What's new
  • ICMag and The Vault are running a NEW contest! You can check it here. Prizes are seeds & forum premium access. Come join in!

Tom Hill Haze

willydread

Dread & Alive
Veteran
I've already said what I think haze is,my personal idea, I don't think it's necessary, some (few) Colombians I've smoked have that sickening taste of church incense, leather, leather shoe shop, which I've found in purple ot1hz (and hybrids), and which I've also found in Nev. Hz (A5 pheno);
In Thai (obviously the ones I've tried) you find herbaceous and lemon flavors, sometimes vaguely balsamic, I found those scents in C5, in some pheno that I love by Nev. Hz, in the old old nirvana haze, in THH and also in some green pheno by ot1haze...
(I found it also in old thai x skunk back in early 2000).
But I guess we can't have the same opinion......

Last edited:

willydread

Dread & Alive
Veteran
Man as a european I have read so many times about how strong skunks smell that I might have to travel to the US just to stick my nose in a skunk's asshole to see for myself what the fuss is all about ☢️:sick:☢️
I am EU too, long time ago I found some skunk(the animal) ina pet shop, I found out that they remove their glands when they are small and sell them as pets...
PS here with the name of skunk we indicate another animal, the ferret...

Real deal old release white widow had some really skunky examples in it
Funny thing is that most skunky smelling plant I had was one phenotype of White Rhino from Nirvana seeds. I had bud in zipper, that zipper was inside plastic box with screwable lid - I still could feel that stinky shit from inside :) This is supposed to be cross of White Widow and Maple Leaf Indica. Maybe theres something about it :D

But dont say to Medman :D :D :D

I grew also Ancient Skunk from Sam - that release sold via Chimera's shop few years ago (100 seeds bags due to low germination ratio). Ended up with nearly 8 females, 5 of them fruity smelling, stony high, average high, (one plant higher smoke quality - based on my standards - she was longest flowering from those fruity ones). 2 plants were leathery smelling but these were crap - early flowering, oily rosin, not sticky at all, awful taste of smoke. I burned them in garden in fireplace. One plant - most sativa looking and longest flowering from all of them was absolut hay. I was looking forward for thisone, she looked realy promissing. She grew perfect, tall plant with few leaves and chunky hairy big buds with nice rosin coverage. It was supposed to be super easy trimming. I also kept a clone. Postponed another run by 3 weeks because of this bitch.....
Well, she ended up in fireplace of course.

CharlesU Farley

All right, since @Tom Hill and @HEMPY, two recognized Hz experts are back here on ICM and there's obviously a bunch of other Hz "experts" in this thread, I got a question for y'all.

And I want to start this off by saying I'm _well_ aware of all the problems and acrimony between Sam and Nevil. Hard to avoid it when you've researched Nevil as much as I have because of his NL connection. ;)

This is from a post here on ICM on Feb 25, 2008:

"...Lets be honest Neville got the seeds from me, but he had promised me that he would not make pure Haze and sell them as such, I told him it was fine to make Haze hybrids with other varieties that were not mine.
He broke his word and started selling Haze pure and hybrids with my varieties, and I stopped working with him.

Maybe he lied to avoid the problems that accompany breaking your word? I can not say, but I know Neville did not meet the Haze Bros and did not get any O Haze seeds from them. Both the Haze Bros were close friends of mine and both were close neighbors for years, J lived a few hundred meters from my house until he departed to Mexico."

-
SamS
-------------------------------------

I have searched high and low and cannot find any _pure_ Hz product that Nevil released???? The 85 and 86 Seed Bank catalogs don't have any Hz mention whatsoever and the only Hz offerings I can find in Sensi's early catalogs were the NL/Hz hybrid and Silver Haze.

Has anyone heard of the _pure_ Hz that Nevil worked, that pissed Sam off so much, that he stopped working with him altogether???? Did anybody other than Nevil and Sam work pure Hz, besides OT1 of course?

flower~power

~Star~Crash~
ICMag Donor
Veteran
grew Skunk #1 central New York 2005. I didn’t quite finish but the plants were impressive ..it was the “sweet” skunk. lol It wasn’t the skunk skunk.. regardless ,people loved it at the harvest festival that year …they gobbled it up. walked in with it all packed into luggage with handles and wheels :Bolt:

Salva

Muy bien, dado que @Tom Hill y @HEMPY, dos reconocidos expertos en Hz, están nuevamente aquí en ICM y obviamente hay muchos otros "expertos" en Hz en este hilo, tengo una pregunta para todos ustedes.

