What's new
  • ICMag and The Vault are running a NEW contest in October! You can check it here. Prizes are seeds & forum premium access. Come join in!

top of the heap to third world status in one generation

audiohi

Veteran
New York has a few officers

pwi0ranh4je81.jpg - Click image for larger version  Name:	pwi0ranh4je81.jpg Views:	1 Size:	139.9 KB ID:	18056953

St. Phatty

:D no, the police haven't been defunded, they're just picking 'em off 1 by 1

Hendersonville Police Dept. works to attract talent as application numbers down 400%

How can application numbers be down 400% ?

They went from 500 applications per month to -2000 applications per month ?

The most applications can fall is, 100%.

CosmicGiggle

Veteran
How can application numbers be down 400% ?

They went from 500 applications per month to -2000 applications per month ?

The most applications can fall is, 100%.
Stop making sense Phatty, I thought you were gonna complain that the applicants were described as 'talent', as if they were actors/entertainers or sumpin! :tongue::D;)

Cannavore

Veteran

Hendersonville Police Dept. works to attract talent as application numbers down 400%

HENDERSONVILLE, N.C. (WLOS) — Police staff shortage is an epidemic sweeping the nation, and that includes the western North Carolina mountains.
Hendersonville is one of those departments impacted by the shortage -- but the real issue the department is facing is lack of applicants.
“I even did some crossing guards a couple weeks ago, I’m still a police officer,” said Hendersonville Police Chief Blair Myhand.

Betcha China/Russia doesn't have this kinda problem! ;)

covid is picking them off one by one. two years in a row the leading cause of death for pigs has been covid. who would have thought a bunch of roided up alcoholic wife abusers who barely graduated high school would be against vaccination. i am shocked!

FKO13HHVcAEUst4?format=jpg&name=large.jpg

CosmicGiggle

Veteran
it's almost as if there is no correlation with a large police budget and them actually stopping crime from happening

What's the point? Judge grants bail and the career criminal is back on the street beating up folks, passing counterfeit bills and turned into a Saint. :D

........... Don't think they have these problems in China/Russia. :tongue:

big315smooth

mama tried
Veteran
as much as i hate cops i never thought defunding them would be a good idea. i can handle my own out there but alot cant itd be anarchy

Cannavore

Veteran
What's the point? Judge grants bail and the career criminal is back on the street beating up folks, passing counterfeit bills and turned into a Saint. :D

........... Don't think they have these problems in China/Russia. :tongue:

that still doesn't explain the complete ineffectiveness of the police. only 2% of major crimes are solved within a given year.

in any other circumstance this wouldn't fly. imagine hiring a worker and the worker only does 2% of their overall labor output in a year... they would be fired. police are instead rewarded for their incompetence.

we don't need a national police budget that is larger than china's entire military budget.

CosmicGiggle

Veteran
that still doesn't explain the complete ineffectiveness of the police. only 2% of major crimes are solved within a given year.

Howz about ala the penal institutions bursting at the seams, how do you explain that away??? :tongue:

I'm beginning to understand and appreciate totalitarian governments 'cause they seem to have this problem under control, sorry! :shucks:

JKD

Veteran
Russian organised crime is practically a government department.

I posted an article earlier in the thread on US policing for profit if you’re interested in one source of high arrest/prosecution numbers.

armedoldhippy

Veteran

HENDERSONVILLE, N.C. (WLOS) — Police staff shortage is an epidemic sweeping the nation, and that includes the western North Carolina mountains.
Hendersonville is one of those departments impacted by the shortage -- but the real issue the department is facing is lack of applicants.
“I even did some crossing guards a couple weeks ago, I’m still a police officer,” said Hendersonville Police Chief Blair Myhand.

i don't doubt that many officers will leave when they realize that the "good ol' days" of getting away with murder, theft, & assault are gone. good riddance, too.

armedoldhippy

Veteran
Howz about ala the penal institutions bursting at the seams, how do you explain that away??? :tongue:

I'm beginning to understand and appreciate totalitarian governments 'cause they seem to have this problem under control, sorry! :shucks:

over-policing and private prisons for profit, with the states guaranteeing minimum of 90% occupancy. anything that offends the powers that be eventually is made illegal, like weed, for example. might be voting next. just how far back in the woods do you live, anyway? if they would quit fucking with potheads & people with a tail light out, they might have the time (and the manpower) to deal with for-real honest to God criminals. but that is dangerous, huh? no way in hell do they want to do that...not those that quit, anyway.

Gry

Veteran

Can not speak to Russia, but in China the people loved and treasured their country.
Which in turn left me with admiration for their values.
Here we are cursed by endless media that train our population to have contempt for life itself.
Meanwhile the rest of the world awaits a chance at resources we extorted since WWI,
forgetting the promises that we made in our hour of need, over and over.
Five percent of the population controlling the vast majority of the resources.
A uniquely corporate situation, that we get the bill for over and over.

Cannavore

Veteran
imagine being on a weed growing forum while thinkign we need more police in the country

this concept is so outrageous i dont want to type anymore akhfbakjnfkajsnfkjansfdasd. fuck all law enforcement.

Latest posts

Latest posts