What's new

Competition Trophies - Help us change them!

Gypsy Nirvana

Recalcitrant Reprobate -
Administrator
Veteran
- there are always things to strive for -

Attachments

• caravan1960.jpg
    caravan1960.jpg
    134.2 KB · Views: 197

f-e

Mentor
Veteran
Just glance around the periphery of my post. Trophies? Post count? Reputation?

Trophies on my CP leave me cold.

Cloneman

Veteran
I'll take the 48 hr ban - then can go off to Butlin's for a romantic weekend -
As long as it's not Butlitz, do you remember that (1980)? Very un PC

The reason I say this as some mates got an army armoured car, dressed up as soldiers and stormed the camp, setting the prisoners FREE

Sorry if this is out of order, but i'm still laughing now

f-e

Mentor
Veteran
We can do that by restricting what nodes the points apply. It’s not clever enough to know what is and isn’t cannabis related but we can stop points being gained in certain forums. Two separate systems for canna and non cana is a no go. 👍
While it's heading in the right direction, it still doesn't quite get us to Butlins. The problem is 'like' is generally received for pictures not information.

You can join a site and just post 1 picture per post. In no time, you have more likes than posts. Never post two pics together, as they would have to share a like. Never say anything that can distract people from the picture. If you must make an introduction post, that is the only time for more than one pic. You want three. These will get liked later, but as a first post people just sit on the fence.

It's not unusual for people to come and say hello with a grow pic, then not post again until they get a like, or bored of waiting for one. It means a lot to some people. They have their heart set on joining a new forum and having the best post:like ratio there.

iu

tobedetermined

Premium user
ICMag Donor
I think that anyone who has a problem with the Trophies is just over-thinking them. They are a built-in feature with Xen and in the icmag forum they will have no real value. I posted an example of how boring they can be and whipedmeat posted a great example of how to turn them into some fun that reflects the amazing humour that floats around this site. Remember, what can be turned on, can be turned off and if they are irritating or distracting to the forum then they can be binned in the future.