucks.
Colas degrade much quicker with all the guard leaves taken away. All the hash gets banged off along with the terpenes. Once a bag has passed through a couple middlemen the pot is much less potent. Why BC had a bad reputation.
Now we have auto trimmers and minimum wage trimmers that don't do anything but mangle buds. I've seen trimmers run the scissors around the outside of a bud 2 or three times and call it good. Trimming off 1/3 of the bud and leaving the heavy stem chunks.
What makes top end what it is isn't necessarily better growing but better handling and trimming after harvest.

Medfinder

Chemon 91
Before it was... the object of Taboo

Richard's Hemp farm in Seney, Michigan, circa 1920s.

picture.php

To its users, the drug has many names—many of them evasive. Marijuana may be called muggles, mooter, Mary Warner, Mary Jane, Indian hay, loco weed, love weed, bambalacha, mohasky, mu, moocah, grass, tea or blue sage. Cigarets made from it are killers, goof-butts, joy-smokes, giggle-smokes or reefers. The word marijuana is of Mexican origin and means “the weed that intoxicates.” It is made from the Indian hemp plant, a spreading green bush resembling sumac. Known to the pharmacopoeia as Cannabis sativa, it is a source of important paint ingredients and rope fiber as well as narcotics. It can be grown easily almost anywhere, hence tends to be inexpensive, as drugs go. Its recent prices (10¢ to 50¢ a cigaret) have placed it beneath the dignity of big-time racketeers. But its furtive preparation and sale afford a modest living to thousands.

Chevy cHaze

Out Of Dankness Cometh Light
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Before it was... the object of Taboo

Richard's Hemp farm in Seney, Michigan, circa 1920s.

View Image

To its users, the drug has many names—many of them evasive. Marijuana may be called muggles, mooter, Mary Warner, Mary Jane, Indian hay, loco weed, love weed, bambalacha, mohasky, mu, moocah, grass, tea or blue sage. Cigarets made from it are killers, goof-butts, joy-smokes, giggle-smokes or reefers. The word marijuana is of Mexican origin and means “the weed that intoxicates.” It is made from the Indian hemp plant, a spreading green bush resembling sumac. Known to the pharmacopoeia as Cannabis sativa, it is a source of important paint ingredients and rope fiber as well as narcotics. It can be grown easily almost anywhere, hence tends to be inexpensive, as drugs go. Its recent prices (10¢ to 50¢ a cigaret) have placed it beneath the dignity of big-time racketeers. But its furtive preparation and sale afford a modest living to thousands.

A modest living for thousands ! That's what I'd like back !

TychoMonolyth

Boreal Curing
From what I can tell trimming became popular in the 80s with more indoor ops. Everyone competing to make their buds look better and better.
Personally I don't like it. Of course the fan leaves need to be trimmed. But removing every little crystal leaf is a waste of time and money. Started as an excuse to charge more money now growers are a slave to it. The extra weight the leaves add is minimal and can be dealt with by dropping the price a few bucks.
Colas degrade much quicker with all the guard leaves taken away. All the hash gets banged off along with the terpenes. Once a bag has passed through a couple middlemen the pot is much less potent. Why BC had a bad reputation.
Now we have auto trimmers and minimum wage trimmers that don't do anything but mangle buds. I've seen trimmers run the scissors around the outside of a bud 2 or three times and call it good. Trimming off 1/3 of the bud and leaving the heavy stem chunks.
What makes top end what it is isn't necessarily better growing but better handling and trimming after harvest.

Hey.... pre-ground! lol

StRa

Señor Member
Veteran
Kees's talking about the plants IMO

een grote, een sterke, een nuttige plant!!!!

Last edited:

StRa

Señor Member
Veteran
yeah de cannabis sativa hollandica!

lowland-weedco005.jpg

lowland-weedco013.jpg

lowland-weedco021.jpg

[YOUTUBEIF]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=f_O5KCJjdyE[/YOUTUBEIF]

Cvh

Supermod
Free ☕ 🦫

Azaghal

Veteran
Hi everybody :tiphat:,

just a photo of 3 people, one of them smoking cannabis.

Found it in a book and thought it would be appropriate here.

Cheers

Attachments

• Das Reich der Pflanzen S. 300, Bertelsmann Lexikothek.jpg
    Das Reich der Pflanzen S. 300, Bertelsmann Lexikothek.jpg
    80.1 KB · Views: 59

Latest posts

Latest posts