What's new
  • ICMag and The Vault are running a NEW contest! You can check it here. Prizes are seeds & forum premium access. Come join in!

Tom Hill Haze

mexcurandero420

See the world through a puff of smoke
Veteran
it was here, and it most definitely existed Yeah, but I want to know who has experience with the Thai as I described it in 1981 and 1982..
Thai like this
Screenshot_20240908_075526_Photos.jpg

This type of Thai just as black only not in stick shape with coffee, chocolate scent was available early 90s in A'dam. In Rotterdam you could get the minty scent Thai, which was more green in color.

FellaAndrene

Took this one out from indoors, time to chop. THH x Probably Danish Passion for fucks sake. View attachment 19062421
Ah, I see. Lovely looking specimen there. I immediately recognized that it was some kind of Skunk/Haze hybrid. Hopefully we'll see more of it!

I remember Passion #1 based varieties being very popular some 20 years ago. It was great tasting weed, but with kinda mediocre high, if I remember right. I bet the THH fixed that.

flower~power

~Star~Crash~
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Thai like this
View attachment 19062612
This type of Thai just as black only not in stick shape with coffee, chocolate scent was available early 90s in A'dam. In Rotterdam you could get the minty scent Thai, which was more green in color.
Man, that is definitely some black weed! … I think, when I’m recollecting it was mostly known as Buddha Thai?

Donald Mallard

el duck
Veteran
Thai like this
View attachment 19062612
that black stuff doesnt look so good really ,
one wonders if thats some fermentation gone wrong or something ..

im currently getting some purple pot that has gone black , they are calling it black dragon ,
ive gotten it before , when it was just a dark purple , then black , and now they popped a neat little name to it , lol ..
that seems to happen with pot sometimes , it doesnt mean the folks who grew it came up with it though ,
it may have come from the distributors, just to make it sound cool ..

anyway that black apparent thai stick would need a closer inspection to see why it has gone that color , not very enticing to be honest ....

@hempy

The Haze Whisperer
This is what's so ironical. So many folks are gaga over a god-knows-what's-in-it mutt that didn't have decent potency on its own but lo and behold cross it out and by magic the progeny automatically takes on potency from the mutt's potency that never existed in the first place????? I can only laugh.

So how did Sam come across this revelation, by crossing it out quite a few times and smoking the offspring. Seems weird to me.

I was under the impression that your chances were better for getting potent progeny if your parentage was potent too.

And let me remind you the original Haze was Acapulco Gold X Columbia Gold X (Thai X S. Indian), the latter two being added into the mix by Sam's friend and pollen chucker a little later.......or so the legend goes @Salva :greenstars:

Uncle Ben
I guess Haze represents different things to different people, for me, Haze just represents the old school quality sativa type of lines we grew up on. The advantage of it being a hybrid and only advantage IMO is that you can select from the side or type of high you prefer like a Thai type or Colombian.

This is a post from Sam made at the old Cannabis World forum, what 20 or more years ago now.

1725830114756.png

A lot can happen to a hybrid, from an F1 to an F10, and that was 20 or over years ago now, who knows what it is now, and only poor selection could really hurt the quality.

Why did Sam recommend for Haze to be used in outcrossing, I can't say with certainty but going by Nevil Sam was right.

Old Uncle Ben

Why did Sam recommend for Haze to be used in outcrossing, I can't say with certainty but going by Nevil Sam was right.

Was he covering for the fact that it didn't have any potency? See, that's the problem. All we have now is conjecture, scuttle butt. I have never seen a smoke report or pix of the original haze and I've been doing cannabis forums when most folks here were still messin' in their drawers - ADPC and cannabis.com.

Like I wrote a few times before, I grew out what was supposed to be the original haze based on the original varieties sold by The Flying Dutchmen and was not impressed. Same with Dalat Vietnamese. Not much there.

You can take damn near take any cross and grow say......... 20, 50 or 100 or so and the law of averages dictates something good (and bad) is bound to pop up somewhere, some how. That's a vital part of many seedbank marketing hawks, to try as many as possible.

UB

Old Uncle Ben

Thanks buddy a guy can always use more seeds. Yeah everytime people bitch about running out of water here the place gets flooded 😅

Golden tiger is a strain i definitely wont try again, too trippy for me but i have a friend in dallas that grows it religiously.He says its a great meth replacement. Im really interested in running the thai that dubi released as well as the THH as it sounds more up my alley but only after i finish these mountain golds
You mean this Thai? https://shop.mandalaseeds.com/products/thai?_pos=1&_sid=27010127a&_ss=r Been looking at their sativa stock a lot.

Mountain Gold has a great rep for a sativa dom.

Good luck

@hempy

The Haze Whisperer
No Haze is up with the very best of them, but it Haze has changed.

I remember 25 years ago, it could even be longer now reading all I could find on Haze from grow reports smoke reports the history anything and every thing I could find. I wanted to get the best Haze, and that was the only way to get a true understanding of what was on offer.

My choices were TFD Haze or Nevils Haze, I went with Nevils based only on the growers feed back, I am glad I did.

What I remember on the TFD Haze O Haze was you had to grow more numbers, and they looked different to what I see now. When people found a good one, it rocked their world.

I remember a smoke report from a guy that described the high it had him hiding behind a curtain after hearing a knock on the door, yep that's what a good haze can do to you lol.

The Delat I remember also I was told in privet it was prone to herm and its high was not that strong at all.

RobFromTX

GrandpaMillenial

A member on here ran the one from zomia collective and it turned out pretty good. very beautiful plants

Yeah bro that was me!

I grew out the zomia squirrel tail.

I am now about 7 weeks into flowering out some freebies from prempavee, another hang krarog.

They are great plants.

Ironically, the strain im growing is called “Red Lemon Thai”, and so far no red and no lemon.

Here is a picture that is a few days old.
IMG_1759.jpeg

We got a morroccan, a revegging THH, and 5 squirrels, one of which is barely flowering at 6 weeks of 10/14.

She’s got my attention, I haven’t been this excited since gas station boner pills were buy one get one free.

Can you see it right there in the middle barely flowering. Here is a close up.

IMG_1764.jpeg

but i got a little tired of all the circular arguments

so i mixed up some squirrel tail with some THH last night.

squirrel on the left, tom on the right.

IMG_1793.jpeg

The joint put herself out a few times.

IMG_1796.jpeg

I gotta thank @@hempy and @elchischas for all the help growing these out. Im not a master but each grow gets better.

Old Uncle Ben

No Haze is up with the very best of them, but it Haze has changed.

I remember 25 years ago, it could even be longer now reading all I could find on Haze from grow reports smoke reports the history anything and every thing I could find. I wanted to get the best Haze, and that was the only way to get a true understanding of what was on offer.

My choices were TFD Haze or Nevils Haze, I went with Nevils based only on the growers feed back, I am glad I did.

What I remember on the TFD Haze O Haze was you had to grow more numbers, and they looked different to what I see now. When people found a good one, it rocked their world.

I remember a smoke report from a guy that described the high it had him hiding behind a curtain after hearing a knock on the door, yep that's what a good haze can do to you lol.

The Delat I remember also I was told in privet it was prone to herm and its high was not that strong at all.
I still have 3 TFD O. Haze beans left from way back when. Maybe next year's project.

I had a friend who went into panic attacks every time he smoked some great Mexican weed we got in S. Texas back in the 60's. We had to take him to ER one time it got so bad - heart palpitations, heavy breathing. He finally stopped trying to fit in with the crowd, satisfied drinking the National Beer of Texas, Lone Star. :ROFLMAO:

LonestarDreaming2_1_04.jpg

HazePackPic.jpg