What's new
  • ICMag and The Vault are running a NEW contest in October! You can check it here. Prizes are seeds & forum premium access. Come join in!

The Original O'l Farts Club.

Gray Wolf

A Posse ad Esse. From Possibility to realization.
Mentor
ICMag Donor
Veteran
I dont have details but what was told to me by a Brother ( a nascar fanatic ) and he said with all of the nascar around that area that major players in the sport brought their helicopters to help.
He said the was over 20 helicopters and 1 gov helicopter.
If our group had a helicopter, we could set up a kitchen down there.
Do we have any rotary wing license and valid Airmans medical certificate in our group of intrepid adventurers?

jokerman

Premium user
I was a stock boy at a grocery store I seen you were in high school. Dollar 50 an hour and happy to get it. That was 1968.
I was 16 when I started working in a spot weilding factory which was the basement of a house in Port Jefferson.
$1.75 a hour .we would burn ourselves so bad we got used to it .
Burned flesh if you grabbed the wrong thing.
we would work 16 hours a day on a 3 day weekend to get 48 hours in .
Pot was $20.a z a dime was 1/2 a ounce

OleReynard

We hunted Doves, Quail, and Band Tail Pigeons here. We set up on a flyway between the grain fields and the river in the evening when they were coming down to drink and thought they were all delicious.
Nothing beats a good dove shoot, nothing.
Grain fields, PIC fields, foxtail, crabgrass black seed, soybean fields.
Used to take Judges and Execs in they said it was better than Argentina.
The best way to prepare these little dive bombers pluck the brest and either cream them over rice or noodles.
Or grill with bacon around them a little garlic onion salt and a bit of pepper.

Not a whole lot better

Putembk

One Toke Over The Line
Premium user
I took my roadtest on a 1970 F100 4wd stick ( Which had a bench seat which I truly loved ☝️😊)
The truck needed a 4 lane hwy to turn around in.
I didn’t drive an automatic transmission for a long time after I started driving. Was driving a grain truck at 14 with air brakes and a 4 on the floor. Then, when I did get a car it was a 1950 Pontiac with a 3 on the tree.

Gray Wolf

A Posse ad Esse. From Possibility to realization.
Mentor
ICMag Donor
Veteran
I took my roadtest on a 1970 F100 4wd stick ( Which had a bench seat which I truly loved ☝️😊)
The truck needed a 4 lane hwy to turn around in.
I got my license in a 58 Chevy Yeoman station wagon three speed stick, but learned to drive on 4 speed John Deere and Allis Chalmers tractors, and 5 speed dump trucks with two speed axles.

I loved the front bench seat in the station wagon, as well as the fold down rear seat.

jokerman

Premium user
I didn’t drive an automatic transmission for a long time after I started driving. Was driving a grain truck at 14 with air brakes and a 4 on the floor. Then, when I did get a car it was a 1950 Pontiac with a 3 on the tree.
Well ,I was a motor head with a fast car.
My first car was a 67 Ford Falcon 170 six with 3 on the tree.
Went 0 to 60 in 5 minutes☝️
My second car was a 442 convertable

Latest posts

Latest posts