What's new
  • As of today ICMag has his own Discord server. In this Discord server you can chat, talk with eachother, listen to music, share stories and pictures...and much more. Join now and let's grow together! Join ICMag Discord here! More details in this thread here: here.
  • ICMag and The Vault are running a NEW contest in October! You can check it here. Prizes are seeds & forum premium access. Come join in!

High Grade Vintage Cannabis photography

mexcurandero420

See the world through a puff of smoke
Veteran
I was wondering if Haleys Comet (Early Californian variety crossed with the Skunk #1) from the Flying Dutchmen has Pollyanna in the lineage too.

Keep on growing :)

mexcurandero420

See the world through a puff of smoke
Veteran
ba737e6827dd61ca9095b499a3210209.jpg

Keep on growing :)

D

DankeyKong

It's funny to see so many people talking about how landraces genetics from colombia etc are the greatest stuff that they smoked ... Some even compare to LSD

Those who says that clearly have no knowledge towards growing or real landraces people had been breeding those selected landraces for one reason to optimize their qualities for many many years resin production, terps etc...

Who says that those brick weeds from colombia back in 70 were good, clearly have less to none knowledge about marijuana.

D

DankeyKong

The real thing is that those hipsters don't have any idea about what they're saying (the ones who says oh oh you never know back in the days genetics were the fire) ...

Dude you guys smoked brick weed back in the days most of them grown by native population of colombia in the jungle with 0 control... The buds were super leafy etc... I don't know for me the ones saying that are clearly marijuana fakers.

Manivelle

Veteran
you're wrong . they are as good as each other. for example even those days i prefer to smoke a good landrace than a hype strain . it's just like compraring an old expensive wine and a vodka redbull. to me landrace have more distinct charactere than modern hybrids.
and the old guys found some seeds in the brick that they grew properly ..

D

DankeyKong

What are you saying dude hahaha okay that's you personal preference but thats just like wine and vodka and redbull ???

Do you wanna really compare what they grow in santa marta with what they grow in california ? Hahahahahaa...

Dude i live in south america for 10 years 8 in colombia and 2 in paraguay you guys been smoking shit and talking its like wine wtf

Manivelle

Veteran
good for you if you like wine redbull coktail . lol
why can't you understand people could like landraces ?

D

DankeyKong

I can and i respect it, i don't have any problem with it ...

But say that a landrace from colombia from back 70's is better than what they're breeding at Colorado and California for real ? Basically what they're doing in USA and Europe for years is select just the best qualities from those landraces and breeding into one gen, it's just an evolution...

Okay maybe you can enjoy better the smoke it's personal preference ... I like skunk oriented buds but some like more pine-sol oriented so that's preference ...

But just to make my point and point out that im not talking about something that i don't know... I have here some nugs that i grow from Bohdhi Goji OG and a Colombian landrace A-Class grown in Santa Marta (where the colombian gold is found)...

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

The Goji OG the bud in its nature i grow it myself while the brick is grown at Santa Marta mountains at cold temps ...

I saw live the plants and it just can't compete dude in terms of everything resin production, terpene profile and etc...

The reason why people like it so much it's just because it's 100% sativa so it's a totally different high than those from hybrids (IN MY OPINION)

Chevy cHaze

Out Of Dankness Cometh Light
ICMag Donor
Veteran
"The reason why people like it so much it's just because it's 100% sativa so it's a totally different high than those from hybrids (IN MY OPINION) "

There you go my friend! You have the perfect answer for your question and I hope you can now understand.

all the best
cc

If you never smoked weed from Oaxaca , Michoacan , Santa Marta , or Sinaloa and how's about those strains grown here , wow , dispensary weed it is like eating rice with a carrot and a nice glass of water , every fucking day ! BORING, and if ya all want more hate can,t wait till tropical saliva is being imported from tropical countries and many big weed dealers end up doing janitorial to survive like I did hate hate hate !

H

hard rain

It's funny to see so many people talking about how landraces genetics from colombia etc are the greatest stuff that they smoked ... Some even compare to LSD

Those who says that clearly have no knowledge towards growing or real landraces people had been breeding those selected landraces for one reason to optimize their qualities for many many years resin production, terps etc...

Who says that those brick weeds from colombia back in 70 were good, clearly have less to none knowledge about marijuana.
I don't know about Colombia as I live on the other side of the world. I grew up on Asian pot, especially thai stick sativa's. Over the years I wondered how that pot would stack up to todays.

A couple of years ago I smoked similar in SE Asia, and while it wasn't thai stick it was just as good. Made me think all this breeding is a waste of time. What pot breeders are good at now is producing a potent fast flowering high producing plant that tastes good. Good cannabis takes up to 25 weeks to flower and another 25 weeks to cure.

Most are in it for fast money or beautiful looking/tasting cannabis. Long flowering sativa smokers are in it for the effect. It is quite different to what most of you are used to.

