What's new

Top 5 Buds you smoked in amsterdam

ozza

Veteran
I would go too Barneys and tell them some Aussie said they have the best Tangerine Dream so show us that. Also if Green house has Hawaiian Snow it is some of the nicest weed there be.

Jellyfish

Invertebrata Inebriata
Veteran
Voyagers had the best weed at the best prices. They had the best I smoked in Amsterdam- TANJIE!!!

S

spliphy

Katsu for Mango haze

Katsu for Mango haze

Nice example of Mango haze at Katsu in Dec. It was almost trippy.

Amsterdam

Amsterdam

Just got back from the Dam.

My top 5:

1. Grey's Lime - Grey Area - Hands down, this was the best! So tasty!
2. Ever grey ice o later - Grey Area
3. OG Reekn - Green Place
4. Afgooey - Greenhouse
5. Choco Kush - Grey Area

A few notes:

Grey Area pretty much dominated this time around.

Blue Dream from Hotel Utopia, they open at 18:00. Apparently they had a good Girl Scout Cookies but they were all out until mid April.

WAX is illegal now. It is considered hard drugs. :(

Ghost Of Leroy from Grey Area, very nice.

Rollex Og did not look proper to me in Green Place but I got it anyway. I was right.

I don't normally chill in Greenhouse or Barney's but they do good food.

For vaping. Coffeeshop Free World was a great place and their Casey Jones was pretty damn nice!

Dampkring was the worst coffeeshop I went to. They guys behind the counter were dickheads and the menu was shit even though they had good names.

Voyagers was OK. Kinda disappointed but I'm sure they will make up for it! :D

STAY AWAY from Popeyes. I didn't get anything from them but I went to smell their flowers and I swear they have some sort of food flavouring on them. That same geezer that has been around for ages was behind the counter and clocked that I clocked, went cold straight away. lol

Best time to go to Amsterdam for smoking starts around March. January and February are the quiet times but I still got a good 32 strains in!

OH, and there is a bad boy pizza place just down the road from Grey Area where there are two beautiful ladies who make the pizza!

Da Portare Via. Definitely worth a visit.

(Got a snap of the Grey Area menu. The bottom left is Ever Grey ISO.)

Attachments

• IMG_0614.jpg
    IMG_0614.jpg
    90.8 KB · Views: 48
Z

zooty

Just got back from the Dam.

My top 5:

1. Grey's Lime - Grey Area - Hands down, this was the best! So tasty!
2. Ever grey ice o later - Grey Area
3. OG Reekn - Green Place
4. Afgooey - Greenhouse
5. Choco Kush - Grey Area

A few notes:

Grey Area pretty much dominated this time around.

Blue Dream from Hotel Utopia, they open at 18:00. Apparently they had a good Girl Scout Cookies but they were all out until mid April.

WAX is illegal now. It is considered hard drugs. :(

Ghost Of Leroy from Grey Area, very nice.

Rollex Og did not look proper to me in Green Place but I got it anyway. I was right.

I don't normally chill in Greenhouse or Barney's but they do good food.

For vaping. Coffeeshop Free World was a great place and their Casey Jones was pretty damn nice!

Dampkring was the worst coffeeshop I went to. They guys behind the counter were dickheads and the menu was shit even though they had good names.

Voyagers was OK. Kinda disappointed but I'm sure they will make up for it! :D

STAY AWAY from Popeyes. I didn't get anything from them but I went to smell their flowers and I swear they have some sort of food flavouring on them. That same geezer that has been around for ages was behind the counter and clocked that I clocked, went cold straight away. lol

Best time to go to Amsterdam for smoking starts around March. January and February are the quiet times but I still got a good 32 strains in!

OH, and there is a bad boy pizza place just down the road from Grey Area where there are two beautiful ladies who make the pizza!

Da Portare Via. Definitely worth a visit.

(Got a snap of the Grey Area menu. The bottom left is Ever Grey ISO.)

Popeye been doing that for a long time. I've never bought anything form there

moonshoes

I was there in 2009:

Chocolope
Super Silver haze
Shiva
Ak47
Mango

Mostly went to route 66 and around the cheese market area.

They had a hash called tornado that was bangin.

Saw the grow op underneath the marijuana museum on the tour. Guards are there and they have mp5's and no cameras allowed but I saw 8 footers with nugs the size of my forearm.

