What's new
  • As of today ICMag has his own Discord server. In this Discord server you can chat, talk with eachother, listen to music, share stories and pictures...and much more. Join now and let's grow together! Join ICMag Discord here! More details in this thread here: here.
  • ICMag and The Vault are running a NEW contest in October! You can check it here. Prizes are seeds & forum premium access. Come join in!

The Original O'l Farts Club.

oldmaninbc

420club
There's a good chance that cutting the leg or feet off wouldn't do the trick because the problem usually starts in the lower back and then works it's way down the legs. When it's happening it feels like it's in our legs because that's the signal the brain is getting. Due to the phenomnon known as phantom limb where people feel like they still have a limb that has been amputated, there is a very real possibility the pain would continue since the nerve causing the pain is still in place and active. Perhaps a better plan would be to go in surgically and remove or in some other way deactivate the sciatic nerve. Unfortunately since I'm not a doctor I have no idea what problems might be created by doing that. I imagine since it's not a practice I've ever heard of actually being done, the side effects of doing it wouldn't be good.
I know with my sciatic nerve pain it starts around the waist area. I think the idea of cutting off your leg is more about the severity of the pain and what a person would do to be free of that intense pain. When I took the Gabapentin it took over a week for it to fully clear up the pain. It started at my waist, my butt, my thigh, knee, shin and ankle. Freeing each one of these areas of pain at a time. The worst was always at bed and all through the night with intense cramping, barely letting up except for a few minutes at a time.
Please don't let that happen again!
I have an appointment with my doctor at the end of the month and she is very good at listening and treating us old people.

Putembk

One Toke Over The Line
Premium user
My spine from top to bottom has problems, moderate to severe cervical spondylosis(this is 3 different conditions in itself), lower spine has arthritis. Both sides of my clavicle have severe bone degeneration. But the sciatic nerve pain was definitely helped by the Gabapentin, it made all the difference in the world for me. The muscle cramps from the sciatic nerve pain was intense, the kind of pain that will drive you crazy. I live everyday with chronic pain and I could not get by without the medications I take for it. I have done my best to limit the drugs I take. I don't take any of the drugs associated with blood work. For me it's mostly about the chronic pain., oh and the asbestosis.
Sounds like me. Also insomnia

oldmaninbc

420club
Sounds like me. Also insomnia
Hey Pute, oh lord, how can you sleep when your muscles are cramping up every few minutes, then relaxing for a few minutes, then cramping. Keep you awake alright and push your mind to the breaking point. I live with chronic pain everyday, so I am kind of use to pain(does not make it better) but the sciatic nerve pain cramps, that was equally intense, just different.
It's like having kidney stones and trying to tell someone how painful it is.

oldmaninbc

420club
Off to a late start today for coffee, had to get my laundry going, get a grocery list for the Mrs. she decided to go over to the city today. Just having coffee now, lots to do this morning.

Good day OF,
the chill in the air is there, the 2 week weather forecast shows snow flakes at the end of the month, still have not had a frost yet. It is a perfect fall for an outdoor crop, little rain and no frost. To bad I didn't have a place to grow outdoors.

jokerman

Premium user
Off to a late start today for coffee, had to get my laundry going, get a grocery list for the Mrs. she decided to go over to the city today. Just having coffee now, lots to do this morning.

Good day OF,
the chill in the air is there, the 2 week weather forecast shows snow flakes at the end of the month, still have not had a frost yet. It is a perfect fall for an outdoor crop, little rain and no frost. To bad I didn't have a place to grow outdoors.
Good day to you Sir!
I know I need not to tell you about buckling up.
Not sure if we so we spoke of appropriates undergarments or headwear☝️

BumSplodgeBrownPants

That's the ash grate off the grill.
The stoves out in the junkpile fuckin thing stunk.
Dogzter, I think your 2 bundles of fluffy puppys need a jack russell terrier in their lives as a roomie.

We had 2, one lived till he was 17 and was an expert at squishing mice, quick squish of the jaws and onto the next one.

When we moved out of the house we found a hole in the wall where the mice had been stockpiling the dog's kibble. 😂
No wonder he hated them.

