What's new
  • ICMag and The Vault are running a NEW contest! You can check it here. Prizes are seeds & forum premium access. Come join in!

About CO2

Mars_Barz

The light I'm planning to get can be used in conjunction with CO2. So I'm currently researching CO2 and the parameters I'll need to achieve to add it to my grow.

I don't think I'm gonna be able to seal up the room I'm growing in, not unless I MacGuyver some enclosure made out of plastic around the tent or something. If I were to add CO2 to my operation, isn't it redundant to add CO2 if it's just being vented out of the tent? Like how does the CO2 not just get exhausted as soon as it's dispersed?

Sorry I'm having a hard time conceptualizing this.

Also. Is a monitor and controller absolutely necessary? Or could someone get by with just a CO2 PPM meter?

Dime

Hi, I've used co2 enrichment before. For me I really didn't have the rest of my grow fine tuned enough for the cost and inconvenience.JMO but the way to go is to buy a generator and yes you need a controller to evenly disperse it and a meter to know where you are at or reach the level and it shuts off and preset times or so you can time it.. The room needs to be sealed well with tanks and the setups can get pricey. If you are at the point of optimum growth without it and you can adjust your parameters to utilize it and yield is important then it may be worth it for you. Weed is dirt cheap where I live and I'm not running for production so co2 won't be part of my grow.