What's new

TOTALLY RANDOM POST II

shithawk420

Veteran
is anyone hear familiar with Shilajit? i guess its a resin found in the Himalayians? supposed to be good for men in particular and used in male supplements. was thinking about buying it raw and taking it. anyone have any thoughts?

Reactions: Gry

moose eater

Those Alaske Troopers are the best trained in the country. i bet those boys have seen some stuff up there. I wouldnt be naked but i would go a little wonky if someone tried to steal my dog. My dads ex girlfriend and her mother tried that shit. went there to get the dog and they started throwng soup cans at us. lucky for them i was only 14 or 15. i would not be so nice now. oh well got him back in the end.

Not related but over kinda close to wear i used to live they had a guy laying on some train tracks yesterday and luckily or not depending on how you see it the engineer pulled the breaks and i think it only got his legs. i think hes alive in critical condition. I think somebody tried to kill him. not sure about the whole story yet but there was a murder there not too long ago. this was Decatur IL

yeah when i hear raisins i automatically think prison hooch. they called it Buck Juice down south. not sure where the name came from. i dont like raisins myself but who cares when your locked up.I went to the pantry today but they were out of almost everything. only some cocktail fruit cups left. they will work but i would probably just put them in a cupboard and forget about them. i got a pantry this Thursday i will probably go to. they have grapefruits and oranges. i got plenty of apples.

I dont really have a lot of money to work with so im gonna try and do this as redneck as i can. need some cheap siphoning tubes, probably a funnel. cheese cloth.wish i could use an old shirt. dont know where to get a cheese cloth. these city slickers arent into making wine. All about the micro brews here

you dont even use an air lock? yeah that would work. ive seen people use ballons and condoms on smaller stuff like 2 liter bottles. what kinda yeast do you use? Isnt Turbo Yeast used for high ABV? sorry im pretty rusty with this stuff
Air-lock vents get used in secondary and tertiary fermentation.

A t-shirt that's been cleaned with no softener or toxic smelly detergents ought to work fine to cover the primary fermentation bucket for early initial fermentation.

Raisins are just shriveled up embittered old grapes that had a hard life and died slowly. But they have adequate sugars to drive the conversion into alcohol.

Dates, in my opinion, were probably the more likely source of the deeper flavor my wife attributed to raisins.

Anyway, I just pulled in from the highway after dip-netting at Chitina with my daughter. I'm whooped. I got 30 sockeye salmon, and one decent 20+-lb. king that I had to let go, as Fish & Game had closed kings for that river 3 days earlier on Sunday, which is my standard affiliation with Murphy where king salmon are concerned.

The river rose about 8" or so while we were there, and we appear to have lost 2 fish to the current. Shit happens when you've been awake for most of 2 days and the river is in full tilt rise mode from the heat melting the glaciers that feed it.

So, I've got 56 fillets to cold cure for smoking, and I need to order an ac compressor and an oil pan for the van. It seems someone used a floor jack on my new-ish oil pan on the van, likely thinking they had hold of a cross-member for supporting the jack, but they didn't. If folks are going to 'think' they need to do a thorough process.

I'll tightly wrap the fillets in a sort of bedroll configuration in heavy duty food wrap, laid side-by-side 2 runs wide, with 7 to 12 fillets per roll, and freeze them that way for a couple months at -15 to -20 Fahrenheit, then smoke them with alder for the white man style brine, and just rock salt and driftwood cottonwood for the traditional Alaska Native style strips. By the fall time when I smoke them at between 120 and 130 f. for the white man style brine, or 70-85 f. for the traditional Native style strips, our nighttime air and highs in the daytime will both be better suited for letting them 'glaze' as they await the actual smoke, letting the 'skin' set up on the meat.

Been a long time since I could open up one of the large upright freezers to find a bunch of smoked salmon in seals, take one out, snack some, and break it up to mix in some cream cheese, chives from the garden, a touch of garlic, a dash of Worcestershire Sauce, maybe a dash or two of hot sauce, and have such a delicacy on crackers, or.... ??

My body hurt badly when I woke up about 190 miles or so from my house, but I had to be coherent for driving, so I ate a half of a 5mg oxy, had three tokes of some Soul Mate, ate a half of a 200mg Provigil, and drank the last 1/3 or so cup of cold French roast coffee with 40% heavy whipping cream in it, but I made it.. hurting like a bastard. And now there's a shit ton of fish to process.

My daughter's out on the Gulf of Alaska right now catching halibut, rock fish, and whatever else. It's that time of year. Time to fatten up the freezers. I and my older son will be joining her down there on the 12th of July, to fish halibut, rockfish, ling cod, maybe some saltwater salmon and maybe some salmon shark on the13th of July, driving home with whatever stash of delectable fish on the 14th of July to process yet more fish.

Bring on the heavy metals.

Last edited:

shithawk420

Veteran
holy shit moose sounds like you got your work cut out for you. and your daughter is out catching halibut? is she single? just kidding buddy. i love halibut. probably my favorite fish.expensive too. i just might have to get me some halibut in the near future. and having all that salmon isnt a bad problem to have either

• Wow
Reactions: Gry

shithawk420

Veteran
holy shit moose sounds like you got your work cut out for you. and your daughter is out catching halibut? is she single? just kidding buddy. i love halibut. probably my favorite fish.i think we should have a battle of the fish. I think Salmon is the allround best fish but we need an official battle of the fish. Tuna is in the top 5 too.expensive too. i just might have to get me some halibut in the near future. and having all that salmon isnt a bad problem to have either

tobedetermined

Premium user
ICMag Donor
I tried a nug of legal weed that a bud left me. I have tried a shitload of legal hash and a few other concentrates but other than a nasty pre-roll or two I have not have any legal bud for 4 years or more since I grow my own. And it was not bad at all. It smacked me in the head and now it has gelled down to a nice high. Peanut Butter Breath by producer Spinach. Yeah . . . Spinach. I think that they had just smoked a big bowl when they thought up that name for the company or did some subsector in cannabis culture maybe call weed that? Anyways, the name behind the name is the Cronos Group who are reputedly on track to actually finally post a profit by 2026 . . .

It was free and it was good . . . oh wait . . . I still have some left . . . :rasta:

moose eater

Traditional Native Alaska-style Yukon River salmon strips.

When I first came to Alaska, a person could buy these in the 'gray market' for about $8/lb. Then they were $10 to $12. Now, once dried and processed, they go for upwards of $45 to $55/lb. But MAN are they tasty!!!

And even finding actual Yukon River king strips is becoming a thing of the past, but you can do the same thing with other oily salmon from long River journeys, like sockeye/red salmon, and even chum/dog salmon.

moose eater

1719618349413.png