What's new

Competition Trophies - Help us change them!

Montuno

...como el Son...
Some of you have noticed that you receive points for certain actions taking place on the forum. We're currently using the default set of XenForo trophies that top out at a maximum of 113 points.

There are a few of things wrong with the default set of trophies in Xen, first is that they top out at 113 points, second is the trophy titles SUCK and third is that they're fairly easy to max out.

We'd like your help to come up with a new list of trophies to replace the ones currently on the site. Why are we bothering? Well, ICMag is a bit special and we want something that feels a bit more unique. It's a way for everybody to get involved, it might be a bit of fun and at the same time will improve the forum better. We've set this as a competition because we'll award 50 points to any member who has a trophy title picked. :rasta: We need to figure out how to do that first. haha

What we'd like you do is to come up with a trophy title that would ideally be related to cannabis or the scene in some way, for example the default First message could be changed to something like First Toke or First Hit. As well as the trophy title we need to know what action triggers it and the number of points that should be awarded. We've added an attachment image to this thread that shows you the triggers we can set. You can see a list of the current trophies below:

• First message = 1 point
    Post a message somewhere on the site to receive this.
  • Somebody likes you = 2 points
    Somebody out there reacted positively to one of your messages. Keep posting like that for more!
  • Keeps coming back = 5 points
    30 messages posted. You must like it here!
  • Can't stop! = 10 points
    You've posted 100 messages. I hope this took you more than a day!
  • I like it a lot = 10 points
    Your messages have been positively reacted to 25 times.
  • Seriously likeable! = 15 points
    Content you have posted has attracted a positive reaction score of 100.
  • Addicted = 20 points
    1,000 messages? Impressive!
  • Can't get enough of your stuff = 20 points
    Your content has been positively reacted to 250 times.
  • I LOVE IT! = 30 points
    Content you have posted has attracted 500 positive reactions.
The rules
Must be cannabis related or related to the cannabis in some way
Must NOT be obscene or contain profanity
You must include the action required to trigger a trophy award and the amount of points to be given

The awards
50 trophy points to anybody who has a trophy picked

Notes
Winners will be picked from submissions based on the number of reactions a submission gets. Basically, the more likes or love a post in this tread gets the more likely it is to be picked. We want to end up with 20 trophies in total and need to replace all of the current trophies for this to be complete. We're going to make the highest point total you can get equal 420 so we will have to keep the point awards low and might need to tweak suggested point awards so they fit properly.

Let us now if you have any questions, I'll start off with my submission below this post. Please try and get everybody involved. It will hurt my feelings if this falls on its arse.

Happy Friday! :groupwave:

No points and no nonsense....That for tennis.
Here, so much better Gypsy' seeds...(I was going to write in brackets that it was a joke...)

exploziv

pure dynamite
Administrator
Veteran
This is a great idea , im very much liking the funny meme names i think we can make some good funny phrases if we all bang our heads together what do you think @Gypsy Nirvana ? input some of that great English humour old bean lets get this set up ..

im also happy to supply some free packs of seeds, Icmag grinders possibley Icmag Tshirts or hats if we get some printed up for the hardcore members that reach the 420 trophy limit.. :headbange
A "I have 420 points on IcMag!" t-shirt? :muahaha:

CannaRed

Cannabinerd
This sounds counter productive, but is there a way to have two separate reputation scores?
Like one rep that is strictly for grow info, and another one for the shit that happens in speakers corner? I always thought it was weird that members could positive reputation from posts that weren't related to cannabis growing.
Or just totally remove rep from non cannabis related posts.
I always tried to stay away from speakers corner posts, because I didn't want my positive rep to come from political memes and such.

StevenHXF

Administrator
Or just totally remove rep from non cannabis related posts.
I always tried to stay away from speakers corner posts, because I didn't want my positive rep to come from political memes and such.
We can do that by restricting what nodes the points apply. It’s not clever enough to know what is and isn’t cannabis related but we can stop points being gained in certain forums. Two separate systems for canna and non cana is a no go. 👍

unclefishstick

Fancy Janitor
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Trophy
Action
This should definitely be a joint decisionFirst post
All I weed is you5 posts
High on success100 posts
I’m going to be blunt, you’re amazing1000 posts
Living the high life5000 posts
Give and toke1 likes
Growing like a weed25 likes
You toke my breath away500
The name’s Bong… James Bong5000 likes
Flower to the people1 albums created
Insta-gram5 albums created
Star Buds25 albums created
Herbivoire100 albums created
This is tyranny!100 posts in the speakers corner
Do you know who I am?500 posts in the speakers corner
How dare you speak to me that way!1000 posts in the speakers corner
I refuse to follow your orders!5000 posts in the speakers corner

:D
ow!,my punny bone!

GMT

The Tri Guy
Veteran
Does it have to be cheesy and corny? The kids are on Instagram these days, this tends to be an old farts hang out now. As an old fart, I like it this way. At least have top tier " is beyond trophies".

Gypsy Nirvana

Recalcitrant Reprobate -
Administrator
Veteran
excellent idea ,
too stone for give any proposition this evening but will brainstorming tomorow ....

seems IC will be greatest than ever !

:smoky:
Yeah - that! - its interesting - trying to figure out how to reward each other - lol - fun too - and would be great if we could somehow leave a little message with our given rep/karma or whatever you want to call it - but maybe the software doesn't allow for it - possibly - some bright spark has made some bolt-on module that might give us that option - as we did have it back in the past on the VB software - before we upgraded to V5 - otherwise we will just have to go with what we have in this Xenforo package - I suppose - but then I'm no expert on what is possible - StevenHFX would know more - for sure -

StevenHXF

Administrator
89C28BBE-A530-4789-82D4-B6AA3E975F81.jpeg

exploziv

pure dynamite
Administrator
Veteran
I think we're lucky the void of space keeps @stevenxhf here and working for our forum..

Gypsy Nirvana

Recalcitrant Reprobate -
Administrator
Veteran
- its always hard to move on from the old - to the new - but StevenHXF - looks to have a grasp of what is possible/feasible - so I do understand - what we have to work with - is this 'Trophy' system -

- get it working - then we shall see if its a feature that endears members to ICMAG - or not - hopefully so -