What's new

Competition Trophies - Help us change them!

StevenHXF

Administrator
Some of you have noticed that you receive points for certain actions taking place on the forum. We're currently using the default set of XenForo trophies that top out at a maximum of 113 points.

There are a few of things wrong with the default set of trophies in Xen, first is that they top out at 113 points, second is the trophy titles SUCK and third is that they're fairly easy to max out.

We'd like your help to come up with a new list of trophies to replace the ones currently on the site. Why are we bothering? Well, ICMag is a bit special and we want something that feels a bit more unique. It's a way for everybody to get involved, it might be a bit of fun and at the same time will improve the forum better. We've set this as a competition because we'll award 50 points to any member who has a trophy title picked. :rasta: We need to figure out how to do that first. haha

What we'd like you do is to come up with a trophy title that would ideally be related to cannabis or the scene in some way, for example the default First message could be changed to something like First Toke or First Hit. As well as the trophy title we need to know what action triggers it and the number of points that should be awarded. We've added an attachment image to this thread that shows you the triggers we can set. You can see a list of the current trophies below:

• First message = 1 point
    Post a message somewhere on the site to receive this.
  • Somebody likes you = 2 points
    Somebody out there reacted positively to one of your messages. Keep posting like that for more!
  • Keeps coming back = 5 points
    30 messages posted. You must like it here!
  • Can't stop! = 10 points
    You've posted 100 messages. I hope this took you more than a day!
  • I like it a lot = 10 points
    Your messages have been positively reacted to 25 times.
  • Seriously likeable! = 15 points
    Content you have posted has attracted a positive reaction score of 100.
  • Addicted = 20 points
    1,000 messages? Impressive!
  • Can't get enough of your stuff = 20 points
    Your content has been positively reacted to 250 times.
  • I LOVE IT! = 30 points
    Content you have posted has attracted 500 positive reactions.
The rules
Must be cannabis related or related to the cannabis in some way
Must NOT be obscene or contain profanity
You must include the action required to trigger a trophy award and the amount of points to be given

The awards
50 trophy points to anybody who has a trophy picked

Notes
Winners will be picked from submissions based on the number of reactions a submission gets. Basically, the more likes or love a post in this tread gets the more likely it is to be picked. We want to end up with 20 trophies in total and need to replace all of the current trophies for this to be complete. We're going to make the highest point total you can get equal 420 so we will have to keep the point awards low and might need to tweak suggested point awards so they fit properly.

Let us now if you have any questions, I'll start off with my submission below this post. Please try and get everybody involved. It will hurt my feelings if this falls on its arse.

Happy Friday! :groupwave:

These are different to the reaction score which will be looked at another time if this gets done. 🙈

Attachments

• trophy-conditions.jpg
    trophy-conditions.jpg
    331.2 KB · Views: 221
Last edited:

StevenHXF

Administrator
I'm going to go for an easy one. :greenstars:

Trophy Title: First Toke
Action: User has posted at least 1 post

WHIPEDMEAT

Modortalan
Supermod
Veteran
🍆 Special 🍆
is that possible to give trophies for other actions ( likes/given or recieved, pictures uploaded, followers, etc)

StevenHXF

Administrator
is that possible to give trophies for other actions ( likes/given or recieved, pictures uploaded, etc)

The actions that can trigger an award are all shown in the attachment in the original post. (y)

Pictures uploaded and reaction points are included in the list, so yeah.

tobedetermined

Premium user
ICMag Donor
On the growing theme . . .

Trophy Title
Trophy Points
Action
First Sprout
1​
First post
Seedling
5​
First picture post
3rd Node
5​
Achieved 10 Posts
Topped
10​
Achieved 25 Posts
Vegging 101
25​
Achieved 100 Posts
Defol Bonus
25​
Posted 10 Pictures
12/12 Baby!
100​
Achieved 500 Posts
I'm Flowering
420​
Achieved 1000 Posts
Mainline bonus points
50​
Posted 25 Pictures
Supercrop bonus points
25​
Posted 1 Video
PK bonus points
25​
10 likes on a post

