What's new

Toyota FJ land cruiser?

Rollin Face

Hey Nok, man sorry i stumbled arcoss this soo late, but its funny cuz my fam owned both Land Cruiser and the FJ and man those FJ's are really neat, gat ride, traction on the road and cool 3 wiper blades. We owned a bright ass yellow one. lol

zingablack

livin my way the high way
Veteran
im kinda on the fence about the fjs i own a jeep cherokee that has seen some serious offroad action. only once i got stuck in mud for about 10 mins then i kinda just powered out no big deal about the brat im all for building your own if thats the route you choose a buildup thread would be cool.

o S4L unimogs are the shit do you kno how mann accesories you can get

panopticist

Sneak attack critical
Veteran
Glad you kept your distance from the FootJobs, Yukon...

Those things look ridiculous, not to mention could easily be outdone by the likes of a Wrangler...

NOKUY

Veteran
new FJ cruiser owner as of today. :headbange

i just hope its not sumthin that other FJ owners wanna wave and shit....i aint down with that.

ill wave to ganja peeps tho :wave:

G

congrats on buying that P.O.S....
i hope you got it in black.it may look half way decent...
now please give it a test run through your back yard...make sure you run over few trees....and up a few hills to the local starbucks...

NOKUY

Veteran
ash said:
congrats on buying that P.O.S....
i hope you got it in black.it may look half way decent...
now please give it a test run through your back yard...make sure you run over few trees....and up a few hills to the local starbucks...

lol...

i dont think it'll be a POS.

it performed better...FAR better gettin to my house (which is all 4x4 roads) than my GMC ever did.

plus the dogs can be in the back and close to us....where they were stuck in the truck bed before.

the fj has differential lock, and traction control, and i got the 6 speed manual which is always in 4 wheel drive.

...plus i can take a nap in the back, and plug in my laptop.

got it in silver, and with a roofrack and tow pkg.

i like it...sorry if ya dont...i aint sweatin it.

Last edited:

cesartime

Kudos on the new vehicle, I like the looks of em too just am kinda on the fence about them as they seem kinda "yuppie".

but glad you got one and enjoy it, how is the ride? is it noisy? what about gas mileage? and what is the asking price for one that is moderately equipped?

G

hey bro it's your $.
sounds good....all the gizmos and what not..
im just old fashion..maybe ignorant.
my grandfather fought the Japs...maybe yours did too.

hey,but thats me...
can you pick me up a McGriddle for the morning?

NOKUY

Veteran
cesartime said:
Kudos on the new vehicle, I like the looks of em too just am kinda on the fence about them as they seem kinda "yuppie".

but glad you got one and enjoy it, how is the ride? is it noisy? what about gas mileage? and what is the asking price for one that is moderately equipped?

the ride is nice def. not noisy...but my truck had studded mud tires on it....so was noisy...and i ride over the DEEP chopped yellow center yellow lines all the time.....just to piss peeps off behind me.

ill behave on the road a bit more now.

I didnt get black, i got the silver w/ white top, and roof rack. (i wanted black)

no biggie...silver was #2 choice ...its fully loaded so im fine w/ out black.

gas milage prolly isnt gonna be great, but i was drivin a big V8 before....so should be better.

Consumer Report has it list as one of the worst for visibility. Many blindspots. Im banking that it wont last very long in toyotas line up. Tundra, Tacoma, Camry, and Corolla are their #1s.
Im not hatin on Toyota. My first ride was a 77 FJ40 with the original inline six. But I read the above magazine...and they're generally spot on.

Ive heard that ones choice in cars is an extension of ones personality. Ill stick with looking for an old 77 than a new one.

Plus....i dig my quadrasteer over anything else.

cesartime

I was just reading up on those, and it says it requires premium fuel??

Thats a major bummer if true. And also how is the visibility in it? are you surrounded by blind spots??

Is there enough room to lay a young lady down in the back for some nice times if the situation arises?

If only they made a solid black one, then we'd be in business.

D Rock

HERBAL RELEAF PLANT A SEED START A WE
Veteran
I use to sell toyotas and actually went to a special 2 day training on the FJ. I dont remember any of it except that, It had the quickest time through the Rubicon Trail out of any other 4x4 vehicle on the market. It was real close with the Jeep Rubicon to me. I like the FJ alot ecspecially one with all the options and rock bars underneath and the fancy off road wheels and tires. Only thing is there are alot of blind spots but I could live with them. Great vehicle you got there bro.

Collie Man

Jeep rubicon is pretty sick. I like that car a lot and how it handles. My friend has a black FJ and black rims and its pretty nice looking. I drove in it a couple times but not enough to give you a report on it. But I do like the car but I don't think I would spend that extra money on that if you already have a couple cars...But do whatever you please!

NOKUY

Veteran
yeah i still love mine!

i was noticing how much money sum peeps are paying just to have the white top painted black....anywhere from 500 to 2500 bucks, and even seen some nice tops done up in carbon fiber and carbon fiber look paint.

i'll keep my top white cuz it's cooler in summer, and i hate heat.

i wish i could swing a badass camo paint job and a lift tho:
(look hard and see how the tint on this one matches the paint)
1248d1147316677-black-steel-wheels-camo_fj.jpg

JTEBU11F070023273-1219920_LG.jpg

IMG_0585.jpg

...and w/ the rooftent:
1972.jpg

DIGITALHIPPY

Veteran
NOKUY said:
I'm not into jeeps...wranglers actually suck in the snow regardless if you put the BEST tires on them, and all the weight in the world.

...jeeps just wanna spin like a top. (but they "look cool" on the beach) hehe :spank:
i dont know about that man, my stock I6 01' cherokee could get through 100yards of 3-4ft mud/water and be brown doing it. that thing was awsome i never got it stuck, and i think atleast 1/2 if note 3/4 the miles on it were from 'off roading' i personaly like your sierra, the new toyotas arnt what the old ones were, there too plasticy for my tastes. id have to say get a jeep, or throw some more money at your truck, another 2 or 4 additional inch lift would be nice.. maybe get yourself a luxary car to pimp around in, caddy's new STS & CTS are slick, the 300c srt's are dope, mercedes makes a solid car,02-04 430/500s' are cheap.

personaly im a car guy, i cant wait to get behind the wheel of a new camaro, or a loaded 'vett trucks are cool, and i like driving them, but not all the time, too much work it seams, i always hated parking in my old suburban. although that thing was a trouper, i could fill it with about anything i could dream/fit (hehehe) and again, more mudworks...haha

NOKUY

Veteran
well 4 anyone who cares i still love my FJ!

only thing i hate is the gas mileage.

and the windshield is odd.

other than that no complaints.

nycdfan042

Its COOL to DROOL!!!!!!
Veteran
NIce!! i love my subaru!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! but i gotta say those new camaros look fucking HOT!!!!!!!!!

Yo yukon its all about your preference...if you love your ride then More power to ya~!

flubnutz

stoned agin ...
Veteran
when i was checkin em out i noticed those big b-pillars, they must make for some big blind spots; but a big greenhouse might make it look goofy, tho i loved the original land cruisers which had more of that. i think theyre pretty sharp, i even like the retro blue/white like on the originals. id sure like to have one (if we rule out gas $$).

NOKUY

Veteran
blind spots are the name of the game in an FJ...but im good w/ mirrors.

i pulled a huge ass trailer from colorado to texas w/ it...and it was all mirror action.

pulled it great, but not like a truck.

they are supposed to have a green one for the 2009 models....i havent seen it, but if its "olive green metallic or pearl".... im trading mine in.