What's new
  • ICMag and The Vault are running a NEW contest! You can check it here. Prizes are seeds & forum premium access. Come join in!

Tom Hill Haze

led05

Chasing The Present
JMO but I think that's why he does mass pollinations,he could be worried about losing it with selections,look at all the old strains that are shitty now because people selected the wrong ones.
What is Mass, where are pics to prove it?

What people say vs actually do are rarely one in the same; for instance didn’t SamS say once before he was smoke testing & choosing from 10,000 plants the Haze or whatever it was…that’s gonna take a minute, lol

Seed sellers in many cases are like used car salesmen, often worse - Caveat Emptor

Last edited:

PandoraSeedBank

Boutique Breeder
That plant reminds me of a genotype I found in the Tom Hill Haze line.

It surprises me to see people fighting and arguing about things that happened decades ago.

I am the first to want to preserve old varieties so that they are not lost, but screwing this up is too much. A lot of bad vibes from some plants.

Nowadays it is easier than ever to get local varieties thanks to globalization. Also thanks to her they are losing themselves....

But it is the perfect time to create new varieties and try different ones.

Who knows what's out there waiting to be discovered.

Tom is trying new Thais. I wish you luck in finding something special.

Aphrodite (Lao Gold X OTH)

I compare it to a pylocybes trip. If you go too far, you might get paranoid. And it has an aroma that I have never smelled in any other variety.

3972887241.jpg
3972902101.jpg

led05

Chasing The Present
That plant reminds me of a genotype I found in the Tom Hill Haze line.

It surprises me to see people fighting and arguing about things that happened decades ago.

I am the first to want to preserve old varieties so that they are not lost, but screwing this up is too much. A lot of bad vibes from some plants.

Nowadays it is easier than ever to get local varieties thanks to globalization. Also thanks to her they are losing themselves....

But it is the perfect time to create new varieties and try different ones.

Who knows what's out there waiting to be discovered.

Tom is trying new Thais. I wish you luck in finding something special.

Aphrodite (Lao Gold X OTH)

I compare it to a pylocybes trip. If you go too far, you might get paranoid. And it has an aroma that I have never smelled in any other variety.

View attachment 19063048 View attachment 19063049
I think salva was making a joke with the one post as it had a link to Shanti X account advertising he was using Haze C male currently which has been gone for decades now :)

I could have read it the wrong way but believe that was his/her intentions

I definitely agree with your post above :tiphat:

Dime

What is Mass, where are pics to prove it?

What people say vs actually do are rarely one in the same; for instance didn’t SamS say once before he was smoke testing & choosing from 10,000 plants the Haze or whatever it was…

Seed sellers in many cases are like used car salesmen, often worse - Caveat Emptor
Mass is taking what you have to preserve ,letting the good and bad sort itself out, and letting the cards fall , they would be the one's to answer your questions . I don't know much about Sam except what I have read but he brought sk#1 to the table and that's quite a contribution.

led05

Chasing The Present
Mass is taking what you have to preserve ,letting the good and bad sort itself out, and letting the cards fall , they would be the one's to answer your questions . I don't know much about Sam except what I have read but he brought sk#1 to the table and that's quite a contribution.
So like ten leafy plants hung under canopy not grown to maturity, that pic Tom posted earlier was laughable IF it’s what he’s bringing to table with current projects, I see endless growers in here doing much more just tossing & sharing w friends

I take nothing away from SamS contributions and respect him for them; I just don’t trust his word any further than I can throw him… it’s the curse of a photographic memory my friend ;)

GrandpaMillenial

My interest in Tom's Haze just diminished by 1.5%. :smoker:

I would have assumed that the 5% that Tom spoke of referred to females. If he's talking males as well how is that arrived at? Is he smoking males to assess them? Haze threads are a challenge if you actually read them and pay attention.

Tom mentioned that the seed will produce 75% females. my single experience matched that perfectly outta 6 plants i had two males, so the hunt for your breeding stallion is gonna take a minute.

I believe @MAHA KALA grew out 40 plants to find a stud.

led05

Chasing The Present
Tom mentioned that the seed will produce 75% females. my single experience matched that perfectly outta 6 plants i had two males, so the hunt for your breeding stallion is gonna take a minute.

I believe @MAHA KALA grew out 40 plants to find a stud.
Not to be a dick but isn’t that 66.6% female & 33.3% male..? In Mass it matters, a lot ;)

3 or 4 or even 9:1 F:M in equatorial sativas is quite common actually; in SE Asians finding a firm male is very, very rare

Old Uncle Ben

While looking for an old ditty I had with Sam, came across this reply. I have no clue who I was corresponding with. This was around 1998. Right or wrong, again it's just fodder for the needle knitters who have too much time on their hands (like me.) :)

Don't know. All I can tell you is it is the real deal. Sjoerd, a grower/genetics selector for the

company, told me that theirs was provided by Skunkman and consists of what it should consist of

regarding THE cultivars and has not been adulterated - Col. Gold X Aca. Gold X (S. Ind.XThai). They

have the resources (space) to grow out thousands of plants and select only the best to further their

breeding efforts, so I trust the genetics completely. He told me what I suspected, that a cross with

the one and only true Skunk, The Pure, would be a great match regarding potency in the 20%

range for the F1's. He also said that their Fumar Con Dios would be a great choice, as most of the

work has already been done for me regarding selection of the best - they used 30,000 plants to get

where they wanted to go with that cross. It was noted that Haze does not do well on a backcross,

IOW, it doesn't have the oomph compared to that which it imparts to F1's, just one of its

characteristics. This is per Skunkman that brought it over and patented strains back in the late

70's/early 80's. Haze imparts great potency to its offspring in general.

My only concern is bringing down the harvest time in the F1's while maintaining an ass kicking high.

I suggested Top44, which Sjoerd dissed saying that it isn't very potent. The jury is still out.....

The Original Haze would be an excellent choice for the southern outdoors grower, like folks in S.

Texas or S. Florida due to its genetics. If you really want to mimic the photoperiod of the

original cultivars in this strain, then you would do a 13/11 for veg and a 11/13 for flowering. This

also cuts down on long internodes in that you're not forcing the plant, but allowing nature to take its

course over a period of about 10 months. The plant grows slowly and naturally.

I can't do that in that I will be mixing some real oddball genetics like Peak19 so I'm going to top the

hell out of the Haze, do a 20/4 veg and no telling on the flowering photoperiod, but it too will be

adjusted on a strange schedule I'm sure.

BTW, I don't remember where I read this, Seedbanks I think, but there was a poster that went to

the Dam and ended up at The Flying Dutchmen shop. He stated these were some of the most

helpful folks on the scene, spent some time with him answering questions, and didn't have the hokey

touristy flair about it like some of the other shops. He was very impressed with their knowledge and

goodies. The more I investigate TFD, the more I find out that they are indeed the ones to reckon

with...... with all others perhaps being "da knockoffs". Their logo states "30 years experience" and I

believe it!

Hope this helps,

Uncle Ben

GrandpaMillenial

Not to be a dick but isn’t that 66.6% female & 33.3% male..? In Mass it matters, a lot ;)

3 or 4 or even 9:1 F:M in equatorial sativas is quite common actually; in SE Asians finding a firm male is very, very rare

yeah bro its napkin math, i got what i predicted.

but I’ve found some good males in thai and cambodian. I think the true males are going to become more rare.

Glad i just harvested some beans from my reveg plant.

IMG_1800.jpeg

IMG_1801.jpeg

I have a dude who comes by and fertilizes my lawn here in the suburban HOA.

I’ve given him haze buds, colombian buds, he’s always so happy to see me lol