What's new
  • ICMag and The Vault are running a NEW contest in October! You can check it here. Prizes are seeds & forum premium access. Come join in!

top of the heap to third world status in one generation

Gry

Veteran
Train more doctors.

One of the more insidious features built into the concept of Rockefeller medicine,
the numbers are kept deliberately small to maintain the exclusivity of the franchise.

Cuba demonstrated it is possible.
I look forward to a time when we do
the right thing, as opposed to the
most profitable.

Switcher56

Comfortably numb!
When ‘The Day After’ Terrorized 100 Million Viewers With a Vision of Nuclear War

The televised film that was made as a public service announcement horrified those who saw it.
https://getpocket.com/explore/item/...ision-of-nuclear-war?utm_source=pocket-newtab

Oppenheimer regretted the part he played the rest of his life for letting that genie out of the bottle. My generation ('56 boomer) were brought up in that era (post WWII) . Although I understand why it might have been necessary at the time, it didn't make it right.

Switcher56

Comfortably numb!
Thousands of Patients Were Implanted With Heart Pumps That the FDA Knew Could Be Dangerous

Inspectors repeatedly found manufacturing and device quality problems with the HeartWare heart pump. But the FDA did not penalize the company, and patients had the device implanted on their hearts without knowing the facts.

https://www.propublica.org/article/heartware-patients-implanted-fda?utm_source=pocket-newtab

... there have been 1000s of innovations that received the "golden seal" over the years. When raising my children, they got tired of hearing the 5 letter word as to why (on numerous unrelated subjects) It always came back to? Greed!

armedoldhippy

Veteran
"a doctor is a person and like all people he has a right to get paid for his services"

universal health care is when doctors are slaves who don't recieve compensation - justanotherboomer

all doctors (not counting volunteers) get paid. some get paid obscene amounts more; whether they actually were worth that much more is debatable. MDs in Canada DO have a limit on what they earn, they surely knew that when they went to med school.

h.h.

Veteran
We have Space Force protecting us from the universe. We have nothing to protect us from a virus. The military should be training doctors instead of astronauts.

armedoldhippy

Veteran
We have Space Force protecting us from the universe. We have nothing to protect us from a virus. The military should be training doctors instead of astronauts.

you don't want them training doctors. i was in the USAF, and saw what their medical care was like...

h.h.

Veteran
you don't want them training doctors. i was in the USAF, and saw what their medical care was like...

I wasn’t in the military and I saw what my medical care was like. I understand your concern.
The problem with the government is the lack of follow up. Politicians and bureaucrats love throwing money at problems, but they don’t follow the money. You having bad military doctors is the result of political negligence. One shouldn’t fault the train when the conductor isn’t aboard.

armedoldhippy

Veteran
people in very real pain being turned away by medical professionals, then they are surprised when the former patient looks for relief elsewhere? oh, i am dismayed...(insert sarcasticon here)

Gry

Veteran
people in very real pain being turned away by medical professionals, then they are surprised when the former patient looks for relief elsewhere? oh, i am dismayed...(insert sarcasticon here)
Ah yeah the old illegal supply, that has been around forever and will never go away.
The only thing which changed were the minorities used for distribution.

Cannavore

Veteran
Laura Ingraham: "What if we just cut off the unemployment? Hunger is a pretty powerful thing."

Bar Rescue guy: "They only feed a military dog at night, because a hungry dog is an obedient dog. Well, if we are not causing people to be hungry to work..."

it's almost guillotine o'clock

E8s2YS0WUAYEtvf?format=jpg&name=900x900.jpg