What's new
  • As of today ICMag has his own Discord server. In this Discord server you can chat, talk with eachother, listen to music, share stories and pictures...and much more. Join now and let's grow together! Join ICMag Discord here! More details in this thread here: here.
  • ICMag and The Vault are running a NEW contest in October! You can check it here. Prizes are seeds & forum premium access. Come join in!

The Original O'l Farts Club.

Putembk

One Toke Over The Line
Premium user
High Chew getting close

IMG_20241020_120010442~2.jpg

Gray Wolf

A Posse ad Esse. From Possibility to realization.
Mentor
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Shot a nice doe, and a little button buck. He will make great steaks. Nice and tender. 7.62x39 soft tip. Bolt action Ruger American rifle. Steel case Russian ammo. Caught 640 rounds on sale for $420 shipped. The deer never complain about not using high quality ammo. Shoots a 1.5 inch pattern at 100 yards so it’s more than adequate for ethical hunting. Although 150 yards is about the furthest you want to shoot.
Bullet fell out of the doe’s rib cage. Didn’t exit. View attachment 19086984 View attachment 19086986 View attachment 19086987 View attachment 19086988 View attachment 19086989 View attachment 19086990 View attachment 19086991
Good job! Clearly not your first rodeo!

Here are some venison recipes that I've collected that you may be interested in:

Attachments

• Graywolf Venison recipes.pdf
    153.8 KB · Views: 5

D. B. Doober

Boston, MA
Veteran
Shot a nice doe, and a little button buck. He will make great steaks. Nice and tender. 7.62x39 soft tip. Bolt action Ruger American rifle. Steel case Russian ammo. Caught 640 rounds on sale for $420 shipped. The deer never complain about not using high quality ammo. Shoots a 1.5 inch pattern at 100 yards so it’s more than adequate for ethical hunting. Although 150 yards is about the furthest you want to shoot.
Bullet fell out of the doe’s rib cage. Didn’t exit. View attachment 19086984 View attachment 19086986 View attachment 19086987 View attachment 19086988 View attachment 19086989 View attachment 19086990 View attachment 19086991
That looks like some great meat buddy, and you are sure to save a few bucks now in the grocery department. I would eat deer jerky, never had deer though. Great meat buddy 👍

Unca Walt

420club
Good Sunday morning brothers and sisters! Hugz! View attachment 19086812 View attachment 19086813

Cloudy today with rains in the evening, starting at 49F and predicted to reach 70F.

I made a big batch of Pico de Gallo yesterday that turned out splendid. We also gave away around a dozen tomatoes and still have a bunch left, with more ripening.

I also mailed off some test samples and tried to donate the inversion table to Goodwill as long as it was still loaded in the Jeep. Alas, they refused it as too big, so it is still loaded.

A gorgeous day here and I got in an extra dawg walk, at Miss Layla's suggestion. We bumped into our neighbor who has a new Scotty female that is a little cutie and a lover, who seemed to think that me and Miss Layla are the cats meow and made my day all by herself.

Looks like I will be reglazing some mullioned windows today that the window washers partially deglazed when they washed them.

@Grey Wolf -- Look up Am-Vets. I've donated to them dozens of times. On the phone, you tell them what you have, and they will come to your place and pick it up. Trust me, there's some BTS GI that will love to have it.

They will also leave you a tax deduction card signed by Am-Vets for you to enter the value of the item so you can have that deduction. <-- I never bother, but I've donated a coupla thousand bucks worth of stuff to them over the years.

Gray Wolf

Mentor
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Masterfully done!
@Grey Wolf -- Look up Am-Vets. I've donated to them dozens of times. On the phone, you tell them what you have, and they will come to your place and pick it up. Trust me, there's some BTS GI that will love to have it.

They will also leave you a tax deduction card signed by Am-Vets for you to enter the value of the item so you can have that deduction. <-- I never bother, but I've donated a coupla thousand bucks worth of stuff to them over the years.
Thanks! I'll give them a try!

Reactions: Boo

Gray Wolf

Mentor
ICMag Donor
Veteran

Alas, none in this area but there is a Vietnam Veteran thrift store in Milwaukie................

This website allows you to schedule Donation Pickups in LIMITED AREAS WITHIN
MARYLAND, WASHINGTON DC,
NORTHERN VIRGINIA, DELAWARE,
TEXAS (DALLAS, HOUSTON AND SAN ANTONIO) AND OKLAHOMA (TULSA).

Last edited:

Unca Walt

420club
Alas, none in this area but there is a Vietnam Veteran thrift store in Milwaukee................

This website allows you to schedule Donation Pickups in LIMITED AREAS WITHIN
MARYLAND, WASHINGTON DC,
NORTHERN VIRGINIA, DELAWARE,
TEXAS (DALLAS, HOUSTON AND SAN ANTONIO) AND OKLAHOMA (TULSA).
You live near Milwaukee?? Jeeebus!

"Milwaukee" <-- That's an old injun word that means, "Weather sucks -- BIG wampum!"

I looked up "Am Vets Milwaukee area" and got a good lead:

There's contacts listed that could help/facilitate getting the rig to a needy sojer:

Contact Us​

PO Box 324
Egg Harbor, WI 54209-9564
[email protected]

Last edited:

Gray Wolf

Mentor
ICMag Donor
Veteran

Yarddog

Nice butchering job and that looks like a good setup you have.

I am not a fan of venison but you have done well in bagging some game and getting it processed.
Good outcome YD, Enjoy!
You have to season and cook it differently. Also need to be rare. I age mine two weeks before I process into the final product. My steaks are tender, could cut with a table knife. That’s a butter knife for you uncouth heathens.

I like to make a mushroom gravy with them.

Biggest thing is people tend to shoot those big ole bucks. And they just don’t taste good.

Yarddog

That looks like some great meat buddy, and you are sure to save a few bucks now in the grocery department. I would eat deer jerky, never had deer though. Great meat buddy 👍
Deer is a red meat. If aged a week or two it has a good flavored and is tender. I generally make ground meat, sausages and steaks with mine. Also save a few nice cuts for a pot roast.
I never make jerky but I do enjoy eating it.
Venison has taken approx 95% of my families red meat intake. It is lean and very good for you.

Putembk

One Toke Over The Line
Premium user
Just got back from shopping with Mrs Pute. I actually found a pair of jeans that I like and fit like a glove. I will wait a year to find the right fit and cut. Levi's 527 for me. They usually don't stock my size. 29 waist and 30 length......

Getting ready to watch some foot ball. Best game, for me, today is Chiefs vs 49ers .....

bigsur51

On a mailtrain.
Premium user
Veteran
420club
Another view of Unca's tornado...

Fafo…

.standing next to the glass patio doors during a tornado is kinda dumb

we would be in the center bathroom in the tub hiding underneath a mattress

but first , we would have ran outside to get a good look and as soon as it started sounding like a freight train , then run into the bathroom and dive into the tub under the mattress