What's new
  • ICMag and The Vault are running a NEW contest in October! You can check it here. Prizes are seeds & forum premium access. Come join in!

top of the heap to third world status in one generation

armedoldhippy

Veteran
I walked barefoot from Fernandina Beach to New York City in 1976. I left April 18 and my walk ended on July 4 when NYPD delivered me to Bellevue. I had a good view of the East River.

Must have been the white robe I was wearing.
:D

damn, dude! you might as well have hiked the Appalachian Trail if you're gonna walk that far! the beach IS flatter, and a lot fewer bears i bet...😉 probably more girls in bikinis too.

Gry

Veteran
Believe it likely that the virus was created in and by the US with the intent of
using it as part of an over all full court press against China.
I think it no coincidence we have groups here financing an anti vax anti mask perspective.
Would not be surprised to see other virus of a similar nature in the future.

armedoldhippy

Veteran
Believe it likely that the virus was created in and by the US with the intent of
using it as part of an over all full court press against China.
I think it no coincidence we have groups here financing an anti vax anti mask perspective.
Would not be surprised to see other virus of a similar nature in the future.

i'll be surprised if we ever truly find out where it originated 100%. China has obstructed WHOs looking into it from the onset, but...they have ALWAYS been over-protective/secretive RE anything that might not look good on them. there is no group view so outrageous that someone cannot see an angle to make money on & finance an opposition. there are lots of coronavirus types. supposedly 7 different "families" and unknown numbers of variants cruising around mucking things up. some deadly, many not. mutations happening ...i just can't WAIT to see what the future holds...

Gry

Veteran
i'll be surprised if we ever truly find out where it originated 100%. China has obstructed WHOs looking into it from the onset, but...they have ALWAYS been over-protective/secretive RE anything that might not look good on them. there is no group view so outrageous that someone cannot see an angle to make money on & finance an opposition. there are lots of coronavirus types. supposedly 7 different "families" and unknown numbers of variants cruising around mucking things up. some deadly, many not. mutations happening ...i just can't WAIT to see what the future holds...

I do not think that we ever will find out who did it. Things gets wiped, and the media is always ready with a new distraction when needed.
No country has suffered more than China under weapons of this sort. Japan used the country as a test lab, what they did there has never really been made public, in fact the opposite is true.
A lot of the reason for that was that many "Western POWs from WWII, were used in very sick experimentation.
The post WWII intent was to get the economy of Japan up and running again,
and that would have been one hell of a lot more difficult had the public known the extent of what took place.
So it was suppressed. Our media acted as if the European atrocity was the more obscene.

Gry

Veteran
Allen Macy Dulles Jr., 1930-2020
Korean War veteran remembered for ‘unparalleled’ bravery

U.S. Marine veteran Allen Macy Dulles Jr. will be remembered by many for his service during the Korean War that earned him a Silver Star and Purple Heart.

But close family and others who knew him well said they also will recall Dulles’ infectious smile, kind heart, bravery and intellect.

Dulles died Tuesday at Christus St. Vincent Regional Medical Center after contracting COVID-19. He was 90
Alexandra Buresch said her uncle was a kind man who held onto his military accoutrements, despite a debilitating head injury from his combat service that derailed what many believed would be a bright future for an extraordinarily intelligent young man.

Dulles was born in 1930 in New York City, the son of Clover Todd and Allen Welsh Dulles, who gained fame as the first civilian director of the CIA.

As a child, Allen Macy Dulles Jr. attended Phillips Exeter Academy, a boarding school in New Hampshire, where he showed an interest in ancient Greek history and political science. He later enrolled at Princeton University, where he would spend three years before attending Oxford University. He graduated from Princeton summa cum laude in 1951.

He went on to join the U.S. Marine Corps and was commissioned as a second lieutenant in 1952.

But his service in the Korean War was cut short after just two weeks on the front lines.

Dulles, then 22, was struck by shrapnel from a mortar shell that penetrated his helmet. The injury damaged his short-term memory and left him with keyhole vision and a loss of hearing in his left ear. It also whittled away his executive functions.

Dulles was awarded the Silver Star for valor in combat and the Purple Heart.

“His act of bravery was unparalleled,” said A. Robert Abboud, who served with Dulles in Korea. The two also were members of competing debate teams in college.

Abboud described Dulles as “a true American, a down-to-earth, brilliant young man” who had an unwavering commitment to serving his country.
Alexandra Buresch said her uncle was a kind man who held onto his military accoutrements, despite a debilitating head injury from his combat service that derailed what many believed would be a bright future for an extraordinarily intelligent young man.

Dulles was born in 1930 in New York City, the son of Clover Todd and Allen Welsh Dulles, who gained fame as the first civilian director of the CIA.

As a child, Allen Macy Dulles Jr. attended Phillips Exeter Academy, a boarding school in New Hampshire, where he showed an interest in ancient Greek history and political science. He later enrolled at Princeton University, where he would spend three years before attending Oxford University. He graduated from Princeton summa cum laude in 1951.

He went on to join the U.S. Marine Corps and was commissioned as a second lieutenant in 1952.

But his service in the Korean War was cut short after just two weeks on the front lines.

Dulles, then 22, was struck by shrapnel from a mortar shell that penetrated his helmet. The injury damaged his short-term memory and left him with keyhole vision and a loss of hearing in his left ear. It also whittled away his executive functions.

“His act of bravery was unparalleled,” said A. Robert Abboud, who served with Dulles in Korea. The two also were members of competing debate teams in college.

Abboud described Dulles as “a true American, a down-to-earth, brilliant young man” who had an unwavering commitment to serving his country.

Gry

Veteran
Allen Macy Dulles Jr, a very unique individual in so many respects.
There is a back story here, that is very powerful.

flylowgethigh

Non-growing Lurker
ICMag Donor
You digging your military being made out to be fools of by a third world rag-tag bunch, because the banana republic illegitimate president is following orders and destroying America?

Not thrilled enough? Wait a short while for the inflation to kick in as the dollar loses global status, and dies like so many fiat currencies before it. Then the real fun will start. Venezuela style shortages.

justanotherbozo

Veteran
You digging your military being made out to be fools of by a third world rag-tag bunch, because the banana republic illegitimate president is following orders and destroying America?

Not thrilled enough? Wait a short while for the inflation to kick in as the dollar loses global status, and dies like so many fiat currencies before it. Then the real fun will start. Venezuela style shortages.

...we all need to invest in precious metals, most especially brass and lead!

Gry

Veteran

Thank you most kindly for having shared your perspective.

Latest posts

Latest posts