WHIPEDMEAT

Modortalan
Supermod
Veteran
🍆 Special 🍆
Trophy
Action
This should definitely be a joint decisionFirst post
All I weed is you5 posts
High on success100 posts
I’m going to be blunt, you’re amazing1000 posts
Living the high life5000 posts
Give and toke1 likes
Growing like a weed25 likes
You toke my breath away500
The name’s Bong… James Bong5000 likes
Flower to the people1 albums created
Insta-gram5 albums created
Star Buds25 albums created
Herbivoire100 albums created
This is tyranny!100 posts in the speakers corner
Do you know who I am?500 posts in the speakers corner
How dare you speak to me that way!1000 posts in the speakers corner
I refuse to follow your orders!5000 posts in the speakers corner

:D

mojave green

rockin in the free world
Veteran
Trophy
Action
This should definitely be a joint decisionFirst post
All I weed is you5 posts
High on success100 posts
I’m going to be blunt, you’re amazing1000 posts
Living the high life5000 posts
Give and toke1 likes
Growing like a weed25 likes
You toke my breath away500
The name’s Bong… James Bong5000 likes
Flower to the people1 albums created
Insta-gram5 albums created
Star Buds25 albums created
Herbivoire100 albums created
This is tyranny!100 posts in the speakers corner
Do you know who I am?500 posts in the speakers corner
How dare you speak to me that way!1000 posts in the speakers corner
I refuse to follow your orders!5000 posts in the speakers corner

:D
Perfect!

PANIKZ

Vendor
Veteran
This is a great idea , im very much liking the funny meme names i think we can make some good funny phrases if we all bang our heads together what do you think @Gypsy Nirvana ? input some of that great English humour old bean lets get this set up ..

im also happy to supply some free packs of seeds, Icmag grinders possibley Icmag Tshirts or hats if we get some printed up for the hardcore members that reach the 420 trophy limit.. :headbange

Cvh

Supermod
Free ☕
Maybe also a trophy system for grow diaries created and tutorials. The prefix system.

I think a trophy for diaries might be interesting for vendors also on who they could select to do a sponsored grow.

Is it technically possible to award points/trophies on prefix usage?

StevenHXF

Administrator
Maybe also a trophy system for grow diaries created and tutorials. The prefix system.

I think a trophy for diaries might be interesting for vendors also on who they could select to do a sponsored grow.

Is it technically possible to award points/trophies on prefix usage?
Not currently. If we come up with a decent list of trophies we'll look into hooking into more actions than possible by default.

Update: Just looked at this and it should be simple enough to set up a custom rule that is applied outside of the XenForo dashboard. Like I said though, we'd probably look at doing this after we have our initial list changed.

Reactions: Cvh

flylowgethigh

Non-growing Lurker
ICMag Donor
One of the best features of the software that was used before the disastrous migration, was the rep page. A person could throw up a quick PM there also.

The little green squares were worthless and a waste of space. I have no idea how that one red muppet got all red squares.

If that rep page and system could be emulated and brought back, I believe it would be a plus.

Talk about points, the Rocky Mountain Squid broke the counter.

StevenHXF

Administrator
One of the best features of the software that was used before the disastrous migration, was the rep page. A person could throw up a quick PM there also.

The little green squares were worthless and a waste of space. I have no idea how that one red muppet got all red squares.

If that rep page and system could be emulated and brought back, I believe it would be a plus.

Talk about points, the Rocky Mountain Squid broke the counter.
Agreed @flylowgethigh but I'd like to sort out the standard trophies first. Any suggestions on the names, triggers and points would be (y)

flylowgethigh

Non-growing Lurker
ICMag Donor
You mean like their title or description or coolness factor changes with more 'points'? No

I also believe the 'recs' should be between the 'reccer' and the 'reccee' only (points can be shown), to avoid the divisiveness that non-growers have permeated this site with.

But that rep page was the first place I went when I logged in. I could see what threads/posts were active, and the PMs were nice also.

StevenHXF

Administrator
now you all have this except the messages with the rep/like system it is called reactions
Yes exactly, the trophies are awarded automatically by the forum. The 'rep' score is replaced by the reactions in Xen, there is the option to add more options to the reactions as well as allowing users to add a comment along with their reaction. The points from the reactions can also be used in conjunction with the automated trophies. Both systems do need more bells and whistles bolted on but there's other stuff that needs doing first.

The idea behind this thread is that it would be a quick and easy thing to change, would hopefully be a bit of a laugh and hopefully people wouldn't lose their shit because it didn't work like x y or z. (y)