Y quiero empezar diciendo que estoy _muy_ consciente de todos los problemas y la acritud entre Sam y Nevil. Es difícil evitarlo cuando has investigado tanto sobre Nevil como yo debido a su conexión con NL. ;)

Esto es de una publicación aquí en ICM del 25 de febrero de 2008:

"...Seamos honestos, Neville obtuvo las semillas de mí, pero me había prometido que no haría Haze pura y las vendería como tal, le dije que estaba bien hacer híbridos de Haze con otras variedades que no fueran mías.
Él rompió su palabra y empezó a vender Haze pura e híbridos con mis variedades y dejé de trabajar con él.

¿Tal vez mintió para evitar los problemas que conlleva romper su palabra? No puedo decirlo, pero sé que Neville no conoció a los Haze Bros y no obtuvo ninguna semilla de O Haze de ellos. Ambos Haze Bros eran amigos cercanos míos y ambos fueron vecinos cercanos durante años, J vivía a unos cientos de metros de mi casa hasta que se fue a México.

-
Sam S
-------------------------------

He buscado por todos lados y no puedo encontrar ningún producto Hz _puro_ que haya lanzado Nevil. Los catálogos de 85 y 86 Seed Bank no mencionan en absoluto a Hz y las únicas ofertas de Hz que puedo encontrar en los primeros catálogos de Sensi fueron el híbrido NL/Hz y Silver Haze.

¿Alguien ha oído hablar del Hz _puro_ con el que trabajaba Nevil, que enfureció tanto a Sam que dejó de trabajar con él por completo? ¿Alguien más aparte de Nevil y Sam trabajaba con Hz puro, además de OT1, por supuesto?
Según Nevil se vendió Haze B x C pero yo tampoco lo he visto en ningún catálogo.
Las siguientes preguntas se han respondido 1000 veces.

bigherb

Veteran
All right, since @Tom Hill and @HEMPY, two recognized Hz experts are back here on ICM and there's obviously a bunch of other Hz "experts" in this thread, I got a question for y'all.

And I want to start this off by saying I'm _well_ aware of all the problems and acrimony between Sam and Nevil. Hard to avoid it when you've researched Nevil as much as I have because of his NL connection. ;)

This is from a post here on ICM on Feb 25, 2008:

"...Lets be honest Neville got the seeds from me, but he had promised me that he would not make pure Haze and sell them as such, I told him it was fine to make Haze hybrids with other varieties that were not mine.
He broke his word and started selling Haze pure and hybrids with my varieties, and I stopped working with him.

Maybe he lied to avoid the problems that accompany breaking your word? I can not say, but I know Neville did not meet the Haze Bros and did not get any O Haze seeds from them. Both the Haze Bros were close friends of mine and both were close neighbors for years, J lived a few hundred meters from my house until he departed to Mexico."

-
SamS
-------------------------------------

I have searched high and low and cannot find any _pure_ Hz product that Nevil released???? The 85 and 86 Seed Bank catalogs don't have any Hz mention whatsoever and the only Hz offerings I can find in Sensi's early catalogs were the NL/Hz hybrid and Silver Haze.

Has anyone heard of the _pure_ Hz that Nevil worked, that pissed Sam off so much, that he stopped working with him altogether???? Did anybody other than Nevil and Sam work pure Hz, besides OT1 of course?
Nevil never sold Pure Haze publicly

But he did sell BC HzB x HzC
HzC2. Privately

I asked Sams this question privately long ago . He said Nevils Haze , I don't believe.he Assumed Nevils Haze was pure Haze

But I believe the agreement was not to cross 2 varieties from Sams . HzA x Nl5 X HzC

If i recall Nevil had a few hybrids with both parents from Sams

Post below from SamS
I gave and showed Nevile his first Haze, it was in 1984 and it was seeds. I gave him a clone the next year, my worst Haze, I gave him my worst because I did not trust him, he promised to only make new hybrids with the haze, and not with my varieties as the other parent. He broke his promise and I was glad I only gave him my worst haze, as he was soon making pure haze as well as all my other varieties, so much for a promise from Neville...
The Haze Bros never came to Holland, never gave Neville seeds or clones, the Haze Bros never even grew with clones! Neville got the Haze from me.

I tried publicly and privately to have those 2 Legends Air it out on the forums . It's still upsetting it never happened. We should all take it a lesson. Sams is not in the best health Nevil is not here

I stress the importance of listening to and making the opportunity to learn from the experiences of our Elders . I still feel the same as I did when I joined . That's why it bothered some my intense Questioning . But I'm still here still asking Questions

But truth is it brought fourth my Article , Fact is probably 50% Nevil Haze post and revelations were in Response to me direct or Not

1luvbigherb

Last edited:

Latest posts

Latest posts