Hrpuffnkush

Golden Coast
Veteran
potency and tolerance run hand and hand , pre 1980 mostly all strains were under 13% cannaboinds . if we even took blue dream back to 1980 be the strongest most incredible weed ever ... but now days blue dream is boring,... potency evolves and so does tolerance
many old sativas are missing along with the terpine profiles .... but we pretty much have the best of the best across the board since about 2006ish , just about finding what you like , theres something for everyone =)

el gordo

Basically what they're doing in USA and Europe for years is select just the best qualities from those landraces and breeding into one gen, it's just an evolution...
Hrpuffnkush said:
potency and tolerance run hand and hand , pre 1980 mostly all strains were under 13% cannaboinds . if we even took blue dream back to 1980 be the strongest most incredible weed ever ... but now days blue dream is boring,... potency evolves and so does tolerance
hard rain is pretty much nailing it! western selections are all about fast flowering, production and flavours, apart from that, this total thc amount that seedsellers use to advertise their seeds is totally bullshit, as potency depends more on the relative amount between cannabinoids, than the total amount of thc, that's why 25% todays weed is not more potent than 70's stuff, we've raised the thc amount through selection but we've raised also the antagonists and flavourful terpenes that muddy the high....not to talk about the much lower ceiling of todays varietys, after some joints you're much, much higher with old school sativas than with todays 30%thc stuff.....so at the end of the day you'll feel stronger effects with this 13% sativa stuff ...

Last edited:

Madjag

Veteran
Hahahahaa.....potency, chemistry, tolerance, taste......it's the Never-Ending story of what gets you high versus what gets you wasted, eh?

On a paralyze/couchlock level for testing: I've still never seen a veteran smoker take two pin joint hits and fall face first into a brick wall (my best friend), nor have I seen a woman fall down a flight of stairs after a toke or two (not bong hits either), nor have I seen a grown man puke from spinning as I did with certain Colombian strains back in 1971-1974. Imagine grower's stash from old Colombian men who have been growing and smoking since the 1940's. Imagine that paralytic black sticky herb pressed into small bars that ferment and get even wilder during their shipment to the US.....now you can talk about tolerance. Hey, ask Tangwena, the Malawi Cob man on IC. Potency is not only genetic, a complex combo of many factors, but it is also manipulative and can be enhanced (or downgraded) by curing.

Most heavy smokers that I know today use at least a bong and then talk in terms of how many bowls smoked. The bong smokers I know who have found that not enough have moved to Vapes for a new and definitely more potent high/low. But is it the herb, or the method of ingestion, that is adding the "potency"? Compare today's strains of weed by using the old 1 or 2 toke pin-joint test and you might be surprised. You probably won't even get high. Ah, tolerance enters the stage. It's getting hazy now (pun intended)....

Back in the 70's we rolled pin joints of the most potent stuff, AKA New York needles, and spoke in terms of tokes or hits. Only my Colombian friend and one American buddy could smoke full joints of any quality....and then smoke 5 or 8 more throughout the day. My Arizona buddy just crumbled up straight hash and made pure hash pin joints. He'd drive a tractor in 100F heat and smoke 10 of these through the day. His motivation.

The ethereal Mexican varieties like Michoacan, Highland Oaxacan, Sinaloan, and Guerrero weren't couchlock or body paralyzing; instead, they tossed your brain like a limp salad, inducing young folks staring into space. Many a time I saw people smoke some fresh, seedless Mexi that made them so high/happy/clear that they couldn't operate heavy equipment, like driving, without paranoia and fuck ups. Shift? What, oh, it's an automatic.

Cartoon Weed as we called it made the smoker a laughing clown, unable to keep a straight face or act "normal", even in the presence of a cop. It probably lead to many a bust simply because once you smoked it, you were in Loony Tunes for at least the first hour. Everything, and absolutely anything, would set you off. Lots a stares coming your way then induced that good old fear of the judge microscope bearing down on little old you sticking out from an otherwise stones, but peaceful crowd of hippies. I never did find out where it came from. It surfaced in Denver in 1969-1970 and disappeared within months, never to be seen again.

What I fear is that these killer strains were landraces cultivated by a few old-time growers, no matter what country they were cultivating in, who eventually passed on without and heir as coca and hero took over the South American scene. Please tell me there are some intrepid wanderers among you today that are going to Mexico, Central Am, and South America, hunting for seeds of "the Right Stuff" and figuring out how to get those pearls back to growers at home.....growers who will at least keep heirloom runs separate from the hybrids they create.

Potency is really not just about the resin or the THC content. It's about the sum total being greater than the parts. We are just scratching the surface when it comes to comparing "potency" between strains. Sure there are some today that also, like Colombian Candybar, make you melt and feel like sleeping on the couch. It dazzles peeps and all they can talk about for the next months is that high and how it knocked them down and out. Well, that's cool, but how can someone compete, telling about their "high", when they start talking bout far-out thoughts, new ideas, incredible memories, and then get energized so much that they dance at the club for two hours straight, go for a run, or skateboard full-bore down the nearest big hills? It's so much easier to talk potency when it's apparent, physically obvious. Hate to say it, but in my book it's a bit like comparing H highs to Coca highs. Up or Down, you'll float around........

Latest posts

Latest posts