What's new

Toyota FJ land cruiser?

NOKUY

Veteran
I think Im gonna get one.

...I dont know why cuz I'm a Truck Guy, and I almost never carry a passenger...but that thing is sick and always gets my attention.

I can easily afford it, and my current truck ('04 GMC sierra short bed V8 stepside z71) IS almost paid off...so I might keep it too.

have any of you been in one?

any thoughts ojn the thing?

I like the black w/ white top...tho it looks like a cop car.

07_fj_cruiser11_1153958699.jpg

G

I watched a show on the outdoor channel a while ago with a guy test driving an fj cruiser offroad, it performed pretty well. looks pretty neat. nice interior. stock suicide doors are a neat addition too

07_fj_cruiser24_1153958740.jpg

07_fj_cruiser26_1153958952.jpg

Sammet

Med grower
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Hmm not my type of car really, but I've seen better looking trucks out there. Each to their own ;) If it's what you like man, go for it. I like the suicide doors!

This is my bag :D
21338DSC_0057_-_Copy.JPG

edit: This is what it reminded me of when I first saw it! hehe a new mini.

07_fj_cruiser11_1153958699.jpg

2133820060814-2007-mini-cooper-side.jpg

Last edited:

HCSmyth

I prefer the look of the Nissan Pathfinder over the FJ. I wanted a real SUV truck for a while but I am now thinking of getting a 3 series BMW.

big mike

i deal with them alot, i do not like them..
consumer reports doesnt like toyota anymore for some reason..

panopticist

Sneak attack critical
Veteran
What does FJ even stand for? Footjob?
Looks kinda like a restyled old-school surf wagon...

For some reason, I imagined you as a Jeep kinda guy Yukon...

Kaos!

Too much electronic stuff to go wrong.
It would'nt put-up with the roads(haha) that I have to take daily, or at least I would'nt rely on it to do so.
And most importantly, it would'nt haul much firewood.

If I had the money to buy an FJ, I'd buy an old Willy's, or a 60's model 4x4 with...a carbeurator....I hate fuel injection.

Kaos!

marx2k

Veteran
This thing looks awful. I mean, to each their own, but the only people driving these things around here are suburban 30-something's trying to hang onto their last bit of youth in a wife-approved vehicle. I know it's a remake of the old FJ Cruiser, but it's really, really ugly. Not even because of the roof (though that does add to it), but overall I just find it to be ridiculous looking. But again, to each their own. I'd say if you just got done paying off one expensive vehicle, what's the point of getting this one? These might be great offroad, but about 2% of the market (if that) will ever take it offroad. (Like most SUVs). The market is shrinking back from larger automobiles, and in a separate thread you mentioned that if we are at or past peak oil, you would be little affected by it, I think this would cause you to be somewhat MORE affected by it (in addition to the truck you already own).

Personally, if I lived outside of town, I'd probably own a pickup like you do for work and offroad reasons, and then a small car to get me around for general purposes.

But hey, again..that's me and my lifestyle, I guess, is a LOT different. I have a car (Grand Am), but 99 out of 100 days, I drive a bicycle :)

Yummybud

Veteran
well most new car designs these days look ultra lame.

lol, yeah people trying to hold on to their youth it's so true. Just like all the guys driving Hummers.

Yummybud

Veteran
Jack D Ripper said:
depths of OG only drives ferarris and lamborghinis.

lol. I don't even like the new lamborghinis and ferraris.

Lamborghini countach is my dream car, a real man's sports car.

PoppinFresh

I remember seein that @ the car show in NYC last year.... UGLY! I hated that thing. but i aint drivin it. i say get a jeep wrangler

BrainBoy

you guys are talking about looks like women. lets talk performance, on off road 4 x 4 they moded one with a half deceient after market kit and it was not half bad on the trails. i say go for it. black will look nice.

NOKUY

Veteran
marx2k said:
This thing looks awful. I mean, to each their own, but the only people driving these things around here are suburban 30-something's trying to hang onto their last bit of youth in a wife-approved vehicle. I know it's a remake of the old FJ Cruiser, but it's really, really ugly. Not even because of the roof (though that does add to it), but overall I just find it to be ridiculous looking. But again, to each their own. I'd say if you just got done paying off one expensive vehicle, what's the point of getting this one? These might be great offroad, but about 2% of the market (if that) will ever take it offroad. (Like most SUVs). The market is shrinking back from larger automobiles, and in a separate thread you mentioned that if we are at or past peak oil, you would be little affected by it, I think this would cause you to be somewhat MORE affected by it (in addition to the truck you already own).

Personally, if I lived outside of town, I'd probably own a pickup like you do for work and offroad reasons, and then a small car to get me around for general purposes.

But hey, again..that's me and my lifestyle, I guess, is a LOT different. I have a car (Grand Am), but 99 out of 100 days, I drive a bicycle :)

Nice!....Thats the slap in the face I needed!

something about it I do like tho :confused:

...but yeah my good ol' truck is the shit...and goes ANYWHERE.

I really do want to get an old subaru brat and make it into an off-road machine..(maybe i should just do that instead of a big ass new car payment on something that'll just get me laughed at)

Kaos!

Yummybud said:
huh? what's wrong with fuel injection? it's more reliable, more fuel efficient.

I run a Yaesu FT-900 (ham radio), with a 600+ watt amplifier, it would absolutely kill the fuel-injection "brain" in the first 2 seconds of Me yacking on My HF radio.

This would leave one stranded, and God knows how much replacement electronics for the fuel injection system would cost.

Kaos!

NOKUY

Veteran
PoppinFresh said:
I remember seein that @ the car show in NYC last year.... UGLY! I hated that thing. but i aint drivin it. i say get a jeep wrangler

I'm not into jeeps...wranglers actually suck in the snow regardless if you put the BEST tires on them, and all the weight in the world.

...jeeps just wanna spin like a top. (but they "look cool" on the beach) hehe :spank: