What's new
  • As of today ICMag has his own Discord server. In this Discord server you can chat, talk with eachother, listen to music, share stories and pictures...and much more. Join now and let's grow together! Join ICMag Discord here! More details in this thread here: here.
  • ICMag and The Vault are running a NEW contest in October! You can check it here. Prizes are seeds & forum premium access. Come join in!

The Original O'l Farts Club.

oldmaninbc

420club
last but first given by youngest…been in kitchen window for 2+ yrs…don’t know variety..but pinkish flowers..last over month.. same cup… guess better transplant… View attachment 19090499
I've taken a liking to orchids. I changed fertilizers last year and will be going back to the original one, I was using. The newer fertilizer with higher N gave me more leaves and less blooms, both were orchid fertilizer. Now that I have 2 orchids, I can up pot against each other.
My last flowers lasted about 6 months, they seem to last that long always. The newer orchid, I don't know but will find out.

oldmaninbc

420club
This is my last week to get my crop organized. Good thing I kept a journal as I have not mixed a batch in years, always used Fox Farm OF, no more cant get it. Now I have to mix my peat, perlite and compost together and add fertilizer & dolomite. My Mrs. will keep an eye on me and double check my math and that I'm adding what I'm suppose to be adding. My brain gets confused easily these days, I don't like it.

Question: how deep do you plant your seeds and do you face your seeds in a specific direction?

dogzter

Drapetomaniac
The same people who are pro vaccine mandate,social distancing,masking and shutdowns are campaigning on my body my choice without a hint of self awareness.
😆A "news outlet" not endorsing a political candidate is a issue for the same people claiming to be saving democracy........ the people who subverted their own party rules to get where they are are running on being tough on crime while defunding the police.
Abortion is now "reproductive freedom" somehowfor who exactly?

bigsur51

On a mailtrain.
Premium user
Veteran
420club
This is my last week to get my crop organized. Good thing I kept a journal as I have not mixed a batch in years, always used Fox Farm OF, no more cant get it. Now I have to mix my peat, perlite and compost together and add fertilizer & dolomite. My Mrs. will keep an eye on me and double check my math and that I'm adding what I'm suppose to be adding. My brain gets confused easily these days, I don't like it.

Question: how deep do you plant your seeds and do you face your seeds in a specific direction?

we germinate our seeds and plant them tails down about 1/2” to an inch deep…

we also fill our 16 oz beer cups 1/2 full so when the plant comes up and grows just above the rim of the cup , we add more soil to help stabilize the plant…

all the best Amigo!

bigsur51

On a mailtrain.
Premium user
Veteran
420club
Swede bailing hay with her dad..mom is driving the John Deere

those are King apple trees in the background from Luther Burbank
IMG_2024-10-28-105232.jpeg

IMG_2965.jpeg

oldmaninbc

420club
Hi OM,

I have an old bamboo chop stick that I drew a ring around the point about an inch from the end. My handy dibber!
I dib up to the inch line and pop a bean in the mud, then drag a bit over to cover the hole.

Good luck with the sprouting!
You don't face the seed in any particular direction just put it in the soil about1' deep. At one time they use to suggest putting the planted ungerminated seed in a certain direction, like pointed end up.

BumSplodgeBrownPants

OG BioWar, molasses, alfalfa meal and worm castings
Thanks Pute,

I'm going to try top dressing and teas through flower of my latest lot and I remembered you making tea one time.

I've just flipped them and they're stretching like they're off to the mooon!

I have some bat guano powder and worm "compost", a compost mix which is used to breed worms and then they're sieved out and you get a worm compost. (apparently) and some living soil amendment. (https://ecothrive.co.uk/products/life-cycle).

BumSplodgeBrownPants

You don't face the seed in any particular direction just put it in the soil about1' deep. At one time they use to suggest putting the planted ungerminated seed in a certain direction, like pointed end up.

No OM, I just let them roll into the hole, I think they would mostly be lying on their sides that way.

If I do germ in tissue in a ziplock baggie and in a dvd case standing upright next to the router.... (that's so they know which way is up and which way is down) then I know which way up to pot them.

But straight in soil, I've never worried about direction. I just like them to be germinating between 25 and 30 *C is the only rule I have for myself.

oldmaninbc

420club
Thanks Pute,

I'm going to try top dressing and teas through flower of my latest lot and I remembered you making tea one time.

I've just flipped them and they're stretching like they're off to the mooon!

I have some bat guano powder and worm "compost", a compost mix which is used to breed worms and then they're sieved out and you get a worm compost. (apparently) and some living soil amendment. (https://ecothrive.co.uk/products/life-cycle).
I think the fellow "farmerlion" does feeding with teas, he has some info in the greenhouse section.

SubGirl

Premium user
420club
Good afternoon everyone (well here anyways). In the kitchen making cookies. Finished trimming fan leafs and watering the grow. Checked the veggie garden outside and gave it a drink as well. So far my dinky little 18” fence has kept the rabbits away.
IMG_0818.jpeg
IMG_0816.jpeg
IMG_0817.jpeg

hopefully everyone’s day is going well 🥰✌️ time for a smoke break

oldmaninbc

420club
Good afternoon everyone (well here anyways). In the kitchen making cookies. Finished trimming fan leafs and watering the grow. Checked the veggie garden outside and gave it a drink as well. So far my dinky little 18” fence has kept the rabbits away.
View attachment 19091052 View attachment 19091053 View attachment 19091054
hopefully everyone’s day is going well 🥰✌️ time for a smoke break
Peanut butter cookies I'm guessing, with a good looking bake!

Got your bunny fence up.

Gray Wolf

A Posse ad Esse. From Possibility to realization.
Mentor
ICMag Donor
Veteran
back from the gym and feelin it a bit...got a lot of stretching in, resistance work as well...got another funeral tonight...it's hard losing friends...not may old ones around anymore...
Alas, I just got notice of another friend's celebration of life next weekend. She was 96 but has been blind from macular degeneration for the last decade.

Latest posts

Latest posts