What's new

Top 5 Buds you smoked in amsterdam

JamieShoes

Father, Carer, Toker, Sharer
Veteran
I was there (Katsu) on Saturday, they sold my friend some dreadful PP with mold on it...they also tried to short change him.

Elmer Bud

Genotype Sex Worker AKA strain whore
Veteran
Very useful info, thanks everybody! Can someone give me information about the best sativas in Amsterdam / nearby cities? The closer to 100% Sativa the better, price doesn't really matter. We'll be stopping there for a couple of days of red-eyed relaxation until heading to other places so we don't have time to sample a lot of weed to find the best. Last time I must have wasted 70€ before finding Katsu Black Widow, somewhere around 2010 I think, which was something special atleast for me. Still no 100% sativas, only Jack Herer, SSH and Amnesia Haze, which are nice don't get me wrong but I'm looking for some trippy energetic head only sativas for riding around on a bike, looking at art, chilling at a park or seeing some music. Any help is greatly appreciated!:tiphat:

G`day T

Grinspoon from Barnies .
Or brick weed from all over the Dam. Both have the Sativa effects you seek .

Thanks for sharin

EB .

spliphy, thanks I'll check those out!

Elmer Bud, I'll remember Grinspoon but brick weed? Why would anyone smoke that?

JamieShoes, Thanks for the info, last time I was there Katsu was my favorite stop, super cool people and EPIC Black Widow bong sessions :D Sad to hear they've gone downhill, but I'll still pay them a visit, I love the marketplace near there. Now that I think about it, my last visit had to be 2010 since it was the 2010 World Cup finals when we were in Amsterdam, I've never seen a city change from absolute orange-crazyness to DEAD EMPTY in a couple of hours. When the game was on we couldn't fit anywhere, all the bars were packed with shouting orange clothed people and in a second everyone dissappeared haha (sorry for bringing up bad memories:))

We toured the country on our bicycles and couchsurfed in different cities, Haarlem, Utrecht, Groningen.. awesome times, love Holland!

Elmer Bud

Veteran
G`day JS , TKH

I found some pressed buds at different coffee shops labelled Jamaican , African and Thai .
2 grams for 8-10 Euro .
They all reminded me of the pressed bricks from Laos that circulate in Thailand .
Clear heady smoke that enhanced my vision and awareness .

Refreshing change to the roller coaster ride of most of the hybrids from the coffee shops .
I gave some seeds and some buds to a Romanian truck driver at a gas station in France in gratitude for a meal and some beers .
I wonder where they ended up ?

Thanks for sharin

EB .

JamieShoes

Veteran
G`day JS , TKH

I found some pressed buds at different coffee shops labelled Jamaican , African and Thai .
2 grams for 8-10 Euro .
They all reminded me of the pressed bricks from Laos that circulate in Thailand .
Clear heady smoke that enhanced my vision and awareness .

Refreshing change to the roller coaster ride of most of the hybrids from the coffee shops .
I gave some seeds and some buds to a Romanian truck driver at a gas station in France in gratitude for a meal and some beers .
I wonder where they ended up ?

Thanks for sharin

EB .

Ahh I seeee.. I know the ones you mean, basically anything they sell as "import".. though much of it is actually grown here outdoor in NL (afaik thats been the case with the Thai in Adam for many years)... hehe when you said brick week I was thinking of Mexican specifically, which would have been interesting enough for me to go and look for it.. despite their awful packing methods, there's some genes of interest in them mexi bricks (to me anyway) :)

And Teddy, I take my hat off to you for at least venturing outside the redlight area (you'll notice something like 90% of the entries here are from Barneys, Greenhouse, Grey Area and Green Place) if you're feeling proper adventurous next time, try a place called Boerenjonjens - you need to get a tram and there isn't much of interest down there (not like the markets around Katsu) but they have some very nice herb down there and they're consistently cheaper than centraal... there is also a sister shop close by called "Bij" so you'll always get plenty of choice between the 2 menus :)

EDIT: According to this website, Boerenjongens was voted best coffeeshop in 2014, but I've no idea who it was voted by..lol

menu - http://www.coffeeshopsinfo.nl/coffeeshops-amsterdam/boere-jongens-baarsjesweg/menukaart

NB: you can't smoke there... so best to visit on a sunny day so you can smoke outside... you can roll in there, but not light up - strange, I know...