Putembk

One Toke Over The Line
Premium user
Hey Pute, oh lord, how can you sleep when your muscles are cramping up every few minutes, then relaxing for a few minutes, then cramping. Keep you awake alright and push your mind to the breaking point. I live with chronic pain everyday, so I am kind of use to pain(does not make it better) but the sciatic nerve pain cramps, that was equally intense, just different.
It's like having kidney stones and trying to tell someone how painful it is.
I don’t get cramps all that bad except early in the morning. My sciatica is a dull throbbing pain from the back of my knee to my butt. Before The gabapentin anyway. The gabapentin has helped me sleep in someways. At least the throbbing pain has subsided somewhat. The insomnia comes from a restless mind. I lay awake dwelling on anything from things I worry about two things that need to be done the next day. It’s been six months since I’ve had a steroid shot with my back. That is starting to drive me crazy again…… thinking it’s time for another shot. But I got cataract surgery coming up and I need to get that taken care of first.

dogzter

Drapetomaniac
Dogzter, I think your 2 bundles of fluffy puppys need a jack russell terrier in their lives as a roomie.

We had 2, one lived till he was 17 and was an expert at squishing mice, quick squish of the jaws and onto the next one.

When we moved out of the house we found a hole in the wall where the mice had been stockpiling the dog's kibble. 😂
No wonder he hated them.
Ours died last year and we have been looking for another one........super intense dogs I love them a lot.

jokerman

Premium user
Its funny ,we dont really watch tv
my honey is on the net and we have netflix and peacock.
I pay for youtube and the show " Electricians",kinda like a " Lost " guys who are in a big building 4 electricians and a helper and cant find their way out.
So my buddy said he got rid of all tv ,threatened optimum we are looking for 5g and now we spend $40 a month.
Just internet no tv or phone.
phone we never used but 2 months ago we got a $150 + for 5 cordless phones which now are useless

SubGirl

Premium user
420club

No wonder he hated them.
I found two of those dog kibble stash areas when I moved too. One in a closet in a box where I kept the kiddie toys. There was at least 3 cups of kibble in that box. I thought the kids did it for a while. The other under the cushions in our living room couch which we rarely used. It must have taken them a while to carry each piece of kibble there while the cats or us were not watching…

jokerman

Premium user
I don’t get cramps all that bad except early in the morning. My sciatica is a dull throbbing pain from the back of my knee to my butt. Before The gabapentin anyway. The gabapentin has helped me sleep in someways. At least the throbbing pain has subsided somewhat. The insomnia comes from a restless mind. I lay awake dwelling on anything from things I worry about two things that need to be done the next day. It’s been six months since I’ve had a steroid shot with my back. That is starting to drive me crazy again…… thinking it’s time for another shot. But I got cataract surgery coming up and I need to get that taken care of first.
you cant explain sciatica, pure torture

OleReynard

My spine from top to bottom has problems, moderate to severe cervical spondylosis(this is 3 different conditions in itself), lower spine has arthritis. Both sides of my clavicle have severe bone degeneration. But the sciatic nerve pain was definitely helped by the Gabapentin, it made all the difference in the world for me. The muscle cramps from the sciatic nerve pain was intense, the kind of pain that will drive you crazy. I live everyday with chronic pain and I could not get by without the medications I take for it. I have done my best to limit the drugs I take. I don't take any of the drugs associated with blood work. For me it's mostly about the chronic pain., oh and the asbestosis.
Join the group.
Stenosis, mid back and neck
5 herniated lumbar
Degenerative disease in some of my disc's.
Arthritis in the rest that ain't affected by the above.
Have to peal my fingers of any cylindrical object, ie: hammers and screwdrivers mainly
Oh did I say anything about the grinding in my head
I get maybe 3 hours of sleep a night

Last edited:

BumSplodgeBrownPants

I found two of those dog kibble stash areas when I moved too. One in a closet in a box where I kept the kiddie toys. There was at least 3 cups of kibble in that box. I thought the kids did it for a while. The other under the cushions in our living room couch which we rarely used. It must have taken them a while to carry each piece of kibble there while the cats or us were not watching…
They are clever little things.

The house we moved into had mice, they'd taken the woodburner out and the back boiler and left the holes in the walls, the mice used to pop in and out there with the dog's biscuits when he was sleeping and we were watching TV. 😂
I think I have a video on my old computer of a mouse trying to get a biscuit that was too big a hole in the hole. I shall try dig it out.

Latest posts

Latest posts