What's new
  • ICMag and The Vault are running a NEW contest in October! You can check it here. Prizes are seeds & forum premium access. Come join in!

The Original O'l Farts Club.

HempKat

Just A Simple Old Dirt Farmer
Veteran
Society is fucked pure and simple. Someone on a local facebook page was asking for advice. Found a mouse nest. I said toss em to the cats outside. She got mad. I said “honey go save the world and try and feed those baby mice” people are such pussies anymore.
Maybe I’m just sour today but I’ve about had it. The herd needs culling. You should be required to kill your own meal at least once in your life. They should do it at school during home economics lol.
What gets me is that at least in the case of mice, one of the humane ways of dealing with them (glue traps). Sure it seems humane at frst glance because you're not killing it but have you ever seen someone try to remove a mouse from one of those traps? The glue is so strong you can easily dismember the mouse trying to get it free of the trap, I've seen that happen. So you either litterally rip the critter free of it's arms and legs or you just throw it somewhere and either it dies slowly of thirst and starvation or some other animal comes along and makes a meal of it.

SubGirl

Premium user
420club
Good morning everyone. It’s a nice day here today. I’m soloing this morning as Mr sub is at the dermatologist for a checkup.

watching the weather this morning with thought of all my friends in the storms path.
I have garden work this morning in the veggie garden adding Peat moss to the soil to hold a bit more moisture. I think I might have screwed up adding so much perlite to my little grow space. Not as many worms this year. I have a few veggies to plant but only to have something growing out there

hope everyone has a nice day today and my positive thoughts and prayers are with those in harms way. 🥰✌️

Yarddog

In high school our class was down in the Ag barn moving some panels and the teacher found a mouse nest. Quick as a flash that size 11 Red Wing boot came down on those slick pinkies. Stomp stomp stomp. Girls started crying 😂it was glorious. Ever hear Jerry Clowers talk about tossing pinkies to his dog High Ball? Ole high ball would gulp em down like treats. 😂

Mtn. Nectar

Veteran
IMG_8219.jpeg

oldfogey8

We had flew problems in the yard until we started free ranging chickens. Not one issue with fleas now.
We have almost no biting insects or even ticks in my yard. We had no Japanese beetles this year while other areas close to me had tons of them. We have a flock of turkeys that shit all over my yard and 100’s of other birds that visit my feeders. Those little dinosaurs do some good.