Elmer Bud

Veteran
G`day JS

There was a Dutch National busted in Thailand for shipping herb to Holland .
Guy owned a few coffee shops .

I doubt what I was smoking was grown in the Netherlands .

Thanks for sharin

EB .

JamieShoes

Veteran
Hi EB,

Pretty sure he was busted for money laundering wasn't it? but anyway, if you say it was imported, I can believe it was imported, I'm not doubting your word mate.. my understanding though is that most "thai " weed here is grown here in greenhouses.. I personally havent seen in any real imported quality thai since the 90's, but anything is possible and just because I live in the Netherlands doesnt mean I know anything, I tend not to get too involved with the commercial scene.. I bet there's still some good import to be found somewhere :)

with a bit of luck someone will come on here and tell us where they're selling some real deal thai.. that would be ace :)

Last edited:

Elmer Bud

Veteran
G`day JS

I arrived in A dam with Old school Haze in my pockets .
Nevil`s Hz , C5 , AG13 .Had been smoking Haze and hash for a cpl of months .
Visited a lot of coffee shops . Bought buds or hash at most of them .

The brown seedy weed was very different in effect . Needed more of it to get high . But enjoyable after all the Afghani and Skunk influences that dominate in the Dam .

Def made the bicycling more interesting .

Thanks for sharin

EB .

JamieShoes Thank you for the info! Boerenjonjens sounds awesome, I love adventuring around unfamiliar cities while high so we'll definitely check it out!

Max Headroom

Veteran
i smoked some jamaican import as well during my last visit. it was very cheap, not very strong, but had a nice clear effect that's perfect for roaming around the city.

Wu-tang

if you're feeling proper adventurous next time, try a place called Boerenjonjens

NB: you can't smoke there... so best to visit on a sunny day so you can smoke outside... you can roll in there, but not light up - strange, I know...

They use to sell white chocolate weed real cheap in their and last time I was in Amsterdam their mean green Martian was the best weed I smoked in the city (MGM €10 a gram)

Theirs a primary school next door to the two coffee shops that's why you can't smoke

It's the best and cheapest coffee shop in Amsterdam

JamieShoes

Veteran
White Choco was awesome wasn't it? I remember when they first got it and it was like 6 or 7 per gram... a lot of the coffeeshop workers from the other coffeeshops in centraal were going there to buy it :)

JamieShoes

Veteran
not top five by any stretch but worthy of mention is Voyagers doing Casey Jones for a tenner a gram at the moment.. get there early to avoid being left to look at the leftovers..

mack 10

Veteran
An them left overs suck. I think once all the buds are gone from the tub anything left should
Get thrown in the hash pile.

And while not aiming at Voyagers specifically,
It makes me laugh when they ask 16e .gram for dust..

I asked to see the cookies in Dampkring 2 (harlemstraat)
The guy flashes a jar with some crumbs in the bottom.
He started to scrape it out ( being as rough as possible) then weights up a gram and demanded 16e
And I hadn't even ordered any...

Should of seen his face when I asked what he was doing?
lol.

JamieShoes

Veteran
hehe yeah selling left overs is a bit naughty, they should bung it in the ready rolled joints, could make some interesting cocktails :)

prices are getting daft here eh Mack, some places sell bud up to 20e, might be time for a top five cheap buds in adam thread :)

Z

zooty

Quality in dam has taken a real nosedive

cookies kush from barneys came full of dead leaves

greenhouse ridiculous prices for sub-par flowers

grey area only place I rate there now... head to Barcelona it's MUCH cheaper and better quality buds.

Piff Rhys Jones

🌴 Hugging Trees 🌴
Veteran
Even Grey Area's fallen off compared to how it was, all the OGs were shrivelled up overferted brown crumbs last time I visited. None of the lime green well grown nugs I remember from the past.

Peace

B

bigganjabud

Dam aint what it used to be in my opinion tbh

As for herb give me anything really tasty ie jack harer,grapefruit deisel,some of the kushes ive sampled and also some strawberry cough