What's new
  • ICMag and The Vault are running a NEW contest in October! You can check it here. Prizes are seeds & forum premium access. Come join in!

The traitor within?

Status
Not open for further replies.

CaptainDankness

gun nuts use the 2nd amend. as a scapegoat.

they say they know the 'intentions' of the 'founders'

shit is so laughable, yet so sad

The founders clearly knew that having an armed society of free men will never fall. The British and Japanese agreed with them by getting their asses kicked. :biggrin:

The Japanese wouldn't even invade us during WW2 because, "Behind every blade of grass there is a gun."

If you don't like our constitution, Europe is taking in refugees. :tiphat:

W

Water-

Bush killed a million civiliions in a war he started with lies.

History will not be kind to him.

Trump will be known as a buffoon but the Bushes and Clintons orechestrated mass murder.

Im not defending Trump as a human being or his military action record so far. I know he is scum.

I just think the Bushes are getting a free ride by the corporate media and their backers that benefited from all their wars.

packerfan79

Veteran
Bush killed a million civiliions in a war he started with lies.

History will not be kind to him.

Trump will be known as a buffoon but the Bushes and Clintons orechestrated mass murder.

Im not defending Trump as a human being or his military action record so far. I know he is scum.

I just think the Bushes are getting a free ride by the corporate media and their backers that benefited from all their wars.

To be fair Congress voted for those wars Hillary specifically. The intelligence agencies feed Bush the info about Saddam and his chemical weapons.

Brother Nature

The founders clearly knew that having an armed society of free men will never fall. The British and Japanese agreed with them by getting their asses kicked. :biggrin:

The Japanese wouldn't even invade us during WW2 because, "Behind every blade of grass there is a gun."

If you don't like our constitution, Europe is taking in refugees. :tiphat:

Clearly you've never attended a history class in your life... :tiphat:

Gypsy Nirvana

Recalcitrant Reprobate -
Administrator
Veteran
Ex-Presidents in the USA are treated like national treasures, and are protected by the secret service until the day they die. They have played their role for the corporate - industrial - military - machine, and with the job comes life-long insurance.

Ex-Presidents in other countries go on the run and hide in exile, living lavish lives on the BOOTY they have stolen and could be assassinated if the new regime back home feels they are a threat - or a worthwhile trophy.

Brother Nature

Tell me, what am I missing?

First off, when have we 'kicked' the British's asses outside of the 'revolutionary war'? As far as I can see we still work pretty well with the pommies my friend. But America has been attacked for a long time and there's only a very few asses who we've 'kicked'.

I don't see the point in getting into the genocide of the American Indian because we definitely kicked their asses. However, we got our asses kicked in the Thornton Affair, which lead to the Mexican-American war and yeah we got some shit out of that, but at what cost? We had the War of 1812, and according to your perspective, we either won or lost that one. Then, we get to the fucking civil war, the war between, umm, Americans and other Americans. Who won there? There's been a few since then too, but I'll bring up Vietnam as we really didn't kick any ass there. If you recall as well, the entire reason we went into WWII was because the Japanese attacked us at Pearl Harbor. Us nuking the fuck out of them doesn't really seem like a win to me, but hey, different strokes and all. We'll fast forward past the domestic terrorism and the ignorance of the first world trade center attack to Sept 11 where we very much got our asses handed to us by those we trained and ignored. Sure, we got Bin Laden, but was Al-Qaedas ass kicked for good??

I'm sure Trump has defeated all this evil in the world though and we're edging closer and closer to world peace.

CaptainDankness

First off, when have we 'kicked' the British's asses outside of the 'revolutionary war'? As far as I can see we still work pretty well with the pommies my friend. But America has been attacked for a long time and there's only a very few asses who we've 'kicked'.

I don't see the point in getting into the genocide of the American Indian because we definitely kicked their asses. However, we got our asses kicked in the Thornton Affair, which lead to the Mexican-American war and yeah we got some shit out of that, but at what cost? We had the War of 1812, and according to your perspective, we either won or lost that one. Then, we get to the fucking civil war, the war between, umm, Americans and other Americans. Who won there? There's been a few since then too, but I'll bring up Vietnam as we really didn't kick any ass there. If you recall as well, the entire reason we went into WWII was because the Japanese attacked us at Pearl Harbor. Us nuking the fuck out of them doesn't really seem like a win to me, but hey, different strokes and all. We'll fast forward past the domestic terrorism and the ignorance of the first world trade center attack to Sept 11 where we very much got our asses handed to us by those we trained and ignored. Sure, we got Bin Laden, but was Al-Qaedas ass kicked for good??

I'm sure Trump has defeated all this evil in the world though and we're edging closer and closer to world peace.

I never said we won every war we've been a part of. Nobody has defeated America at home, we have never been successfully invaded. We could have won Vietnam but it wasn't worth the trouble, they didn't win either because they didn't follow us home and conquer our homeland. Same can be said about North Korea and the Philippines sure we didn't win, but did we really lose? I don't think so because we still have the US Constitution.

Tell me who has succesfully invaded or conquered the USA since 1776?

igrowone

Veteran
Ignoring the barbarian invasions?

when a person's immune system weakens, small infections it could have dealt with became life threatening
Rome at its end had become a semi abandoned ruin
most of the hordes were migrations of people looking for a better living space
nothing lives forever

when a person's immune system weakens, small infections it could have dealt with became life threatening
Rome at its end had become a semi abandoned ruin
most of the hordes were migrations of people looking for a better living space
nothing lives forever

Agree. Pretty common knowledge that the barbarian invasions also had an effect. Right? :tiphat:

igrowone

Veteran
Agree. Pretty common knowledge that the barbarian invasions also had an effect. Right? :tiphat:

it's how you phrase the matter
some historians will describe it as more civil war than invasion
the visigoths(the sackers) had been part of the roman empire for quite some years
the roman empire wasn't roman any more, it was a confederation of former subjects
rome's big sacking wasn't quite the vision of hell that many 'remember'
more of a roman wedgie than slaughter

Status
Not open for further replies.