What's new
  • ICMag and The Vault are running a NEW contest! You can check it here. Prizes are seeds & forum premium access. Come join in!

Trinity (as described by Jason King in The Cannabible Vol. #1)

Bigcrawdaddy2.0

All that proves is the guy that Notso was PM'ing with no longer has the cut with all seriousness. Its widely known the cut was passed out to others decades ago. I am sure you may have heard of cloning a form of asexual propogation? Trinity was highly regarded and remains so. I am not one to waste my valuable time arguing over this.

Time to roast some Trinity!
Sounds like you’re scared to hear the truth bro. You can’t sit there and laugh at me and other people, saying us young dudes don’t know anything, and then refuse to ask the creator of the strain if you have the real thing. You are worried you might look like a hot head for no reason and be wrong. That pride shit will kill ya brother, enjoy your “Trinity” either way, but if I were you and I was so set on having the real deal, I’d wanna prove all these young punks how wrong they were and how real my Trinity cut was. Give respect, get respect, that whole young guys don’t know what they’re talking about will bite you in the ass for making friends with dudes that have good connections. Food for thought, enjoy your day either way

Munson

Veteran
Pnw corn might be in that same family as well. Somebody needs to get trinity, ffx four way, pnw corn, and maybe shoreline in the same room

LostTribe

Premium user
Placed on the ignore list.

Back to Trinity. I had messeged with Caleb at CSI years ago and only recall he didnt have any s1 and didnt have much info for me on the cut.

Waiting to hear back from another on how long they've had their particular cut which sounds like it could be older than mine. Mine's certainly not going anywhere, just like my Sour D.

Last edited:

Nextofkin

Everything smelled like skunk back then if you can remember back to when you first started out or were young.
Almost every sack I got as a teenager reeked like skunk.
It’s just like wine, you eventually gain a palette.

LostTribe

Premium user
Trinity
20240521_114155.jpg
20240521_114145.jpg
About 6.5w

kro-magnon

Veteran
Everything smelled like skunk back then if you can remember back to when you first started out or were young.
Almost every sack I got as a teenager reeked like skunk.
It’s just like wine, you eventually gain a palette.
It's very true, I don't smell and taste the buds the same way I did 30 years ago and I sometimes worry I don't smell them in all their capacities anymore since a few years. My taste also changed over the years, before I prefered buds who had a few months of storage and now I enjoy them very fresh, they are they most enjoyable for me in the first weeks after drying and I rarely keep any flowers any longer than 4/6 weeks in jars.

JetLife175

Veteran
Shoreline is doable.
Pretty sure where she’s at.
Hogsbreath is the one I’m gunning for at the moment.
Man if you can find a hogsbreath cut I got a shoreline with your name on it. That's one that I have been looking for for ages but from what I know she's long gone. Stayed super locked down in San Diego for a while and died with the crew.

Cannavore

Veteran
I've had this cut come out with a wide swing in terps depending on how it was grown. Some summer month hot harvests it smelled more or less just like a Double IPA - citrusy, dank, skunky, herbal w/ a healthy dose of that sweet malty/musk, while the better runs were more of that "green beer bottle/heinekin" skunk smell with a nice astringency like acetone or cat piss or something old school plus the sweet in the back.

The one everyone grows now was re-sourced within the online community by 2dog aka 2dogwalker aka Two Dog Seeds. When we first got in back in like 2016? Nspecta seemed pretty sure it was the one lol, even showing it to old Jerome Baker heads and they said it seems like the one. Then riot showed it to other dudes in that crew or who were around at the time and said it wasn't the one o_O. Some people in that crew reportedly have Trinity nugs from the 90s in their freezer but i don't think anything new information wise has come from that since i heard riot mention it.

it's a nice plant regardless if "real". easy to grow, but doesn't handle mold too well inside if your enviro isnt dialed.

Cannavore

Veteran
post from Nspecta that I saved from 2016ish at another place. he seemed to think it was related to 4way and hum snow, too.

"My boys in Mendocino who have grown the authentic Trinity clone from Eugene, OR since the mid-late 90's verified this cut of Trinity as the Original...for what it's worth.

