What's new
  • ICMag and The Vault are running a NEW contest in October! You can check it here. Prizes are seeds & forum premium access. Come join in!

top of the heap to third world status in one generation

CosmicGiggle

Veteran
LOL, cursive started dying out the moment Elementary schools allowed students to start calling the ballpoint pen a 'stick' pen or 'ink' pen and tolerated students' inability to move beyond simple block letters.

......... that's the point when education became dumbed down to accommodate the masses. :)

Gry

Veteran
that was a long read, Gry, but worth the time it took. that shit does not break down upon entering the environment from what i have read. thanks for posting...👍

The history behind this chemistry and those who produce it, is simply shameful.

Gry

Veteran
Love what they accomplished with the creation of Antifa. A novel means with which to convince a generation into accepting that which their
grandparents did fight against.

armedoldhippy

Veteran
Newly Declassified Video Shows U.S. Killing of 10 Civilians in Drone Strike

The New York Times obtained footage of the botched strike in Kabul, whose victims included seven children, through a Freedom of Information Act lawsuit.
https://www.nytimes.com/2022/01/19/u...imes&smtyp=cur

The more closely one looks ...

i'd bet there are more. you cannot fight a war without some collateral damage. you can't. but trying to fight one by remote control on the other side of the planet relying on uncertain intelligence guarantees that fuckups are going to happen, and more often than you thought. sure they might drone-strike the house they were aiming at, but what if its the wrong house? . fucking cops kick doors in at the wrong house every damn day, and they are standing on the porch looking at the house number and STILL go in the wrong place. how many people in this country would die if LEO used drones to "protect the feet on the ground" ?

moose eater

Love what they accomplished with the creation of Antifa. A novel means with which to convince a generation into accepting that which their
grandparents did fight against.

Or 'How to make fascism attractive in 2 summers, and 12 easy steps.... and a fair bit of media spin.'

Or, 'How to create an organization that's not an organization at all and have them become responsible for everything the media tells others to hate.'

moose eater

i'd bet there are more. you cannot fight a war without some collateral damage. you can't. but trying to fight one by remote control on the other side of the planet relying on uncertain intelligence guarantees that fuckups are going to happen, and more often than you thought. sure they might drone-strike the house they were aiming at, but what if its the wrong house? . fucking cops kick doors in at the wrong house every damn day, and they are standing on the porch looking at the house number and STILL go in the wrong place. how many people in this country would die if LEO used drones to "protect the feet on the ground" ?

If we look at the civilian casualties in Syria, courtesy of our missiles, as well as manned (womanned?) aircraft, I think it's clear that collateral damage was greater than military targets suffered.

But when the Top .5% of our wealthy folks are making Big Bucks on death and destruction, that's no time to grow a conscience. It might interfere with all of those massive stock earnings we were reading about a couple of months ago or so.

Not to mention the sale of confetti and pom-poms.

armedoldhippy

Veteran
If we look at the civilian casualties in Syria, courtesy of our missiles, as well as manned (womanned?) aircraft, I think it's clear that collateral damage was greater than military targets suffered.

But when the Top .5% of our wealthy folks are making Big Bucks on death and destruction, that's no time to grow a conscience. It might interfere with all of those massive stock earnings we were reading about a couple of months ago or so.

Not to mention the sale of confetti and pom-poms.

i read in news today (can't remember at moment where) that the ten wealthiest men in the worlds' net worth has doubled during the Covid-19 clusterfuck. disasters always present opportunity for those with the money/pull to twist it to their advantage. gotta have money to make money. well, who the fuck has the most money? yup...

Gry

Veteran
Imagine we will find out sooner than we would care to.

h.h.

Veteran
Watching Fox . The same commentators praising trump for kissing Putin’s ass are now faulting Biden for not being tough enough on russia.

Gry

Veteran
Have heard several descriptions of genius. Always thought that someone who could build/construct/modify something
that it would be of use to society might qualify.
Here is a fellow who built a system which I continue to find simply amazing.
Name of the system is Ragged Chutes, which was done by a man named Charles Havelock Taylor
Ragged Chute Air Plant: Now You're Digging With Gas!
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yvgNqIuz2GM

buzzmobile

Veteran
Have heard several descriptions of genius. Always thought that someone who could build/construct/modify something
that it would be of use to society might qualify.
Here is a fellow who built a system which I continue to find simply amazing.
Name of the system is Ragged Chutes, which was done by a man named Charles Havelock Taylor
Ragged Chute Air Plant: Now You're Digging With Gas!
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yvgNqIuz2GM

That's filed in my Watch Later bin. Thanks, Gry.