What's new
  • ICMag and The Vault are running a NEW contest in October! You can check it here. Prizes are seeds & forum premium access. Come join in!

The Original O'l Farts Club.

bigsur51

On a mailtrain.
Premium user
Veteran
420club
Morning gang. I’m going to try and go to work Friday whether the fever is gone or not. Can’t afford to lose much more. Have some hens for sale for a measly $25 each and these cheap ass losers around here try to Jew me down. I’m losing money at 25 a price just in the cost of feed. Go buy your $6 chicks next spring if that’s how you feel. And feed em for 7 months before you get the first egg.

$25 is a fair price indeed!..

Yarddog

Society is fucked pure and simple. Someone on a local facebook page was asking for advice. Found a mouse nest. I said toss em to the cats outside. She got mad. I said “honey go save the world and try and feed those baby mice” people are such pussies anymore.
Maybe I’m just sour today but I’ve about had it. The herd needs culling. You should be required to kill your own meal at least once in your life. They should do it at school during home economics lol.

bigsur51

On a mailtrain.
Premium user
Veteran
420club
Laying an egg a day. Beautiful hens. Not like they are some scraggly looking prairie hen.

yep , free range farm eggs are $3-5 bucks a dozen

so those hens will pay for themselves several times over

not to mention one chicken poops about a 1/4 pound of fertilizer everyday and , bug control , they paid for themselves many times over

HempKat

Just A Simple Old Dirt Farmer
Veteran
Let’s not thing logically. I think for the power utility stuff it comes down to money. They either can’t, or won’t spend the money. Till they have to. Then it takes longer and cost more. People in roles of responsibility tend to shun that responsibility and go after the perks that lured them to that position in the first place.
Yeah, I'm sure that's it since in almost every catagory of life it comes down to money. It just befuddles me because I know the ability to bury utilities has been around since at least the 70's and from then to now how many times has the state of Florida had to redo major repairs to it's power lines and phone lines? I mean even before people were getting as wrried as they are now about climate change, Florida experienced like 3 -4 per year. Of course all those weren't major ones but with that level of frequency you would think someone would crunch the numbers and see the savings possible by burying the utilities rather then putting them up to be knocked down within a few months to a year. As I said some places are finally doing that. I'm not sure which state it was but I heard it reported that one of the states impacted by Helene is planning on burying some of it's utilities.

I know what I envision with domed concrete buildings with retractable walls probably have more problems then just cost. For example with Florida basically being a glorified sandbar it probably wouldn't be able to handle the weight if every building was redone like I'm imagining. Still I would really love to see at leasst one filth rich person invest the money to do something like that, if for no other reason then just to see how well it would or wouldn't work. I'm willing to accept that what I'm envisioning might be too impractical but if someone did something like it and it worked out well, it might inspire other innovations beyound just making glass and walls that can withstand higher wind speeds.

Latest posts

Latest posts