Thanks to our boy 2dog for sourcing the cut and sharing it with us.

The history of Trinity has no relation to OGK...but it shares similar genetics to the plants my friends and family were growing in the 80's and 90's around the Emerald Triangle. This fellow Shaver (RIP) was buying pounds down in Southern Humboldt back in the early-mid 90's and bringing them back up to Eugene...he found some seeds in these Humboldt pounds and sprouted them...his keepers he named Trinity, Snow, & 4way. Shaver worked for/with Jerome Baker, in the early years, and shared the cuts with the studio of 40+ glass blowers. The Trinity cut spread from there. It has no solid genetic background obviously...just another bagseed find...same as all the other bag seeds from Afghani, Pakistani, Indian, Thai, Mexican, Columbian, etc...weed."

LostTribe

Premium user
I've had this cut come out with a wide swing in terps depending on how it was grown. Some summer month hot harvests it smelled more or less just like a Double IPA - citrusy, dank, skunky, herbal w/ a healthy dose of that sweet malty/musk, while the better runs were more of that "green beer bottle/heinekin" skunk smell with a nice astringency like acetone or cat piss or something old school plus the sweet in the back.

The one everyone grows now was re-sourced within the online community by 2dog aka 2dogwalker aka Two Dog Seeds. When we first got in back in like 2016? Nspecta seemed pretty sure it was the one lol, even showing it to old Jerome Baker heads and they said it seems like the one. Then riot showed it to other dudes in that crew or who were around at the time and said it wasn't the one o_O. Some people in that crew reportedly have Trinity nugs from the 90s in their freezer but i don't think anything new information wise has come from that since i heard riot mention it.

it's a nice plant regardless if "real". easy to grow, but doesn't handle mold too well inside if your enviro isnt dialed.
Matt Riot showed it to people but he didnt have it previously I bet you and Notso would not entertain my request for discussion on the cultivar multiple times now. My mentor held this for a bit around 2002 and it gave me very similar results which I cannot find any issue with even though he was in pro mix and I ran her in hydro mostly. Same mammoth structure, euphoric high and massive buds. Excellent taste, top production, Classico.

Trinity clone only, pictures taken end of week 3 outdoors. Indoor picture trinity mom is on the left. I sourced this clone from someone who is friends with the old school glassblowers in the Oregon. She is pungent, hint of fermenting fruit and loud! Said to have been a grapefruit Afghani x skunk 1 x (my personal opinion northern lights) , very similar structure and resin to a northern lights clone I grew around 2013. Holding a few clone onlys including, tk, santa cruz blue dream, chem d original cutting, hells og, gg4 original cutting, kosher kush, thin mint gsc

Attachments

• 20240328_121627.jpg
    20240328_121627.jpg
    2.3 MB · Views: 5
  • 20240904_105335.jpg
    20240904_105335.jpg
    1.7 MB · Views: 7
  • 20240904_105738.jpg
    20240904_105738.jpg
    1.8 MB · Views: 7
  • 20240904_105722.jpg
    20240904_105722.jpg
    1.6 MB · Views: 9
  • 20240907_140458.jpg
    20240907_140458.jpg
    2.8 MB · Views: 7
  • 20240909_092313.jpg
    20240909_092313.jpg
    2.7 MB · Views: 5
  • 20240909_092345.jpg
    20240909_092345.jpg
    2.3 MB · Views: 4
  • 20240912_091008.jpg
    20240912_091008.jpg
    1.4 MB · Views: 4
  • 20240912_101944.jpg
    20240912_101944.jpg
    1.5 MB · Views: 5
Last edited by a moderator:

Burt

Veteran
Sadly the trinity isn’t really an elite though, no matter how stinky she smells or the bountiful yields.
She’s about a 7.1. She is slightly better than midsy strength but is very easy to grow
I wouldn’t lose any sleep over a nostalgic cut that is hard to acquire. She is very much alive and held by a shit ton of Canadians eh on the west coast and into Alberta

Latest posts

Latest posts