What's new
  • ICMag and The Vault are running a NEW contest! You can check it here. Prizes are seeds & forum premium access. Come join in!

Tom Hill Haze

mudballs

He's posted in a couple of places...cept here, wonder what would act as a deterrent for him visiting?
Screenshot_20240914-101133_Instagram.jpg

revegeta666

Not ICMag Donor
bans :thinking: ... in USA there's free speech. Not sure its as appreciated world wide.
Well atleast you used to be able to say whatever you wanted... Tom still does ;)
Thats what I like about him, among other things #no filter :ROFLMAO: :huggg:

Free speech is not a concept exclusive to the US. There is a similar level of free speech in many other countries. Although nowadays you could argue if we even have free speech at all, anywhere, even on the Internet. 🤷‍♂️ Remember the Internet in late 90's? That was true free speech lol. I miss that.

I don't know much about Tom Hill but when I saw he was on instagram, I sent him a DM asking him a few questions about haze, because I value an expert's opinion. He was very polite and generous with his time. Had a very nice chat with him and he answered patiently all my questions.

One thing I really liked, is when I asked him about his criteria for selecting mothers. I told him in my country most people select plants based on loudness, taste, production or even looks. And that I felt weird because every harvest, the first jar that's finished, that's the plant I keep. He told me that's the only valid way to select a plant. It made me feel pretty good. No, I am not gay 🤣

I would imagine many of these outbursts he has on the forum are caused by him maybe being tired of so much arguing about haze all the time. Has to be tiring. I am in a different forum he's also a part of, and he's pretty polite and civilised over there too.

PlastikeRubba

I compare it to a pylocybes trip. If you go too far, you might get paranoid. And it has an aroma that I have never smelled in any other variety.

View attachment 19063048 View attachment 19063049

Unique aromas, never a good thing to hear from breeders in my experience.

You know those plants might flower alot better if the leaves were flat.

Still don't know what a Haze is. First I'm told it's supposed to smell like bandaids. Then I'm told the leaves are supposed to be clawed and the buds tiny. Then I'm told it's supposed to take 20 weeks. None of that has been true with the old "haze" I was given.

I guess I'll never be cool enough to know what Haze is.

Hammerhead

Disabled Farmer
ICMag Donor
Veteran
If no one read Tom's post here it is.. I guess some could consider nice plants as high quality. My 1st run fall into the 16-20 week category.

"Haze, the 12th week. Out of 100, there are 2 that will be done at 12 weeks, neither smoke good. There are 4-5 that look like they will go 16-20+ weeks. The most are right there in that 14 week range I think. There are some nice plants in there man".

revegeta666

Not ICMag Donor
Bad Santa - I Am Not Gay on Make a GIF

🤣

That's a classic
^^^Remind you of TH, just a little?^^^ :LOL:

Tom is a ball breaker thats the method to the madness :huggg:
Like you said the man is super cool once you get to know him, agree 💯

Bad santa is such a fun movie haha, so dark too. Love Billy bob Thornton in everything. Great performance on the first season of Fargo, highly recommended.

Last edited:

PandoraSeedBank

Boutique Breeder

Still don't know what a Haze is. First I'm told it's supposed to smell like bandaids. Then I'm told the leaves are supposed to be clawed and the buds tiny. Then I'm told it's supposed to take 20 weeks. None of that has been true with the old "haze" I was given.

Hello good evening.

I say unique aromas because never in all my years have I smelled anything even similar. I recommend you try this variety.

It's true about the leaves, this variety hardly needs food and soil or fertilizer that is too strong can overfertilize it...There the mixture was too strong. then with water I finished well.

For me, Haze is original haze. The rest is substitutes, hybrids or giving a name to something that has nothing to do with it...

Original haze comes from Sam, before the haze bros and before that who knows... From some Colombian who had them planted who knows where...

mudballs

What size are these pots?
What size do you recommend for outdoor use for best performance?
They look like 20g or 25g. It depends on harvest plan. 12/12 from germination (time of year equals flower schedule), you wont need a 25g pot. Longer you plan to veg, bigger the pot needed to finish without supplementing nutes

Salva

Hello good evening.

I say unique aromas because never in all my years have I smelled anything even similar. I recommend you try this variety.

It's true about the leaves, this variety hardly needs food and soil or fertilizer that is too strong can overfertilize it...There the mixture was too strong. then with water I finished well.

For me, Haze is original haze. The rest is substitutes, hybrids or giving a name to something that has nothing to do with it...

Original haze comes from Sam, before the haze bros and before that who knows... From some Colombian who had them planted who knows where...
La Haze Original ya no existe...

Wolverine97

Veteran

Well, you're conflating a few different "Hazes" here. And Haze hybrids.
First; the bandaid thing, and clawed/hooked leaves are from the NY "Haze", or "Piff" Haze. That's a hybrid, most likely NL5xHaze. And those traits are true, for that line, and others coming from it (The Black, Brown, Green) "Haze". Most of those are in the 100 day range. I'd prefer they just call it Piff, save some confusion.

The longer flowering types, 16 or 20 weeks, that's what I typically expect from pure Haze. THH flowers slightly faster, maybe due to selection, I'm not sure.