The Chocolope wasn't even the strongest but the taste is amazing

Alpen rock

Was it the original Dampkring or #2 on harlemerstraat (they are not affiliated whatsoever).Ive always had good polite service from the original.Anyhow this is Amsterdams consistency, could have good service at a place and come across a sad mofo budtender the very next day...

Was also kinda underwhelmed by Voyagers menu last visit, the only bud tht looked appaling to me was in fact badly flushed :Fromage Bleu... a cheese hybrid.

Best bud has to come from Voyagers though....Kosher Kush (not all batches are top shelf...).
Gutted the hortilabs strains were out...

Jellyfish

Invertebrata Inebriata
Veteran
Was it the original Dampkring or #2 on harlemerstraat (they are not affiliated whatsoever).

It was Dampkring #2 that I was referring to. The bud-tender was kool, but the wait staff was terrible. I saw a waitress kick a table of guys out because only 4 out of the 5 bought beverages there. I was personally treated quite badly in spite of being a paying, tipping customer.

Very rude, and I know rude, I'm American! ;)

Was it the original Dampkring or #2 on harlemerstraat (they are not affiliated whatsoever).Ive always had good polite service from the original.Anyhow this is Amsterdams consistency, could have good service at a place and come across a sad mofo budtender the very next day...

Was also kinda underwhelmed by Voyagers menu last visit, the only bud tht looked appaling to me was in fact badly flushed :Fromage Bleu... a cheese hybrid.

Best bud has to come from Voyagers though....Kosher Kush (not all batches are top shelf...).
Gutted the hortilabs strains were out...

Yes! I probably should of pointed that out lol. It was the the second one. Never really like that place to be honest!

Kosher Kush is what made me fall in love with Voyagers! They always show love in there! It's the first place I go and they always give me a grinder to take with me! They just don't open early.. lol :D

Badly flushed?! I got the Rollex Og from Green Place and there was something dodge about that too. I was pretty shocked... cup entry n all.

Jahnice

thicker skin in training
ICMag Donor
i think bad table service is a trademark for Amsterdam coffeeshops.
if i moved so slow at work i would have been let go a long time ago. lol

it is the small price paid for the luxury of the Amsterdam experience.

Last edited:
So i think:
Amnesia haze: Abraxas
Hawaiian haze: Abraxas
Liberty haze: Barneys
Dr. Grispoon: Barneys
Super Lemon Haze: Green House (great italian creator Franco)

Very useful info, thanks everybody! Can someone give me information about the best sativas in Amsterdam / nearby cities? The closer to 100% Sativa the better, price doesn't really matter. We'll be stopping there for a couple of days of red-eyed relaxation until heading to other places so we don't have time to sample a lot of weed to find the best. Last time I must have wasted 70€ before finding Katsu Black Widow, somewhere around 2010 I think, which was something special atleast for me. Still no 100% sativas, only Jack Herer, SSH and Amnesia Haze, which are nice don't get me wrong but I'm looking for some trippy energetic head only sativas for riding around on a bike, looking at art, chilling at a park or seeing some music. Any help is greatly appreciated!:tiphat:

S

spliphy

Katsu again

Katsu again

Very useful info, thanks everybody! Can someone give me information about the best sativas in Amsterdam / nearby cities? The closer to 100% Sativa the better, price doesn't really matter. We'll be stopping there for a couple of days of red-eyed relaxation until heading to other places so we don't have time to sample a lot of weed to find the best. Last time I must have wasted 70€ before finding Katsu Black Widow, somewhere around 2010 I think, which was something special atleast for me. Still no 100% sativas, only Jack Herer, SSH and Amnesia Haze, which are nice don't get me wrong but I'm looking for some trippy energetic head only sativas for riding around on a bike, looking at art, chilling at a park or seeing some music. Any help is greatly appreciated!:tiphat:

Last time I looked, Katsu had Dr. Greenspoon and Mango Haze. I can vouch for the Mango Haze when I had it here last Dec.

Another place is City Hall Coffeeshop (next to main Greenhouse Coffeeshop Damstraat). They usually have a Haze menu of about 5 different ones, last time they were all 11e. per gram. I liked the Mango Haze from here also and thought it was as good as Katsu's one.